Home

mjpb3's Asajj Ventress PC

mjpb3

Original request:

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=162931

With the great, tremendous, spectacular help of Kha and oldflash with the model files, after a long wait, may I present to you Asajj Ventress for K1 and K2.

(I know the outfit isn't exactly the same, but there is only so much I can do with the model files in the games. It's as close as she's going to get as things are. I really would have preferred a dress type outfit - but hey, this is cool too ;))

Hope you like her as much as I do :)

------------------------------------------------------------

The look I was going for: Original Asajj Ventress

Please view the mod page for installation instructions.

Thanks to oldflash now both mods have sabers! W00t!

The K1 mod has Asajj's twin sabers and the double-blade.

The K2 mod only has Asajj's twin sabers, which you will need to use KSE to get in game. But hey, it's better than nothing, right? :D

K1:

sm-Screen-19.jpg

K2:

sm-Screen-20.jpg

Here's the link:

http://www.cjt0202.net/mjpb3mods.php

http://gamemods.mjpb3.net

As always, feedback is welcomed.

Enjoy!

what exactly does "Freedom of Movement" (one of the saber's properties) do?

It makes the character immune to movement slowing effects (used in the Stasis, Poison and Slow force powers and Gravity Generator droid weapons for example) and the entangle effect used by Adhesive grenades.

(If you use this effect on standard party members be aware that some in-game cutscenes may start to look funny since many cutscene scripts use the Slow effect to make the characters walk at the desired speed in the scene. Hence why you won't find the "Freedom of Movement" effect on any equipment you can find in the standard game.)

Nice mod, looks very good judging by those screen. I think I'll try it next time I play the game though I'm usually not partial to bald, corpse pale aliens with a darkside leaning. :)

^^^ With Asajj's lightsaber skills, I wanted to give her a feat that reflected her skills. Freedom of movement seemed to be a good one. Since she is so good with a saber, I figured that her movement while holding a saber would be dramatically better

(meh - seemed a good idea at the time ;))

how does one pronounce "Asajj"? :lips1:

Asajj - I believe is pronounced such - Ah-Saazj

(or at least that's how I hear it in my head)

Nice mod, looks very good judging by those screen. I think I'll try it next time I play the game though I'm usually not partial to bald, corpse pale aliens with a darkside leaning. :)

Thanks! And instead of thinking of her as pale and corpse-like, you could always just think of her as a mime :lol:

Very good, just one question - does it use TSL Patcher?

No, is doesn't, sorry.

Does this mean Aurra sing is soon to come? :)

Possibly.

But, I'll have to wait until one of the fantastic modelers can make me an Aurra Sing model for K2, with the top notch ponytail. ;)

Very good, just one question - does it use TSL Patcher?

No, is doesn't, sorry.

If you need it to install the mod I can upload an "inofficial" installer skeleton I threw together quickly for it in order to install the mod into my own TSL game just moments ago. It only contains the installer config files and executable though so you'll need to download the mod itself from mjpb3's site too.

1. Download this file and unpack the folder within to somewhere. (not the override folder though!)

2. Extract all the files from mjpb3's RAR archive for the mod (not the folder within itself) into the tslpatchdata folder extracted from the RAR archive in (1) above. Do NOT allow it to overwrite any existing files in the folder when it asks if you want to do that.

3. Run the "Install Mod.exe" tslpatcher application in the main folder from (1) above and you should be able to install the mod. Worked for me at least. :)

Installing K1 :D

Is there also version for LS Asajj :> ??

The two pics in my first post above show a neutral alignment of Asajj. That would also be her LS face. (Grayish tinged eyes)

She comes with DS alignment transitions, which are just eye color changes. (Her eyes are yellowish-orange.)

The two pics in my first post above show a neutral alignment of Asajj. That would also be her LS face. (Grayish tinged eyes)

She comes with DS alignment transitions, which are just eye color changes. (Her eyes are yellowish-orange.)

Roger That !! ;]

Thanks for the answers, stoffe and mjpb3! :)

Some feedback for mjpb3 on the mod:

Did you intend for people to prefer using the double-bladed saber? I ask this because the way the sabers are set up, the double is very much stronger than the single-bladed. Like duh! But hear me out...

As per baseitems.2da, all doubles already cause 0-4 more energy damage than singles. Add to that the better un-upgraded stats which you placed, and the singles are left far behind in the damage stakes.

Further more, since the singles are regular lightsabers (instead of short), dual-wielding will cause an extra -2 to hit penalty on the main hand.

All these effectively mean there is hardly any justification whatsoever to prefer dual-wielding the single sabers over just using the double-bladed one.

I have done a little bit of reading on Asajj (your mod inspired me!) and all sources indicate that she would have been as effective whether dual-wielding or using the double sabers.

I would suggest a small tweak to balance the sabers out a bit, but it's your call. Great mod by the way! :)

Thanks for the answers, stoffe and mjpb3! :)

Some feedback for mjpb3 on the mod:

*snip*

I made the two single-blade sabers slightly less powerful because... well, there are two of them. Personally, I only use a double-bladed saber myself... so yes, I did make it a bit more powerful than the two single-blades. But as you said, it is my mod ;)

I don't plan on changing anything with this mod since she has been one of my more taxing projects. AS IS comes to mind :D

Mjpb3, I got an idea for you for your Ventress mod in the TSL version.

atris0fi.jpgvent6wl.jpg

Notice how simular the robe styles are. You could have your Ventress head be put on the Atris clothing model and reskin the robe into a Ventress colors.

Archived