Home

Star Wars Battlefront or Battlefront II?

MachineCult

SWBF1 or SWBF2?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. SWBF1 or SWBF2?

• Battlefront 1
    • Battlefront 2

Which game is better? or which do you personally prefer playing?

Star Wars Battlefront is the original, non-fanboy game based on infantry battles and not Jedi, heroes and awards.

Star Wars Battlefront II has the Episode III planets, Heroes, Space battles and the new cool Ep3 Clones.

I personally don't know which is my favourite, if I want a fast, flashy battle with Jedi i'll play SWBF2, if I want to play the game as it was originally intended, a 3rd person Star Wars game based loosely on Battlefield, I will of course play SWBF1.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm going to have to say SWBFII, I think it's a major improvement from SWBFI.

Unfortunetly it seems for every improvement there's some pesky detail you wish they hadn't meddled with, or somthing that just didn't live up to expactations. So there are cases where I'll whip out swbf1, just to remember how things were.

damm, i dont really have a favourite. BF1 is the original material, and originality is always a good thing. But BF2 has the jedi, sprint, awards etc. although i do only really play it for the heroe matches and space battles. but, BF1 is a lot less laggy on live, som im gonna have to go with 1....

I say Battlefront. Because I think the controls, the maps, the graphics and the multiplayer are better. The Jedi in Battlefront 2 makes the multiplayer bad. I mean when you slay a bunch of guys and finally captureing a command post and poof a Jedi shows up. He slays you and you can start all over again. Also the way of throwing grenades in Battlefront is better than in 2 (I think). The fighters on the other hand and the space battles make Battlefront 2 better... But Battlefront stays my favourite and I know a lot of guys who think the same as me.

P.s. I hope that Battlefront 3 is gonna be the right mix between Battlefront and Battlefront 2 with something extra.

I don't think that I can vote. They both had thier pluses and minuses. I just can't decide. However, I'm playing BF2 now and not BF1. Of course I just got BF2 in November and I've been playing BF1 from January 2005 to November. I like them both.

Aww, why is there no 'Both' option? :(

I like them both. Battlefront II had a ton of nice new features, but I felt they pretty much nixed the Episode II clones. Battlefront I was awesome in that it had some memorable maps and battles, but Battlefront II left out aircraft on the ground, and where was Bespin and Rhen Var (The Xbox "expansion" doesn't count for obvious reasons. :rolleyes: )? If there is ever a Battlefront III, hopefully it will incorporate features from I and II, but also a heckload of new things to keep us gamers happy. :)

I have trouble deciding as well. Each has it's ups and downs.

SWBF was generally buggier, sniper AI didn't try to shoot the player at long distances, and you had to jog/roll across these really huge maps if you didn't have a jetpack. On the other hand, you had prone, longer battles, more squad commands, more bots on the battlefield (I think), battles that were more difficult to win, and had a more immersive experience. The game was basically set in such a way that it felt like you were actually fighting alongside your chosen faction.

SWBF2 is way too fast-paced, feels cartoonish, lacks the ability to go prone, has less squad commands, heroes are easy to access, and Jedi specifically are unbalanced against the rest of the game. However, we also get nice new graphics, space combat, sprinting, slightly better AI, new units, and new game modes.

I didn't list every little detail that I've noticed, but that's about the jist of it. So, it's a toss-up.

redtech has got a point there. BF2 does seem to be a bit faster, if you know what i mean? the spam against enemies is ridiculous. 10 hits (exagerated)with a blaster rifle to kill an armourless sniper? pah.

I'm glad you were exaggerating. I've been able to kill them with like three well placed shots from a blaster rifle, but I agree with you. Especially with pistols. I'll be shooting someone for a minute and have their health down to a sliver when a sniper runs up behind me and shoots me. Of course the AI doesn't need an aiming recticle to be accurate at short range.

That's because the weapons are "artificially" inaccurate after continued firing. I prefer the BF1 method where they were pretty spot-on, unless the clip was almost empty. Otherwise it's back to 1-3 shot bursts, which sucks as with skilled dodgers, the shots may miss anyway due to the slow projectile speed.

SWBF I hands down. Anyone who says the AI is better in #2 needs to get their heads checked, then go play Theed and watch the stupid AI run in the same stupid corner every match. The only real improvements in #2 are being able to switch units (or species) at a command post and sprint. Jedi are ment for Jedi hack-and-slash, not teambased FPS; the EP. III maps I can safely say suck, they new game modes where half-hearted, we still don'thave decent physics, and I'm still waiting to see the 'improved' graphics.

I like 2 better, but what I miss from the first one is that you didnt have to keep all these save files for the campaign; each planet came available and you could go back and play whichever you wanted to

Thats a point, Battlefront 2 was meant to be an upgrade, and it would have been an excellent one but they got rid of all the best aspects of the first game.

i never play xbox live so i go with 2 because of the better story, more extras, space battles, better graphics and playable jedi that are not seemingly invincible like in the first.

Uh... SWBF: II doesn't have any extras...

Archived