Home

umm Making pieces move rt left and skip over other pieces

LordFrodo

im trying to make a map that has pieces of a game that the user can decide wat they do move right or left. etc.... bakc right or foward right.. too, i dont know if i need to actually code, or it theres another way, give any ideas if you need to.

If I think about it I am sure it could be done with JUST scripting, but it would require ALOT of scripts and quite alot of trigger brushes and activate/deactivates in the map itself. I cant really begin to tell you how to do it, but I would suggest that you start off with only a single object and get it to move exactly like you want to. THEN once you have done that just duplicate the process for a second piece and try it out to make sure there are no conflicts and once you get them both working you should be able to easily copy the process for as many as you want.

i really dont like all the complex scripting stuff they use for jka though. i would much prefer a scripting system like ET or even internal with key/value pairs. even q4 is nicer to work with for scripting but i havent even figured it out yet

Archived