Home

Remnants: The Last Jedi

Alright -- first of all, an introduction. I'm new to this forum, but not to forum roleplay. I've actually moderated several roleplay forums in my time, mostly fantasy and science-fiction related. I've been wandering online for several months now, looking for a good Star Wars related roleplay forum -- I think I've found it. I hope you guys enjoy my first roleplay, I know I will. :)

---------------------------

Remnants: The Last Jedi

Story: It has been three years since The Great Purge; three years since the treacherous Senator Palpatine ordered the extermination of the Jedi. The survivors of Order 66 gather on an unknown desert planet in the deepest black of the Outer Rim. Calling the planet "Solace," the few remaining Jedi begin to rebuild their shattered society. There, they teach a new generation of Jedi, a dozen-or-so young Padawans, eager to carry on the Jedi way in the midst of great peril.

But there is something dark in wastes of Solace -- something that calls to the fragile young minds of the Padawans. Something that promises the eradication of the Jedi ...

Rules: Basic story-motivated roleplay. No god-like characters, stick to Force basics (no ridiculous Force powers, please). Other than that, have fun.

Characters: You may choose to be a Padawan of the new generation, or a Knight of the survivors. Use the template below for character creation.

Name: Jyrnus

Homeworld: Coruscant

Species: Human

Appearance: Tall, lean, athletically muscled. Brown hair, pulled into a messy topknot. Dark robes, leather tunic.

Weapon(s): Lightsaber (blue blade)

Brief History: Jyrnus entered the Jedi Academy as a young child, ambitious and eager to learn. Jyrnus saw action in the Clone Wars, along with his master, the great Master Drun'Yuil. But Drun'Yuil was killed while on duty in the Outer Rim, and Jyrnus found himself alone -- a learner without a teacher. After Order 66, Jyrnus fled the planet and met up with other surviving Jedi to finish his training and become a Jedi Knight on the hidden planet Solace.

We'll begin when we have a few more characters involved. Thanks to everyone participating!

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Name: Iylos

Homeworld: Nar Shadaa

Appearance: Blue eyes, dark blonde hair, average height, fit and wears Black Robes

Weapon(s): Blue Lightsaber

Brief History: Iylos grew up as street kid on Nar Shadaanever knowing who he was, he named himself Iylos, the name of a night club in Nar Shadaa. A jedi who ran out of fuel and landed on the planet picked him up and trained him in the force. Iylos survived order 66 and fled to Solace knowing that if he surfaced he would be destroyed.

Jyrnus wakes with a start, his skin chill and clammy with sweat. His legs are tangled in the sheets of his small cot, and he struggles to free himself before he can stand. His quarters are tiny, but they serve their purpose. A cot along one wall, a desk littered with technical equipment and circuitry along another. His lightsaber is laid out on the desk -- a silver hilt inlaid with bronze accents, slightly curved at the pommel, expanding at the emitter. Jyrnus built it himself, several years before The Great Purge. That was when his Master was still alive, when the Council still existed.

He yawns, stretching his aching muscles as he tries to remember his dream. It was something calling to him ... a cold, harsh voice that was somehow seductive to him ... saying his name over and over ... drawing him out of the temple ... into the wastes ...

He shakes his head, ridding himself of the nightmare. Silly visions, nothing more. Jedi deal with such things. Pulling his hair into a messy topknot, he pulls on a leather tunic and peeks into the hallway. It's early, yet -- most of the other Padawans are still asleep. Perhaps one of the Knights will be awake.

Jyrnus clips his lightsaber to his belt and shuts the door to his quarters, heading in the direction of the common room, where he hopes to find a sparring partner for his morning exercise.

Name: Moradin

Homeworld: Courscant

Appearance: Tall, very tall, 7'4", athletic build, muscular. Red tinted hair cropped into a short, and spiked form. Gray eyes.

Weapon(s): Dual blue bladed Arbiter lightsabers.

Brief History: Moradin grew up on Courscant with his best friend Jyrnus. They both entered the academy eager to learn. Moradin was seperated from Jyrnus when Jyrnus travelled to Bos Pity to help with the battle. Moradin was stuck on Courscant. During The Great Purge, Moradin's master was killed. After discovering the news, Moradin stole a Jedi Starfighter from the temple and escaped to Solace.

Moradin sat there on his bed in a meditative position. He looked out the window to the lake right outside. The mist was heavy today, and the sun was covered over by clouds. He got up and stretched and headed off to the mess hall, ready for some chow. On his way there he bumped into Master Iylos.

"Good morning, master Iylos."

"Morning."

He entered the hall and opened a food dispenser.

"Oh, great. MREs. My favorite," He said sarcastically.

After breakfast, he headed to the sparring room to look for a partner.

• 2 weeks later...

Name: Arkai Santarna

Homeworld: Tatooine

Species: Kel Dor

Appearance: about average height- 5'6", bald, face obscured by the breathing equipment that all Kel Dor must wear, is usually seen to be wearing traditional Jedi robes

Weapons: green single blade lightsaber

Brief History: Born into slavery on Tatoooine, he eventually discovered his ability with the force and found a way to deactivate the tracking device that was implanted into him. He later fled to Courascant and was trained in the Jedi Temple. He rose to a Master after training his padawan, Aran Dornar, who was killed during Order 66. After the death of his padawan, Arkai fled to Solace to guide the padawans gathering there.

As the dawn light broke into the entrance to the cave that Arkai was sheltering in, he rose from his meditation to greet the morning. He picked up the pack containg his supplies and left through the cave entrance to return to the new Temple.

While he walked, he could feel the dark presence that had begun this journey into the unknown areas of Solace begin to recede as he left the swampy wastes. He had felt the presence one night as he slept and resolved to discover its source, but as he entered the front door to the temple, he was no closer to achieving his goal, and decided to go and have some breakfast: that always cheers him up.

Name: Taid Milidit

Homeworld: Utapau

Species: Pau'an

Appearance: A long creature like all his kind, he stands at a bit over 2 meters. He's bald, has long arms and fingers, his black eyes are suroounded by red eye sockets. He as gray, pinstriped skin . He has discarded his jedi robes and now wears clothing that is combined between normal Pau'an clothing and mercenary-like clothing. There is a vertical hold on his bet at both his sides for his lightsaber so that it stays hidden under his short jacket

Weapon(s): Blaster, two yellow lightsabers that can be connected for one dual lightsaber

Brief History: As a child he managed to be seen by a jedi when he was playing with his friends and showed extremely good reactions and as he could levitate the ball they were playing with for very short periods of time. The jedi informed of this to the Jedi Temple and so Taid was brought up to the council to be tested. So he started training under master Yoda as a part of the Bear clan. His first master was Yoda, much before the green critter would take Dooku under it's care. At the age of 26 he went through the trials, passing with "excellent performance" as some of the then jedi council members said to him. He never let it get to him, thought, as he was a modest man. as a knight, he paired with many other later famous knights on missions to various places in the galaxy.

His far sight wasn't strong as the Republic neared to it's end but as he sensed the disturbance, as he hadn't been in Coruscant for about 20 years or so and so Palpatine hadn't influenced him, the resourceful jedi started to get connections in the underworld by taking the role of Tabu Nabir and as doing so, he stayed pretty much out of the wars and refused to become a general, even if he did take part in some missions by the orders of the council. When Order 66 was given, Taid faked his death outside a bar on Nar Shaddaa. He became Tabu Nabir for full time until the rumors of Solace came to him. He gave his businesses to be run by a close Gungan friend that had a life debt on Taid before leaving alone for the new Jedi planet. He has mastered both the offensive and defensive styles of Form V and he has mastered Form III, but he is also adapt in using other styles because of the amount of training he has had in his long life.

((Let's see what you newbies can do, then))

Jedi Master Taid woke up from his slumber inside a not very cozy room he had been given to rest in. He dressed in a more lighter version of his usual clothing, made more flexible so he could actually fight with a lightsaber instead of clumsily trying to swing it while moving as fast as a snail in uphill. His pale hands grabbed his lightsabers and hooked them onto his belt before the tall male Pau'an left the room and headed towards the commn room. He was an indimitating sight as he walked down the hallway, like gliding as his feet did not show from under the clothes which was also an advantage in fighting as the adversary wouldnot see his feet movements and so predict his next step. Taid stepped into the common room and looked around with his dark eyes with a smile that showed his extremely sharp looking teeth. The common room was almost completely empty, which made the jedi master think.

"Padawan these days... They sparr too much and train too little in force powers" he said and left for the mess hall next door. He grabbed a light meal reserved for him by his request and he ripped parts of the meat for hismelf, eating swiftly. Not long after that, he left for the sparring room. As he entered, he already could see the room being occupied by many. He shook his head and chose to meditate next to the wall. as he set down, his clothes seemed to fold into itself and just shorten instead of wrinkling. His eyes closed as he started to meditate and the few objects around him started to levitate. If someone would dare to chalenge him in a duel, he would be ready and his mind would be clear

As Arkai finished his breakfast in the mess hall, he decided to ask the food preparation droid, that they had managed to salvage from the old temple, where he would be most likely to find a large group of padawans. The droid directed him to the sparring room, which wasn't much of a surprise really as lightsaber skills were important in these dark times, but he suspected that several of the padawans being trained by him would be neglecting some of the duller aspects of becoming a Jedi.

He set off down the corridor to the sparring room, where he would gather as many of his padawans as he could and get them to help gather the rest of his students. When the door to the sparring room opened, he was unsurprised to see yet another duel about to begin, this one between Jyrnus and Iylos. Arkai decided to watch before gathering his class so that he could observe how one of his students would perform when they were unaware that he was watching. And even a full Jedi Knight like Iylos was never above any constructive critiscism...

Walking into the sparring arena, Moradin hit his head against the door post.

"Damn door," he cursed, That's the eigth time this week that I've done that."

Walking into the large domed arena (again) he ducked and walked over to the wall. He closed his eyes, and set one foot firmly on the wall. Another. Then another until he was hanging from a rafter upside down.

"Hey, you!" a small padawan called up to him. "Wanna spar?"

Moradin sighed and let go of his grip of the rafter, plummeting down to the hard floor. As he neared the floor he half-sumersalted to land on his feet. His weight making a loud but muffled THUMP as he hit the ground.

"Sure, why not?" He and his partner walked over to the arena. The padawan ignited his lightsaber and charged.

"Such a pity." Moradin murmured.

He ignited one lightsaber and batted the apprentices saber away with such force that the saber clattered against the wall.

"No fair!" The padawan yelled.

"What's not fair? That I beat you? Or you are just not the best there is? Hmm? Now run along. And DEFINITLY pick on someone your own size." Sheating his lightsaber, he headed up the wall to meditate once more.

((Peers into SW RP and says, "Whoa! This place is still getting action?" ))

Name: Assala Ver

Homeworld: Correlia

Appearance: 1497.jpg

Weapon(s): a single lightsaber with a pale green blade

Brief History: Assala was sent to the Jedi at three years of age and her training progressed quickly from there. When she was ten, she was taken as a Padawan of an old Jedi Master, who died the next year. After his death, Assala was trained by various members of the Council until she turned 27. At 27, she passed the trials and was given a Knight's rank.

Over the next five years, Assala was sent on several diplomatic missions. A year before the Purge, she was appointed as a General. She was on an Outer Rim planet when Order 66 was given and was seriously injured when her troops turned on her. But she recovered from her injuries, in part by calling on the power of the Force.

For the next three years, Assala wandered on the borders of known space. She rarely stayed in one place for more than three days. Then, she heard about Solace and made the journey to find it. Now, she lives there and can generally be found meditating somewhere or watching the younglings spar with one another.

------------------------------------------------

Assala Ver slipped quietly into the sparring room. Taking notice of Master Taid Milidit, she bowed respectfully and sat down near him, but not too near. After a moment of shared silence while watching the sparring children before them, she spoke.

"Training now is nothing like it once was, Master," she observed quietly, barely audible above the noise in the room.

Taid opened his eyes and rose his head to look at the training going on.

"Quite so, dear knight. The padawan are too hasty to learn properly or too in between with their emotions that being a jedi and following the code means nothing to them" he answered and looked around some more.

"They do not understand that a proper jedi should never ignite his sword but can defeat their opponent with their mere force powers" he continued before closing his eyes again. The meditation continued as he lowered his head, but he was still very much aware of the things going around himself

Assala continued watching the 'training' for a few more seconds. Then, she also began to meditate, opening herself to the Force and extending her perceptions to fill the room. Though her eyes had closed, she was intensely aware of all that was going on. In her mind's eye, she saw a six year old padawan call on the Force to snatch a training saber from the racks placed well over his head. Activating it, he began to swing it around, pretending he was in a real fight.

Assala's eyes opened slightly and she watched him for a moment. Then, her eyes closed again. She sensed him drawing nearer, completely oblivious to his surroundings. Soon, she noted that he was putting other students in danger. Her head rose and her eyes opened slightly. She stared at him for several seconds before calling on the Force to rip the training saber from his grasp. Gracefully, she rose to catch it as it sailed through the air toward her, drawing the attention of a few of the younglings.

"This is not a toy, young one," she told the six year old. Using the Force, she sent the training saber back to the rack it had been taken from and sat down, again pulling herself into meditation.

The tall master's eyes opened as the lightsaber was placed back onto the rack. He smiled quietly and stood up while the clothes seemed to fold back down from nothingness without ven one wrinkle on them. Taid walked to the youngling group, avoiding the padawan and knight duels going on around the training room. As he approached, smiling with his sharp teeth showing, some younglings squealed and tried to run, but there was nowhere to go and they just had to stand and wait. A falleen youngling, older and seemingly stronger than the other younglings, probably more foolish at that also, stood infront of the jedi master.

"I'm not scared of you" the small boy yelled at him and Taid grinned back.

"Well, you shouldn't be scared of me, youngling" he noted and took a step forwards. The boy didn't move but got ready to push Taid if necessary.

"I'll protect my fellow younglings from monsters like you" the boy screamed.

"Oh, but I am no monster. I am a Pau'an. Jedi Master Taid Milidit from Utapau, my dear youngling" Taid said and the boy stood back, shocked. He had probably misunderstood the master because of the lack of jedi robes.

"I am sorry, master Milidit" the boy said and bowed.

"Oh, it is quite allright, actually. we would need more brave boys like yourself. How old are you?"

"I am 7½, Master" the boy answered, standing proud infront of the man.

"Well, wouldn't it be time for you to get yourself a master soon?" the Pau'an master asked.

"Uh... Yes, master" the falleen youngling answered with a sudden amazement in his eyes.

"How about following me around. I'm in need of a padawan learner" Taid proposed and recieved a bright look from the boy.

"Oh, master, I would be so grateful" the boy answered and hugged the master's feet, as he couldn't reach any higher.

"Allright, allright" Taid said and shook his new padawan learner off. "Meet me at the Garden of Peace in twenty minutes. Oh, yes. What is your name?"

"I am Ziro Daza, master" the boy answered and rushed off to get ready. Taid laughted lightly as the boy ran, then approached the rack of lightsabers. He checked that all was properly set and then gave a quick warning to the younglings.

"Do not touch the lightsabers without a permission from a Knight or a Master. We wouldn't want you to hack 'n' slash yourselves into spare limbs, now would we?" he said, smiled and left for the door

Moradin's eyes opened, filled with the sadness of 18 years. He had no master, and he will probably never get another one. No one wanted him. Even his master could barely put up with him.

He dropped down to the ground and sulked through the halls to go outside. He wandered a little in the Garden of Peace, but was eventually told to skat by a little 7 year old. He went back inside, confident that he would find no companionship. He headed back to the mess hall to eat. He was extremely tall, even taller than the self-righteous Taid. Seven foot tall was a lot to fill with food, and he was hungry.

-----------------------------

After engorging himself in food, he headed back to the sparring room, looking for a partner to engage in force battle. But, no one came.

Come now, you know me better than that, besides that boy had just spent a month in his meditative studies. Just thought I'd get back into the fighting mood myself. And you, I haven't seen you around much, or maybe we jsut meditate at different times. Iylos said through the force.

Archived