Home

I got blindsided in my van today...

Nitro

Not literally, though... Read on to see what I mean.

I was out cruising with some friends, and we had a great time... Then I dropped everyone off... The last person I dropped off was this girl (who's dad OWNS a Hallmark store... Beat that, Nute smile.gif) named Gill (pronounced Jill) that I've been friends with for about a year now. I've never thought of Gill as anything more than a friend...

Anyway, when I put the van in park, she asked, "Ryan, can I try something?" I figured it was gonna be some stupid/funny/insane thing... Typical Gill... I said, "Sure."

Then she kissed me...

Not a peck on the lips... A real kiss... One of those ones that last like a minute and a half... The world just kinda faded around me.

When it was over, I was in shock... She had completly blindsided me. I wasn't mad or anything... I'm kinda happy now... But at the time all I could think was, "Whoa... Where did that come from?"

So here I am... Not even a week ago I was emotionally destroyed, and now here I am falling into love again... And torn apart even worse than before... You see, I still love Terra (the girl who couldn't date me cause she was seeing someone else). I have to decide between keeping myself open for the girl I love more than anything else in the world, and risk losing my friendship with Gill, or dating a girl I really, really, really, really like, and risk losing any chance of being with the girl I love most.

So here I am... I must be the only single guy in the world who can have a beautiful girl throw herself a him and not instantly be swayed to her side.

Life still blows... I'm just not sure if it blows more or blows less.

------------------

nitrologo.gif

nitro.gif Ryan "Nitro" Cole nitro.gif - The man who can fly anything with wings... And some things without...

"If they could get a washing machine to fly, our Nitro could land it!"

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PS: Billy or Sanchez... You know who you are... If you read this, don't mention a word of it to anyone. Thanks.

------------------

nitrologo.gif

nitro.gif Ryan "Nitro" Cole nitro.gif - The man who can fly anything with wings... And some things without...

I wouldn't worry about losing a friendship. As terrible as it sounds, I don't believe that a man and a woman can have a truly platonic relationship. There will always be sexual tension (with a few possible exceptions, mind you). Further, I think that if you are married or involved with someone, it is immoral and quite insensitive to your wife/girlfriend to have a close relationship with another woman. (The same goes for women.) This means that your "just friends" relationship with this girl is going to end at some point, regardless of what you do. So, you might as well just pick which girl you like better and go with that. On a personal note, if this girl kissed me and we weren't even dating, I'd stay away from her. That's a bit too forward for me, even if she did ask. But if that's what you like in girls, then maybe she's just what you're looking for.

Gill and I were platonic friends... I never even considered her as a possible target... And I like Terra better... But she's seeing someone else, and it's going pretty good at the moment, and I love her so much that I'd rather her be happy then be with me. They'll break up eventually, but I don't feel like staying single for the years it might take...

------------------

nitrologo.gif

Wait wait wait...let me see if I have this straight...a girl kissed you for like a minute, and you're acting like it's a problem?

------------------

You're supposed to be dumpster-diving for ham scraps, you six-piece chicken McNobody!

Official forum Psychic

Ok, let me rephrase that... As far as I was concerned we were... Like I said, having her as more than a friend never even crossed my mind until last night...

------------------

nitrologo.gif

[This message has been edited by Nitro (edited August 30, 2001).]

Yeah... Well, I'll let you know if I get in any car crashes...

------------------

nitrologo.gif

Originally posted by Nitro:

Ok, let me rephrase that... As far as I was concerned we were... Like I said, having her as more than a friend never even crossed my mind until last night...

Nevertheless, your relationship is changed forever as it is. A kiss is not something to be simply brushed off. If I were you, I seriously wouldn't worry about ruining your friendship with her. Maybe if you try dating her, you'll find you like her more than you ever thought possible before.

I know things are changed forever... I know I'll never be able to think of her the same way again... I decided to go out with her, and see what happens...

------------------

nitrologo.gif

Nitrous, from my perspective, what i have learned about love is that it hits you when you least expect it. you may love Terra more than anything right now...but who knows, maybe Gill is your secret penguin! so i'm glad you're giving it a shot smile.gif

------------------

If you live to be a hundred, i hope i live to be a hundred minus one so i never have to live without you!

SkirtPower@hotmail.com

Official Forum Chick

Thanks, Drommie... That little penguin analogy captured this Linux baby's heart... And solidified my choice.

------------------

nitrologo.gif

The top 5 things to do in any relationship:

1. Date her.

2. Screw her.

3. Take her money.

4. Dump her.

5. Repeat steps 1-4 with another girlfriend.

(If you cant do spep 2, go to step 3. Thats the important part. Thats what I do too.)

[This message has been edited by JR2000Z (edited August 31, 2001).]

Archived