Home

Star Wars Battlefront or Battlefront II?

MachineCult

SWBF1 or SWBF2?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. SWBF1 or SWBF2?

• Battlefront 1
    • Battlefront 2

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Cockpit view in the Droid Gunship that appeared to have undergone an extreme makeover in BF2... That thing was so ace on the Kashyyyk Islands map, hovering in the sky, looking through the porthole and blasting some fur... (drifts into sadistic daydream)

This is one I am not sure of. In some ways, I like Battlefront II more due to the fact of being able to play as some of my favorite villians or heroes, yet I like some of the aspects of Battlefront such as simply playing as the CloneTroopers from the beginning.

• 2 weeks later...

i reckon that 2 is better... because of the new additions... space battles, new maps, playable heroes, etc... but i think that all the maps from the original should have been included... also the game was very limiting... there should have been more maps, more campaign, more units, etc...

I really prefer the original Battlefront I. I can't explain how, but it captured a feel that you really where a soldier on a battlefield, that Battlefront II isn't able to capture. The fact that you can't prone anymore also plays a big part into that, and SWBFI has some wierd blurry look, but SWBFII has really crisp textures compared to SWBFI, but doesn't have better graphics, so I consider the SWBFI way better than SWBFII, because of the prone function, the "soldier feel", the Bespin maps and the original Endor, Hoth and Geonosis map and the lack of Jedi.

there should have been more maps, more campaign, more units, etc...

Yea, but after looking trought the Shell assets, I found remains of a SECOND campaign, and I also found that Bespin has been dropped maybe a month before release, because everything was set up, including the LUA's, unlike Rhen Var, that was dropped early looking at the description of it and because the LUA's are still "classic" SWBFI style.

Archived