Home

Earthworm Jim

Another game Psychonauts fans might enjoy, it's a twisted game with a dark sense of humor, you play as Jim, a ismple country worm who found his way to a supersuit from space that grants him all sortsa neat powers.

My favorite character was Evil the Cat, and recently the game is being revived for the PSP, who else has played this dark, wacky, twisted, strange, game?

A classic game — I thoroughly enjoyed playing it in my earlier days. I'm glad that it's getting a revival of sorts, even if I do have no intention of ever owning a PSP. Maybe it'll worm its way onto other consoles, though.

EWJ's Chronology:

Earthworm Jim-PC, Genesis, and SNES.

EWJ 2-PC, Genesis, and SNES.

EWJ:The Whole Can of Worms:EWJ 1 & 2-PC

Earthworm Jim-Game Boy

EWJ:Menace 2 The Galaxy-Game Boy

EWJ 3D-N64 & PC

ClayFighter 63.33-N64

Earthworm Jim-Cartoon

EWJ was my favorite game as a kid, the wacky adventures his cartoon double would go through. (I own a tape of it, also Jim was voiced by Dan Castellanetta, AKA Homer Simpson!)

Game story from beginning to end:

Queen Slug-for-a-Butt is the evil overlord of most of the universe, she wants the rest of it. So she paid Prof. Monkey-for-a-Head to build a supersuit for her, after using the Battery of the Gods to build it he gave it to Psy-Crow to deliver it to her, unfortunately it was intercepted by Princess What's-her-name (the Queen's beautiful sister who was never named because she is hideous by Insectican standards) and her rebellion who shot down Psy-crow's ship, before she could get the suit she was kidnapped by the Queen, so the suit drifted aimlessly in space until it landed in a junkyard in Terlawke, Texas on Earth.

Meanwhile Jim, a mindless worm was outrunning a crow, he found the suit and hid inside and a genetic mutation took place, now Jim possessing superstrength, superspeed, and superintelligence (by worm standards anyway...) must rescue the Princess from the Queen, he ventured through the Junkyard and (after figuring out the suit's controls) took off to space in his Pocket-Rocket.

Meanwhile Psy-crow is in a hurry to get the suit back so, without a ship, he races Jim to his next destination, and (depending on if you're fast enough) will battle him to the death. Luckily Jim escapes to his next destination, the Planet Heck.

Heck is a twisted society of the most evil creatures known to man, Jim must do battle with demons, rats, and lawyers to escape this burning planet. Jim starts to think he doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell of surviving... especially after fight a Snowman's fist in heck. Jim's suit becomes stolen by Evil the Cat, the evil cat ruler of Heck, Jim kills this foe nine times over before escaping Heck.

Jim now faces his darkest fear... fish. Jim travels to La Planete' De Aqua, a backwards society where Bob, the evil, killer, goldfish rules over an army of superpowerful cats. Jim escapes and heads for the outer reaches of space.

He meets with Major Mucus, a living booger who will tell Jim where the suit came from if he can survive a bungee jump of doom. He does.

Jim now heads for the fifth level, Level 5, a space laboratory built by Prof. Monkey-for-a-Head, who needs the suit back (he would build another one, but it requires a battery of the gods, when he tried to get another one the gods changed him into a breadmaker.) and attacks Jim with an arsenal of robots and his assistant, Monkey-Professor-for-a-Head. Jim is sucked into a wormhole after the battle to a desolate, decaying world where his only hope of escape is an innocent puppy named Pete.

Unfortunately Pete has a defense mechanism for surviving the desolate world, whenever he feels pain he changes into a twisted evil demon that mauls the nearest living thing, which is usually Jim. After escaping jim leaves for his final destination... Insectica's capitol city Buttville.

A really thorny situation, Jim must use his head as a helicopter to glide between the thorns and meet Queen Slug-for-a-Butt...'s Butt. After that he fights the real Queen.

Now Princess What's-her-name is a just ruler that the entire galaxy votes as their leader.

TEH EDN...?

You're just begging to be innuendo'd, right??

Oh... I can make this too easy.

At the end of the game Jim must fire off plasma into the Queen's butt to annhiliate her only defense.

That explains the similarities I was seeing in the art style comparison for Evil and Mr. Blik. I thought that the pointy ears looked strangely familiar... and I was right! Something strikes me as odd about Evil's head, however. Maybe it's supposed to be larger due to his super genius status?

Perplexion Ensues!

That explains the similarities I was seeing in the art style comparison for Evil and Mr. Blik. I thought that the pointy ears looked strangely familiar... and I was right! Something strikes me as odd about Evil's head, however. Maybe it's supposed to be larger due to his super genius status?

Perplexion Ensues!

FUN FACT:

Doug actually has cats named Gordon and Waffle, Mr.Blik's name was originally Mr.Black but obviously due to racism issues it had to be changed.

Contact him here!

• 4 weeks later...

I too love Earthworm Jim. How can you not? I was obssesed with him when I was younger. I watched the show and loved the games. I still have lots of the toys too. And I recently downloaded the TV episodes on my computer. Plus, I have Earthworm Jim 3D. It's a decent game. Not great, not horrible. It's pretty freakin' hard though. I have yet to actually finish it. One of these days though. Psychonauts is similiar with the whole exploring your brain and pysche thing. Which I think is a really neat concept.

Also what other video-game/TV show deals with cows AND giant fur bearing trout.

Also what other video-game/TV show deals with cows AND giant fur bearing trout.

RIPLEY'S BELIEVE IT OR NOT! The videogame! I have a book with both odd cows and a fur bearing trout in it.

RIPLEY'S HAS EVERYTHING!! Even somthing related to the family.

And Smon, that Don't Stop Me Now video thing, rocked hard. Why were Jim and a dog doing high kicks in tuxedos though?

Archived