Home

Remnants: The Last Jedi

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Moradin jumped up from where he sat and said, "It's all my fault, it's all my fault that my master was killed. Me and my sissy self was afraid to do anything to help my master. He was slaughtered in front of me. Goddammit! It's all my fault."

Iylos ran at incredible speeds, he was deep in the bush now. The he stopped. He was there. He stood there on the edge of a cliff over looking the most beautiful thing he'd seen. He looked over a huge forest with a river running through it, all in a thick mist just as the sun was setting. he sat down and took in the sight and meditated on it.

"Morridin, I know what it is like to be feeling what you feel, but you must remember one thing. It is not your fault that your Master died. The blame rests with whoever killed him, not with you." A tear appeared in Arkai's eye as he went on, "I saw my padawan learner cut down by clones in the Temple. He stood no chance against them, I couldn't help him because I was too busy defending myself. I was charged with his protection, I promised his family when I found him that he would go unharmed while I taught him. It is a terrible burden to lose those who are close to you, but in time we must move on, for we are the Jedi, we are tasked with the protection of the galaxy and the service of the light. Such is our honour. Such is our doom."

Jedi Master Taid walked with his padawan throught another corridor. They had gathered already most of the future council. The healer, the gatekeeper and the meditation trainer. So they walked into the archives to try and find the librarian. The padawan noticed Assala and Malia. The young boy tugged the clothes of his master and pointed at the female couple with a smile.

"Go ahead..." Taid said and patted the back of the boy. The falleen padawan ran to Assala and practically jumped to sit on a chair next to the jedi knight.

"Excuse me, master... Can I play with Malia for a while?" the boy asked and smiled sweetly, unknowingly raising his pheromone level.

In the meantime, the Pau'an jedi master left to seek the librarian. So he walked past many rows of data until a man in golden robes walked to him.

"Can I help you" the librarian asked and Taid smiled. So started the wooing of the last original member of the new council

Assala smiled, noticing the boy's increased pheromone level immediately. "If she wants to, I don't see a problem with it," she said. Malia nodded and joined the boy. Assala watched them go, a smile on her face and returned to her work.

Iylos meditated there, then twitching he got up, swung aroudn and ignited his saber.

"You were always one to ignite first then talk."

"Sorry master, I wasn't expecting to see you." Iylos said to the ghost of his master.

"Yes you were, why else would you come here?"

"Point taken."

"The order is being re-created it seems."

"Yes, it does seem to be." Iylos said with sadness.

"You do not approve?"

"Not that I don't approve, its jsut that our temple, our lifestlye, our younger generation of jedi is all in great danger?"

"And what does the force tell you?"

"That we will all die."

"What does your heart tell you?"

"That the jedi will live to create peace in the galaxy once again."

"Whether is costs the lives of fugitive jedi or not."

"Yes..."

It took only a minute fore Taid to explain the situation and another minute for the librarian to answer. The men laughted together and agreed that the first meeting of the council wil take place in the Gardens in 20 minutes. He then left for the archives door, seeing a pair of children, his and Assala's padawan, rush down the corridor with big smiled on their faces. He could sence the boy's pheromone level increase as he got excited. He would have to teach him to control his pheromones so problems with females wouldn't ensue later in life. The children together seemedrather cute, tho'.

Taid walked to Assala and sat down next to her, chuckling. The chuckle by a Pau'an could be taken as something evil unless a bright light of joy would've been shining in Taid's eyes.

"They're so cute together" the jedi master chuckled and then turned to the jedi knight next to himself.

"So, how's the research going? Got a plan yet?" he asked while pushing a buttonon te screen infront of himself. The map of the planet was revealed

Assala smiled and tapped twenty different locations on Taid's screen. "The more we split up, the more they have to. These twenty locations are the ones I've found so far where we'd have an advantage, a higher chance of being able to ambush them." She tapped six more locations. "These six places naturally mask our Force sensitivity. For that reason, I feel they'd be more likely to be checked, so we should avoid them and concentrate on training as many as we can to be our 'Force sensitivity cloaks'."

She sighed. "Other than that, I have found several thousand mentions of guerilla warfare. They tell me one thing above all; there will be heavy losses. In fact, there may be a very few survivors. But if we are to die, I feel we ought to be fighting those that beat us down."

"The more we split up, the more they split up, but the more we split up the more qeaker we become" the Pau'an said and shook his head slightly.

"How about if we use their tactics against them. They'll be checking the natural force cloaks first after the temple, so if we ambush them in the temple and in these six spots, we could have them better than in these other places. If we start a rapid training of the younglings in lightsaber skills, they could put up to the troops with the help of a knight and a couple of padawans. There's one entrance to the temple they will know abut if they do a scan, and we can easily block that route after the stormtroopers are in" he said and pushed a button or two, zooming in on the blueprints of the temple. He pointed at the most obvious way into the temple.

"If they do it the same way than the last time, they'll come throught here and then divide into large groups to hunt everyone down that's inside. If some of us make our exit throught these side doors and then block them, the troopers won't have any routes inside or outside than the main entrance. The soldiers coming here to defend this place can defeat the troops as they start coming out of the temple. If we time it right, the troops will turn back to the entrance before they can check the whole structure. When the fight starts at the main entrance, the jedi which will be hiding in the building can then reveal themselves and attack Vader's Fist from behind and sides, knowing every single way throught the building and so can lose and ambush chasing troops on the narrow corridors. When we beat the troops here, it'll be too late for those troops checking the force cloaks to come to the temple and by the time they get here, we have vanished into hiding. If they manage to fall for the plan another time, we will make use of it" Taid said, turning to see the knight. He didn't want to dictate what the plans should be, but he threw in the idea he had

"Very good ideas," Assala agreed. "Another option, which I'm not sure any of us really would enjoy doing, would be to lead the troops into the temple, get as many of them in here as we possibly could and then collapsing the structure on them. Chances are it would leave us with a far lesser number to deal with. Then, we could ambush them in these six points, as you suggested."

"Yes... Quite true. Get reports for these strategies if you can come up with any others, for those too. The council shall wait for a full report tomorrow morning" he said and smiled. The master bowed his head and left for the door beforecalling out for his padawan that was running around with Malia. The falleen boy came to him, exhausted and panting heavily. The padawan still waved goodbye to his girl friend before they left the archives and headed for the gardens. Taid informed Arkai also of the situation and about the new council's meeting in the garden in just a couple of minutes from now

In response to Taid's summons in the Force, Arkai responded that he would do his best to be there on time, but that he felt that helping Morridin was more important for now. After all, apart from anything else, it was his job in the Temple. Yes, the first meeting of the new council was important, but the duty of a Jedi was even more so.

((Now that's just sad, Royal. You don't use emoticons when roleplaying. Especially you don't use them if you don't know how. The class of roleplaying on this board is diminishing from when I started here))

Taid walked into the garden, greeted by many, but some were still not there. Master Arkai was not there yet, but there still was some time. The intrductions started, even thought most knew who the others were. The masters took their seats from benches set in the garden while waiting for Arkai

Arkai called after Morridin as he left, "I cannot help you if you will not let me Morridin. I must go to the council now, but if you ever want to talk, just come and find me."

He then got up and left to meet the council. By the time he got there, the other council members had already arrived and were sitting talking.

"Hello there." Arkai called in a friendly voice. "Sorry I'm late, I was... talking with a student."

Taid nodded and waited until Arkai sat down. He then smiled an started to speak, presuming at least for now the position of the leader of the council.

"We can start the very first meeting of the New Council. First, I would like to mention that I have briefed everyone on the situation about Tarkin. Second, I must ask the council members to remember I am not democratically chosen leader of this council, so if you ever want me to step down and hold an election, please do so, but for now as the oldest member, I shall hold the position" he said and sat back slightly.

"As the first issue to attend to, I would like to bring out the name of our order. We are Jedi, but if we change it and claim this planet as ours, Tarkin might take a peaceful route instead of attacking right away. I propose the renaming of this academy for a yet undetermined time" Taid said, looking around

((Curt, didn't you have somebody yelling at you constantly for stuff like that? When you first came on, that is :D ))

Assala looked up at Iylos and smiled slightly. "It's coming well enough, I suppose," she answered. She sighed and closed her eyes for a moment. "While we were growing up in the Jedi Order, I never thought for once that I'd be planning guerilla warfare."

Archived