Home

Lucas Arts games dissappointment

Bill-Ba D'Kota

Hello :D

I was just wondering if I am the only person fairly dissappointed with the games LA is kicking out this year (announced at E3). With the exception of SW Lego and Indiana Jones, the games just don't thrill me at all. Where are the new KOTOR or JK games? These two series were excellent, imo and were huge money makers for LA. To me, it just makes sense to cash in on those game's success. Maybe I'm just hoping for something that isn't gonna happen :(.

Thanks for lookin'

Bill

I was just wondering if I am the only person fairly dissappointed with the games LA is kicking out this year (announced at E3). With the exception of SW Lego and Indiana Jones' date=' the games just don't thrill me at all. Where are the new KOTOR or JK games? These two series were excellent, imo and were huge money makers for LA. To me, it just makes sense to cash in on those game's success. Maybe I'm just hoping for something that isn't gonna happen :(.[/quote']I thought LEC execs had said that they weren't going to make any more Jedi Knight-series games so IMO it should come as no surprise that LEC didn't announce any JK games.

As far as KotOR goes I have no idea. I would expect LEC to make another KotOR at some point down the road but who knows when? 2007 maybe. 2008 more likely at this point. 2009 and beyond is quite possible too. KotOR: TSL didn't sell as well as the original but they really left the KotOR story in an unfinished state so I'm really hoping the LEC powers-that-be decide to make at least one more KotOR installment to finish the story.

I thought LEC execs had said that they weren't going to make any more Jedi Knight-series games so IMO it should come as no surprise that LEC didn't announce any JK games.

They also said they would never make another Original Trilogy era game a few years back, but loo and behold, here's Empire at War that came out earlier this year. :D

I wasn't incredibly impressed by any of the stuff that was in the LA booth, it was just too lackluster in comparison with some of the stuff other companies were showing off. I personally expected more, but I did like what I with the new Indiana Jones game.

I don't think anyone is particularily thrilled with another Rollercoaster tycoon clone

Agree, not sure what they were thinking with that one.

I thought LEC execs had said that they weren't going to make any more Jedi Knight-series games

Do you have a link for this? It's too bad that LA would not want to capitalize off of such a great storyline. After all, the JK games have been pretty big sellers for LA.

I also agree the the roller coaster game. Why not just make a Sims Star Wars game while they are at it. The game with the most potential that I see is the Indy one. However, 2007 and beyond may bring what I want to see... I can only hope.

Do you have a link for this? It's too bad that LA would not want to capitalize off of such a great storyline. After all' date=' the JK games have been pretty big sellers for LA. [/quote']:doh: My bad for changing things I've read into something else that wasn't quite true. I should know better than that. :fist:

I believe that LEC has continued with its public stance that no Jedi Knight games are currently being planned. That's why I had no expectation that LEC would announce another Jedi Knight-series game at E3 2006. That's not to say that I think LEC won't ever make another Jedi Knight game. Never say never, right? ;) But right now it doesn't seem like such a game is in the cards. At this point I think the KotOR series is in the same boat as JK. :(

References:

http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=150205

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=137283

Change. Take a shot at trying another type of game. Maybe it has Star Wars rides or aspects....

Well, if the game sounds interesting to you, that's fantastic, I hope you enjoy it. I personally am not interested in it at all, that doesn't mean that I've never tried anything like it before(I have, I just didn't really get into it), it's all a matter of preference.

Well, if the game sounds interesting to you, that's fantastic, I hope you enjoy it. I personally am not interested in it at all, that doesn't mean that I've never tried anything like it before(I have, I just didn't really get into it), it's all a matter of preference.

I don't intend on buying. I was just saying that they wanted to try something different.

Bah, I've been dissapointed with Lucas Arts for a while. What they need is another as good as KOTOR or RC, not necessarily sequels; but games as good or better than them. With SWBF I & II, and Empire at War (which as far as know received mediocre reviews) future isn't looking up for LA. I'm really just hoping for Lego Starwars II, mainly because I'm a LEGO nut though :/

Archived