Home

How did it come to this? :(

parasiticz

In JK2, people knew what FFA was, and played it... in JK3,

not so much...

I went in "OSF Forrest Moon of Endor" today to see how the

newbies are living, and some idiot hit me with a DFA and

started bragging, so I said "1v1 on a base server?" and he

agreed. I told him to go to Refresh, and I went there and waited.

When he didn't show up, I went back to OSF, and he said that

he didn't understand what "base server" means...

I explained that a base server, means one with default settings.

I told him to come to Refresh, and told him the password.

He showed up and well... here's the condump:

[DWJ]^DarkJawa[CDJ] connected

]\model lando

]\exec demo

execing demo

^NeloAngel entered the game

]\exec ghetto

execing ghetto

Padawan renamed to ^ghettoagentZed

^NeloAngel: okey

recording to demos/demo01.dm_26.

Changes to your force power settings will take effect the next time you respawn.

^ghettoagentZed killed himself

]\callvote map_restart

^ghettoagentZed called a vote

^ghettoagentZed: lets do it

Vote passed.

^ghettoagentZed entered the game

^NeloAngel entered the game

Obtained Thermal Detonator

Obtained Thermal Detonator

Obtained Metallic Bolt Ammo

Obtained Blaster Pack Ammo

Obtained Detonation Packs

Obtained Merr-Sonn PLX-2M Portable Missile System

Obtained Power Cell Ammo

Obtained Power Cell Ammo

Obtained Rocket Ammo

^NeloAngel: hmm?

^NeloAngel was rocketed by ^ghettoagentZed

^ghettoagentZed: ?

^ghettoagentZed: what?

^NeloAngel: no special weapons etc?.. what was that about lol..

Obtained Small Shield Booster

^NeloAngel: i thoguht we were talking bout saber dueling.. lol

^ghettoagentZed: this is BASE settings, the game the way the developers intended it be played.

^NeloAngel: oh, never knew that. Nvm then, though we were goin FFA

^ghettoagentZed: the way it comes out of the box

^ghettoagentZed: this IS ffa

^NeloAngel: dueling --'

^ghettoagentZed: why limit yourself to 1 of a dozen weapons?

^NeloAngel: okey, i already know i better than u in saber fights. Nvm then, Later.

^NeloAngel: cause other wewapons take no skill

^ghettoagentZed: actually I'd own you with a saber too

^NeloAngel: saber is the only weapon u need skills with

^NeloAngel: id like to see that

^ghettoagentZed: actually, you are wrong... it takes TONS of skill when you fight with the guns you need to judge speed, angle, distance

^NeloAngel: lol

^NeloAngel: not really

^NeloAngel: shoot at the person

^ghettoagentZed: saber you just need to know button combos

^NeloAngel: no

^NeloAngel: lol u need to know timings etc

^ghettoagentZed: same with guns

^NeloAngel: lol no

^NeloAngel: u just shoot the person

^ghettoagentZed: and you need to judge speed of yourself, and the person you are shooting.

^NeloAngel: .. speed of urself..

^ghettoagentZed: so if its so easy, midair me...

^ghettoagentZed: ill jump around, hit me midair with pistol

^NeloAngel: il masturbate and leak my spurm, you catch it with your mouth. Im better at saber. Conversation Over.

^NeloAngel disconnected

]\condump hahahosfnewbie1v1.txt

Dumped console text to hahahosfnewbie1v1.txt.

I guess "base ffa" now means saber only honor code multi-duel

and rocket is a "special weapon." What ever happened to a good

old fashioned FFA ass whoopin? :(

I miss the good old days before JA+ honor noobs took over. :'(

This is why I want to make a clan centered around all-out brawl FFA. Just be glad he didn't whine about laming, it's really annoying and stupid, since imo, it's your own fault for letting your saber down in a no holds-barred killfest.

Just a tip, you can use a program called "Quake Chat" to filter out all but the chat messages from a log file. But still funny. ;)

If you host Siege, you'll get tons of people. Anything else is a gamble. But I recommend using OJP Basic, so you can have bots with random names and fake pings, that will trick people into thinking your server is full and attract a crowd. The more generic your server is the less chance people will be interested.

We need more servers that are low on "Rules" and high on fun, with everything enabled (all weapons, force, etc). Team and CTF as well as Siege!

Plus OJP let's you use JM, Holocron, and CTY (though everyone seems to hate CTY because they can't be a glory hound and capture the flag all by themselves I guess) in JA.

no need for ojp. we run the mod that i made sry. which has most ojp bugfixes and more. also has rgb sab and trueview. and we have jm, ill prolly add holo and cty in the future, just no time atm, jm was the easiest and u dont need client to play it.

I can't help but think you're both being ignorant. Some people enjoy playing saber only as this is really the only online game where you can use the saber system. I enjoy fighting others with saber only, in an FFA without someone shooting a rocket in to the middle. That being said, on the servers I play on if anyone decided to DFA.. they've be quickly picked off by the others. I enjoy saber only, but I also enjoy using guns for siege and CTF.

FFA is free for all, it doesn't say anything about how the game is shipped or whether it's saber only. If he wanted a duel, you should have just given him a saber only duel and beaten him :p

JA+ sucks though.. new moves, grapple hooks and chatbox protect. Jesus christ, whoever made that mod deserves to be shot.

If you host Siege, you'll get tons of people. Anything else is a gamble. But I recommend using OJP Basic, so you can have bots with random names and fake pings, that will trick people into thinking your server is full and attract a crowd.

OJP is a nice mod, but EnsiMod has some nice features and bug fixes that OJP doesn't. It has pinging bots too. I'm very happy with it and don't intend on switching any time soon. As for siege, I know it's very popular and I've long considered adding one to the rotation, but I hate it with a passion.

I can't help but think you're both being ignorant. Some people enjoy playing saber only as this is really the only online game where you can use the saber system. I enjoy fighting others with saber only, in an FFA without someone shooting a rocket in to the middle.

I'm not knocking people who like saber only... I'm knocking people who go in guns servers and call me a "noob" or a "fag" for using them, and people who think FFA means you should just stand around and chat and wait for a duel... because it doesn't.

:smash:

Please prove your point, otherwise your post is just stupid. If it's because of the topic matter, please be aware that the rules on the loading screen for FFA clearly states to kill everyone else, whilst most servers have people who ignore those standard rules and treat it like a 3D chat room. Or if it's because of guns being "n00b" or something, why is it that the things are scattered around every default map (Except default duel maps, but a pistol makes well suit for a draw one-hit-kill game) and that most npcs in singleplayer love em? Or if you say that because you think that laming is a bannable offense, how about you stop treating the server like a chat room or just stand there with chat on thinking most people aren't "n00bs" and as such, won't kill you for your idiocy, and start sabering/shooting/blowing up/force pushing\choking people off ledges/flying at someone then getting out so as to not die/throwing people off ledges with melee (If enabled)/not sucking in general. If you just decided to make some people angry and ready to lose (Or win, which by your behaviour, is probably the most likely), nobody here feels like it, since your cockyness just makes em laugh. Or if your response is none of the above, say it, since when does only saying "all of you are still underling gamers" prove a point? And if you just mean't that as sarcasm, sorry for any flames I might have let slip accidentally above.

Oh, and anyone want to have an FFA with no restrictions in OJP Enhanced? Just tell me, and we might get set up.

and this is coming from someone who likes to sit around waiting to duel someone in a Free For All server? i dont care what the server says, the gametype says it all. you may call it ignorance we just don't care for people who like saber ffa and whine about guns as much as we do for people who like guns and play ctf and usually pug. go change your favorite mod and play in the duel gametype and leave ffa the way it was meant to be and leave ctf they way it was meant to be. 100% full weapons and force. None of this saber only bullcrap or disable rockets like the OSF CTF server.

/end rant

Archived