Home

Shadow Force: Praesitlyn Campaign

Here’s the first scenario:

Shadow Force has been tasked with landing in the barren deserts of Praesitlyn in order to infiltrate a CIS laboratory that is developing a poisonous gas, intended to kill clones. (Sound familiar?) The drop ship is on its way to the drop-off point. Shadow Force waits inside, coming up with a plan from what little intel they have.

This is the first objective:

Travel through desert canyons and valleys to get to the city wall. Once there, blow through the barrier into the town. Secure the area and wait for the signal to continue.

Here’s the topography:

The Drop-off point (DOP) is located in a small dip in the ground. One canyon leads from the DOP to a large valley (LV). There is a command post in the middle of the LV. It is called the LVCP. One canyon leads away from the target barrier (TB). Two canyons lead towards it. There are many small canyons and caves that were unable to be verified by long-range reconnaissance. After the two main canyons leading to the TB there is another Large Valley (TBLV). This is where the TB is located.

Here’s the resistance:

There are major fortifications in the LVCP. Turrets cover LVCP. Random turrets cover major canyons. Major droid fortifications are around the TB and are scattered among the TBLV. Droid patrols cover general battlefield. Trandosians are scattered among the small canyons and caves in ambush positions. Droid sniper units are placed on random mesas.

(If you did not completely understand this, just play along and make stuff up. It doesn’t really matter; the basic idea is that we’re fighting in desert canyons.)

Here are our resources:

1.Any weapons you have chosen to bring along

2.Any standard commando gear, such as med packs and grappling hooks

3.Each squad has one E-Web Repeating Blaster Turret

4.Air support is limited to one gunship

Adaptations can be made.

This is where we come up with a plan using the description of the battlefield. Post what you think would be the best way to go about getting to the TB. Then we’ll come up with a final draft and execute it. (If you want to just get to the action we can just land on the planet and go with the flow.)

If anybody wishes to join checkout "Shadow Force: Recruiting" at http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=164661. If anybody wishes to join the CIS or Trandosians, go ahead. Just give us basic information like name, faction, and weapons. Whatever you want. You can also sign up at the website above.

Another note: This is also pretty much a copy of the RPG that I made in the BF section. Unfortunatly, that place is just about "dead" so I thought that I'd move it to this section. Is that okay? Anyway, nobody has signed up yet in the recruitment thread, so if this is just a bad idea feel free to tell me. I'll understand. I don't have much RPing experience yet.

“Any suggestions?” Niner asked Shadow Force. “It’s not impossible, not for Shadow Force at least."

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Niner looked out the opening in the side of the LAAT/I Gunship. He could see the target barrier and the valleys in which they would travel through. Niner pulled out his holomap and matched up the landforms. The LVCP looked uninhabited from his point in the gunship, but Niner knew better. Once they were spotted the whole canyon system would be crawling with droids. He then looked over at his squad expectantly.

"Let's scale the canyon walls until we get to the LV. We'll set up snipers where we can and the rest of us will dodge our way to the LVCP. We'll provide cover for our snipers to cross and then somehow breach the facility. Once we get that far, we can secure the LVCP and use a turret or two to cover for the the rest of us who'll head to the TBLV. We can rendezvous with the one or two people who man the turrets at the top of the canyon around the TBLV. From there, we'll fight our way to the top of the target barrier, drop down, set the charge, stand back and watch the fireworks," Niner suggested. "Something like that?"

"This is Advisor Zarlak, come in RC-1270. What is your situation?" Said a voice through the com.

-------

Darth Caos entered a medium size controll center inside the sepertists research base. There was plenty of controll panels and behind each, there was a tech droid. On the obversation platform a rather large trandosians.

"Status!?" Requested Caos

"We have intruders. They have been confronted by droids but the intruders are killing them faster than podracers in the grand final. Why do the CIS give us those perfectic mechs when they have mercs like us?" Reported the large trandosian commander.

"Because they're idiots. Now remenber, I don't want any merc leaving this building. Is that clear?"

"Yes sir. Those stupid clones wouldn't get there hands on the gas." said the commander proudly.

"I don't care about the god damm gas. Just make sure those fools don't even hear the name Project 212. Or else you shall suffer the worst pain any trandosian can ever recieve!"

"If it makes sense with the Advisor, then sure," Niner said, jumping off the gunship and running behind a rock for cover. "Hey Advisor, we've just touched down. There are a few hostiles in the area. We've got it under control."

(Revanscool, are you talking about the LVCP? The command post located in the center of the valley up ahead?)

"We have you on satelight imagary but that wouldn't last long. The factories have began releasing alot of smoke and will soon cover the LV. We're sending an area map to you via com. We have report of a small trandosian outpost in the caves. Find it and capture the computer terminal. We believe it to have codes that will give us easy acesse to the main facillity. That is your current order"

"Roger that, Advisor. Alpha Squad, form up," Niner commanded. "We've got to find that Trando cave and capture the computer terminal." Niner peered out over the rock. One last droid walked out from behind a rock. Niner shot it with his DC-17. "Ready?"

Archived