Home

Sad day for America

edlib

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All I said was that we can adapt very easily and effectively back into a fighting force capable of doing our own version of guerilla warfare that helped us win the Gulf War.

On another note, German Americans were relocated for a time, but the order was recalled in early 1942, May if I recall correctly.

------------------

"Here, people don't lock their doors, they deadbolt them, and then stick a chair under the knob."

ThRaWn90,RAL_Thrawn,SOB_Thrawn

Rogue 6

Guest Hannibal

"OK get this straight ass-popper their's no mistaking my identity. Also I not wrong. I an many other African Americans feel free. We my have times where people oh still look down on us but those people just won't let go of the past and see people for what the really are. Now give me a reason why you think African Americans aren't? That's right you sure as hell can't so next time fine out about **** before ****ing posting it. I think you need to get your head outta your ass NOW not later. Maybe then you'll learn some sense."

Before you open your mouth again, listen up, "ass popper": I will AGAIN state that I am NOT referring to race. Either shut up and leave the posting to less oblivious people or start paying attention to what I'm actually saying. If you DO keep postin, please don't quote my whole post at the beginnging of your message, it's completely unnecessary.

To Zargon: I wasn't talking about the outcome of the Civil War, but the causes for which it was fought(and now let's drop the Civil War, as it doesn't really apply to this conversation).

"All I said was that we can adapt very easily and effectively back into a fighting force capable of doing our own version of guerilla warfare that helped us win the Gulf War."

I think you overestimate the flexibility of such a large force(though I suppose we wont know until too late). Also, this war doesn't have much in common with the Gulf War, though that conflict did teach some lessons that apply here, Vietnam is a better comparison.

(learn how to spell)

You are no true American. You make me sick every time I see you post. My family served in the armed forces since WWII and most likely before that. My uncle was a Navy seal, all served their country, so *******s like yourself would be Free. Yes you say we are not free, why is that? Because somepoeple can't let go of the past, or some might look down upon you? Grow up, people died so you wouldn't be a slave, so you could vote in our government and if you don't like it you can change it.

You bring my sig up. And tell me to take my own advice. It was a Roman proverb. Ever hear of the Roman Empire? They were one of the most violent civilaztions around yet they didn't think war was sweet and dandy. Think before you tell me to take my own advice.

NATO:isn't all that matters, even though the Combined Forces of NATO are the strongest in the world, and can keep the peace, also most of the leading countries belong to NATO. In this Conflict NATO matters more then a you can realize.

Oh yay, just because I disagree with you, something must be wrong with me. You want to lecture us on our beliefs read the first admendment. I have the right to believe what ever I want to: I say kill every terrorist, I say if you don't like my country leave, If you burn the American Flag you should DIE.

I believe your a coward, you don't want a war because you don't want to serve your country.

Also a large force, will be necessary to go after the countries who fund terrorist. If they live then so do the terrorist. NSA, and SEALS, Rangers, Delta Force can handle the terrorist.

I Brand you Newbian, this title shall stay with you until it is proven you desreve otherwise

Oh congratulations you are the first person to really piss me off on the forums.

------------------

"Dulce bellum inexpertis."

(Sweet is war to those who have never experinced it.) Roman Proverb

God Bless America

Originally posted by Hannibal:

[

Before you open your mouth again, listen up, "ass popper": I will AGAIN state that I am NOT referring to race. Either shut up and leave the posting to less oblivious people or start paying attention to what I'm actually saying. If you DO keep postin, please don't quote my whole post at the beginnging of your message, it's completely unnecessary.

First I will not as to you keep acting like an ass. When you stop that I'll shut up. I know exactlly what you're saying and it's crap. If anyone's oblivious and needs to pay attetion to the posts it's you. Next while you were not questioning my race you questioned my freedom. I will not let a like ****er like you say **** lilke that to me. Also if I want to quote your whole message I'll do it. If you would just use the quote feature then everything would be just fine and dandy *******.

------------------

If you leap before you look, I'm not catching you sorry ass!

Listen up, Hannibal. You have every right to post what you post. However, that privilege has certain limits, like everything else. Don't use foul language and DO NOT insult another member of this board.

Present your arguments in a clear, logical fashion devoid of crap. If you do, you will be treated with respect because you are understood. If you don't, do not be surprised if you're met with aggression. Don't stir up anger. That just leads to flaming. You can be mad, but moderate yourself. Okay?

Return to your lives, citizens.

Guest Hannibal

First I will respond to the honorable Rogue Nine...if you refer to my use of the term "ass popper," that was more of a prod at Rebel Loyaltist who first used it to describe me(in effect, I beg of you not to jump on my back for doing what another has already done). Also, I'm becoming very tired of people not bothering with what I'm ACTUALLY saying and posting a blasting message taht doesn't refer to my point at all.

"Present your arguments in a clear, logical fashion devoid of crap. If you do, you will be treated with respect because you are understood. If you don't, do not be surprised if you're met with aggression. Don't stir up anger. That just leads to flaming. You can be mad, but moderate yourself. Okay?"

I have presented my counter-arguments in order of what I deem important at the moment. Though I am understood, I am not treated with respect because what I say runs counter to the other posters' emotions, thoughts, and basic understanding of current events(in essence, I challenge them to think differently) and because I am new to this community(thus I am steriotyped as unknowledgable and even stupid).

Admiral, you make quite a few unsubstantiated assumptions about me...

First off, when you say that I am not a true American, how do you define "true American." Because I cast the faintest shadow doubt on what you hold true, am I not a true American? Because I counsel thought before action, am I not a true American?

"Ever hear of the Roman Empire? They were one of the most violent civilaztions around yet they didn't think war was sweet and dandy."

Ever hear of the fall of the Roman Empire? They lived by the sword, they died by the sword. Some say history repeats itself...

". Next while you were not questioning my race you questioned my freedom. I will not let a like ****er like you say **** lilke that to me."

No? Then perhaps you are trapped by your own closed mind.

"Also if I want to quote your whole message I'll do it. If you would just use the quote feature then everything would be just fine and dandy *******."

Ok, now you're just not making sense.

And on a final note(at least tonight):

"I Brand you Newbian, this title shall stay with you until it is proven you desreve otherwise"

Words fail me(either that or they're too harsh for this forum) when I seek a suitable title for you.

No? Then perhaps you are trapped by your own closed mind.

Ok, now you're just not making sense.

1. First off if anyone's not open-minded it's you. If you can see the dishonor in saying I don't have freedom the you're just an ass. While you did not target my race you did say some crap like you miscacalculated my identity. So what is it you identified me as? Until then this you're still closed-minded.

2. What's not to understand about it? If you READ IT CLEARLY then you'll see what it says.

------------------

Since you seem not to have read most of this thread I list my beliefs right here.

1.I feel that the terrorist attack is an act of war, and we should respond accordinly.

2.All govs that harbor terrorist are just as guilty as the terrorist. They give them safe areas in which to plot the death of innocents.

3.We are at war, this will be a long war and a hard war. We have allies that support us. If we do nothing, thhen we will allow more innocent people to die.

4.I hate war. When I was little I feared my father would go to the Gulf and die, but I was proud that he served the USA. I don't want to fight a war but I will if required. I also think that there is a time when the olive branch must be put down and a sword taken in it's place. This is such that time.

5.A true american supports their country. They are willing to die for their country, they want to see justice for the thousands slain in the WTC and Pentagon attacks.

6.We might not have intelligence now, but I have faith that we are gathering it. Just because they don't tell us, doesn't mean it is being done.

--------

That being said, I now explain why your a newbian.

1.I have yet to see a post where you havn't critized me, and others for their beliefs

2.You constantly seem to tell us we should remove our heads from...

3.You shown yourself only as an instigator, with what you said. "take your own advice," "I'm not looking for friends" (this is a community of friends)

4.If you want to disagree, then state what you believe don't say your wrong because I don't like it. I have seen time and time again you stating. Well that is not true, but lets see have you ever supported those reason. No, you just imply if it isn't obvious then the reader is a moron. Back up your belief, state why you disagree, don't just critize.

About Rome, I can tell you why their Empired died, and guess what they survived for thousands of years. Now have any present day country done the same? No. So once again, War is a necessary evil, not everyone is reasonable.

Final word to you. When I first found out about the attack I wanted them all dead, if civs died I wouldn't care. Then an hour later, I wanted to see true justice, ie punish the terrorist and the govs that harbor them. I don't care if you dislike me, but if you want your new title Newbian removed change your behavior and maybe it will change.

[This message has been edited by Admiral (edited September 20, 2001).]

Guest Zoom Rabbit

Hannibal, your quote about Sun Tzu was meant to advocate the accomplishment of goals with means other than military force, right? The idea that a wise leader can influence world affairs with something other than an army was new in Sun Tzu's time. Nowadays, that is how we prefer to do business...until it doesn't work anymore with cracked-out desert hashishin hijacking jet airliners and plunging them bodily into civilian-packed skyscrapers in the middle of Manhattan, during rush hour...!

!!!

Hannibal, do you play chess? Up_to_something.gif

If you don't play chess, re-read the Musashi I posted on the last page...he makes my point most eloquently. biggrin.gif

OK ! it seems that most of you prefer to exercise in verbal quarreling, rather than trying to understand what the other person is trying to say.

After reading the whole thread, I have a question : DO YOU SEEK "JUSTICE" OR IS IT "REVENGE" ???

(the following is something that very few will understand, but I'm willing to give it a try)

Regarding the Roman Empire, there is only thing I want to underline.

We all know about the Greek empire (Alexander the Great), the Byzantine, the Turkish and so much others.

Every one of them had one thing in common. They grew, flourished, degenerated and eventually died. It's unavoidable and it is natural. EVERYTHING has got to come to an end. What really matters is the LEGACY this empire will leave behind.

Pax Romana...

PS: The reason I'm writting in bold is not because of anger or shouting; is rather due to the fact that nobody seemed to have noticed my latest posts in this post. Ican thing a couple of hundred reasons why...

[This message has been edited by Fondas (edited September 21, 2001).]

Guest Zoom Rabbit

In my humble opinion, revenge and justice are often indistinguishable as concepts on the social level.

Me, I just want to be safe from terrorist attacks that seek to overthrow civilization. rolleyes.gif Vandals and Visigoths, anyone?

When did that happen? On the first new daily show since the 11th? DAMN THEM!!!!!!

Hannibally: I already compared this with Vietnam, and you said that wasn't a good comparison, now you're saying it's a good one? Go calm down and figure out what you're talking about.

------------------

"Here, people don't lock their doors, they deadbolt them, and then stick a chair under the knob."

ThRaWn90,RAL_Thrawn,SOB_Thrawn

Rogue 6

Guest Hannibal

"Hannibal, your quote about Sun Tzu was meant to advocate the accomplishment of goals with means other than military force, right? The idea that a wise leader can influence world affairs with something other than an army was new in Sun Tzu's time. Nowadays, that is how we prefer to do business...until it doesn't work anymore with cracked-out desert hashishin hijacking jet airliners and plunging them bodily into civilian-packed skyscrapers in the middle of Manhattan, during rush hour...!"

A covert resolution is never a short-term solution, and long-term solutions never appeal to those angry soulds who seek blood immediately, but a military invasion of Afghanistan is no solution at all.

"1. First off if anyone's not open-minded it's you. If you can see the dishonor in saying I don't have freedom the you're just an ass. While you did not target my race you did say some crap like you miscacalculated my identity. So what is it you identified me as? Until then this you're still closed-minded."

You clearly do not understand anything I hint at, and this pricate little conversation has no bearing on the greater discussion, so I choose to close it.

"3.We are at war, this will be a long war and a hard war. We have allies that support us. If we do nothing, thhen we will allow more innocent people to die."

WAR? If our political leadership had not hastily classified Tuesday's events as an act of war, war wouldn't be necessary! This is NOT a military situation until we send troops out to die. I do not counsel inactivity, I warn against military activity.

"Hannibal, do you play chess?"

Certainly, but the operational parameters of chess are very short-sighted: cut off the head and victory is achieved. Not so in the real world.

"What really matters is the LEGACY this empire will leave behind."

And we already have the legacy of Vietnam. One strategic and diplomatic nightmare is enough for me.

"Hannibally: I already compared this with Vietnam, and you said that wasn't a good comparison, now you're saying it's a good one? Go calm down and figure out what you're talking about."

Militarily, Vietnam is a fair comparison. In any other terms, everything is different.

When I first saw the news, I new it was an act of war. What do you consider an act of war? You don't want inactivity, but you don't want to use our military? We cannot reason with these people, they don't care if they live, only that we die. Now what else is there to do? Once again you qoute people yet, you don't really say what you believe, only that you disagree.

A

"1. First off if anyone's not open-minded it's you. If you can see the dishonor in saying I don't have freedom the you're just an ass. While you did not target my race you did say some crap like you miscacalculated my identity. So what is it you identified me as? Until then this you're still closed-minded."

You clearly do not understand anything I hint at, and this pricate little conversation has no bearing on the greater discussion, so I choose to close it.

Clearly you don't understand how much of a jackas you are. When you say me and my people aren't free you might spit in every African-Americans' face.

Also who the **** are you to close this conversation? If you hadn't said such stupid thing then we wouldn't be having this deiscussion now would we? Once you reliaze what a stupid thing you said then and ONLY THEN this coversation is over.

------------------

And we already have the legacy of Vietnam. One strategic and diplomatic nightmare is enough for me.

My point exactly ! smile.gif

Rebel Loyalist, could you just drop it ?

I can give you hundreds of cases where our freedom is stepped over, deliberately. You want one: Media brainwashing.

that's the point Hannibal is trying to make and has nothing to do with black, white, yellow or purple with ping dots people !!!

For crying out loud, can't you see that they're trying to keep the mass happy and thus controlled, by offering "bread and spectacles" ????!!!!

Simple people like us have a lot of unrefined power. the only way to keep it in control is to give the false feeling of freedom and security

Archived