Home

Sad day for America

edlib

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was woken up by my alarm radio at 6, and heard that a plane crashed into the WTC. My first reaction was "huh, that's interesting"(I thought they meant a little private plane or something at this point). Then a few minutes later, they said anothe rone crashed. Then I knew it was an attack. Like Niner said, it was totally surreal.

Glad to see Nute, Niner, Cracken, etc are all ok.

Now there appears to be an air attack on Kabul, Afghanistan. WTF?!

------------------

You're supposed to be dumpster-diving for ham scraps, you six-piece chicken McNobody!

Official forum Psychic

[This message has been edited by Taarkin (edited September 11, 2001).]

Alright...Pres. Bush has absolutely No!! F*cking evidence to bomb Afghanistan...He is just looking for someone to blame for his dumb ass mistakes in the Middle East.

------------------

"While the word is yet unspoken, you are master of it; when once it is spoken, it is master of you."

You want to know what scares me? THIS scares me:

In the City of God there will be a great thunder,

Two brothers torn apart by Chaos.

While the fortress endures,

The great leader will succumb.

The third big war will begin,

When the big city is burning.

- Nostradamus, 1654

Originally posted by Assassin:

Alright...Pres. Bush has absolutely No!! F*cking evidence to bomb Afghanistan...He is just looking for someone to blame for his dumb ass mistakes in the Middle East.

There is no evidence to say it was us! There has been fighting going on there for a while between 2 of the major sects. The leader of one was severely woujnded or killed yesterday.......SIMMER DOWN

[This message has been edited by Zargon (edited September 11, 2001).]

After the bombing in DC, everybody had to evacuate and had the whole millitary morale and Fire Fighter department take action.

So we got the whole public going north/south Highway 95 while the millitary gets in with no problem.

(That has to be the biggest traffic jam since a man took about 6 hours to jump off a stupid bridge 2 years ago...)

Guest Hans The Great

Soothsaying aside, this could get very serious very fast. So I say don't do a half job, do what the ancient Romans did to troublemakers: get every last one of them. Babies of terrorists grow up to be tomorrow's highjackers.

In the City of God there will be a great thunder,

Two brothers torn apart by Chaos.

While the fortress endures,

The great leader will succumb.

The third big war will begin,

When the big city is burning.

- Nostradamus, 1654

I doubt very much there is anything to that.

In any case, I believe that Bush has stated that the US has nothing to do with the bombings.

By the way, I heard the plane hijackers were armed with nothing but razor blades. Anyone else hear that?

[This message has been edited by Keyan Farlander (edited September 11, 2001).]

I was in chemistry class..and umm i found out that Bush denied the bombings after my last post..all the news fault because they said that Bush did.

------------------

"While the word is yet unspoken, you are master of it; when once it is spoken, it is master of you."

You know, the Afganis HAVE been fighting a civil war for years now. The rockets were being fired by the "rebels" that are fighting against the Taliban. Not the USA.

I have nothing more to say than that has already been said. This still hasn't sunk in on me yet, it's just a huge tradegy.

SOMEONE is gonna TOASTED for this. I have never wanted to be in the military MORE than today.

Guest Guenevere

Zaarin checking in here (Sith, I hope you don't mind me using this name for now, for reasons that I won't go into in this thread).

Dear god, this is awful. My heartfelt condolences go out to anyone who was affected.

You know, it's stuff like this that makes me thankful for living where I do. I'm in a backwater place, that nobody really has a grudge against.

Don't get me wrong here, but I severely hope this doesn't get, for serious want of better phrasing, blown out of proportion. This is not the start of a war, this is not a sign that the US should go and randomly nuke parts of the middle east. But, if some fanatical person somewhere in the system decides to, it just could lead to a situation along the lines of FB's post.

Also, I honestly don't get why everyone is suddenly pointing the blame at Bin Laden. There's no evidence of any kind at the moment who was responsible. Hell, it could have been practically anyone. Doesn't have to be a large terrorist organisation, just someone who knows how to hijack a few planes, which, quite frankly, any average citizen could do with some planning.

This was a terrible tragedy, but I just pray that someone somewhere doesn't take this as an excuse to bomb/invade/nuke anyone they don't like. This is not the beginning of a war, but it could become one, if a few people out there decide to be bloody stupid.

Again, my hopes and prayers are with everyone who was affected in any way, and I only hope that this doesn't escalate too far.

Zaarin

We are not bombing Afganistan...sorry if you got the idea we are because MSNBC and CNN camera crews don't know squat. they also thought a plane landed at camp david and a car bomb hit the state departmetn, neither happened.

and if we were bombing Afganistan they would deserve it anyway, they are harboring a fugitive from internatonal law. someone implicated in many other attacks including the bombings of 2 US embassies so I say bomb 'em into the stone age and then let russia have them.

Archived