Home

The Sith Lord

The only other forum that I'm a part of is CameraHacking.com, lol. (I like to hack cameras.) There I only have a few posts. (I don't know much about it. :D)

EDIT: Sorry for the offtopicness, lol.

It's okay. Many people talk offtopic in CEC Fanfics and Arts. What good would Camera hacking do (Other than hacking Cameras). Isn't it against the law?

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure if it's against the law. I don't hink so. Recently, I've hacked a single use digital camera into a reuseable digital camera. This makes it so instead of having to pay twenty dollars for twenty five pictures you can reuse the twenty dollar camera over and over again, and not have to pay for prints.

I've also flipped a coin using a camera flash and made a repeating strobe. Stuff like that. I've also tried to make a nightvision camera, but the results have been fuzzy.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter VII

Reunion

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Malus and RedHawke returned to the Echo. It had been upgraded to a Super Star Destroyer. Now the Echo was the leading Star Destroyer, leading a legion of over one hundred Star Destroyers. Caos greeted Malus, but gave RedHawke a weird look.

“My lord who is your friend?” Caos asked.

“This is RedHawke,” Malus told Caos, “He was a spy for Desann and Tavion.”

“I have pledged my service to Lord Malus,” RedHawke told Caos, “Now if you don’t mind, I shall get settled into my new home.”

RedHawke left, while Malus made his way to the throne room of the Echo. Caos followed him.

“My lord, I can’t trust him.” Caos told Malus.

“Nor can I,” Malus told Caos, “But anyone who swears their allegiance to me may prove useful. Like you. If I had no use for you, I would have killed you the first time I met you. Now I want to hear no more about RedHawke.”

“Yes my lord.” Caos said.

“I need to return to Yavin IV and tell Luke about what has happened so far.” Kyle told Jan.

“Okay.” Jan said.

Kyle pressed a button to enter hyperspace.

Immediately after exiting hyperspace, Kyle and Jan noticed a legion of over one hundred Star Destroyers, led by a Super Star Destroyer ahead.

“Oh my god.” Kyle muttered.

“Shall we turn back?” Jan asked.

“No,” Kyle told her, “We can make it past this legion.”

Jan didn’t share Kyle’s enthusiasm.

“Trust me.” Kyle added.

As Kyle prepared to drive the Raven’s Claw, he was surprised that the Star Destroyers hadn’t tried to destroy them.

Officer Starkiller entered Malus’ throne room. He held a small datapad.

“My lord, a small ship is trying to pass our legion,” He told Malus, “Would you like us to shoot it down.”

Malus snatched the datapad off Officer Starkiller. He took a look at the datapad. It showed a ship, he hadn’t seen for a while. He threw it back to Officer Starkiller.

“No,” Malus told Officer Starkiller, “Put a tractor beam on it and tell the Stormtroopers to set their guns on stun.”

“Yes my lord.” Officer Starkiller said.

He was about to leave, when Malus stopped him.

“Oh and tell Caos to greet our guests, if they don’t prove hostile.” Malus added.

“Yes my lord.” Officer Starkiller said.

Kyle felt the dark side on the Star Destroyers, as he drove the Raven’s Claw, trying to avoid them. Suddenly, both Kyle and Jan heard the noise of a tractor beam, locking onto the Raven’s Claw. Both Kyle and Jan knew they couldn’t break free from the tractor beam.

Officer Starkiller returned to see Malus. Malus was eagerly waiting for his new visitors to arrive.

“How soon will the Raven’s Claw be here?” Malus asked.

“Soon enough my lord.” Officer Starkiller told Malus.

“Good,” Malus told Officer Starkiller, “I think our guests will be people I once knew.”

As the Raven’s Claw docked inside the Super Star Destroyer, Kyle and Jan waited in the Raven’s Claw. They heard a voice from the outside.

“You can come out of your ship!” A voice shouted, “For the moment you are guests, not our enemies.”

Kyle prepared to get out of the Raven’s Claw.

“What are you doing?” Jan asked, “How can you even trust them?”

“Trust my judgement Jan,” Kyle told her, “If Jaden is here, I must know.”

Maybe that is why we haven’t been killed yet, Kyle thought. Kyle got out of the Raven’s Claw first, then Jan got out. An army of Stormtroopers greeted them, along with a Sith. The Sith spoke.

“My name is Darth Caos, apprentice of Darth Malus, who you know as Jaden Korr, wants to keep you alive, for the moment.”

“Isn’t that nice of him.” Kyle told Caos.

“A little too nice I think.” Jan added.

“My Master has his ways,” Caos told them, “Now please follow me.”

Kyle and Jan decided it was the best action. They followed Caos, up several flights of staircases and Caos had led them to a cellblock.

“More hospitality?” Kyle asked sarcastically.

“Be grateful we didn’t shoot you out of the sky,” Caos told Kyle angrily, “Now go into your cell!”

"Touchy." Jan added.

Kyle and Jan went in. Considering it was a cell, it was quite large. It had two beds, a computer terminal and several lockers.

“My Master shall see you, when he feels like it.” Caos told Kyle and Jan.

The door shut behind them. Kyle collapsed onto one of the beds. Jan felt like doing the same.

“What do we do now?” Jan asked.

“I don’t know,” Kyle told her, “I would like to meet with Jaden again, then we can find the hangar controls and then we can escape.”

“Wouldn’t that be suicide?” Jan asked.

“Exactly.” Kyle told her.

Officer Starkiller was showing Malus the security footage of Kyle and Jan talking. How did Kyle survive? It seemed strange that he had survived the Malus’ attack several months ago. Why didn’t he also get another apprentice? That would've been the wisest thing to do.

“Tell Caos, that I request the meeting now.” Malus told Officer Starkiller, “I’m anxious to meet my Master again.”

Officer Starkiller wanted to ask why, but he followed his orders.

“As you wish my lord.” Officer Starkiller told Malus.

Kyle and Jan heard the door open. Caos was here.

“My Master wants to meet with you.” Caos told them.

“Finally.” Kyle muttered.

“Oh and my Master would appreciate it, if he you could call him Darth Malus,” Caos added, “He hates hearing his former name.”

Caos led Kyle and Jan to a large throne room. Like the hangar bay, it had an army of Stormtroopers. At the far end of the throne room, was a large black chair. That must be where Jaden sat, Kyle thought. Kyle and Jan noticed Jaden enter. He sure had changed since Kyle had fought him on Korriban. His old Jedi Robes were now replaced with dark black Robes. Jaden sat down. It was quiet for several minutes, until Kyle broke the silence.

“Hello Jaden.”

“Don’t ever call me that. I’m Darth Malus, Lord of the Sith!” Malus shouted.

“Please come back to the light,” Kyle told Malus, “Face up to what you’ve done. Luke and I can help you.”

“Don’t tell me Master Skywalker is still alive,” Malus sighed, “Couldn’t you and him die on Korriban.”

Kyle was shocked at what he was hearing. Jaden had fallen so far to speak of both him and Luke like this.

“I’m surprised you haven’t asked me how I survived.” Kyle told Malus.

“I have wondered how you survived,” Malus told Kyle, “But you surviving made sense. You always were strong in the Force. Kyle, join me and together we can destroy the Jedi and the Republic, then we can rule the Galaxy.”

“I’ll never join the dark side,” Kyle told Malus confidently, “The Sith killed my father, they manipulate…”

“More Jedi lies,” Malus sighed, “I knew you wouldn’t join me. Now because of this outrage, I shall kill both you and Jan.”

Malus ignited his red Lightsaber and leapt towards Kyle. Kyle immediately blocked the attack with his blue Lightsaber.

“Run Jan!” Kyle shouted, “Find the hangar controls! I’ll catch up with you!”

Jan did what he said and shot several Stormtroopers. She ran past the Stormtroopers and ran off. Kyle meanwhile fought with his former apprentice. Their Lightsabers clashed.

“You’ve become weaker Kyle,” Malus told him, “Perhaps the scepter did some damage to you.”

“Maybe, maybe not.” Kyle told Malus, breaking out of the Lightsaber lock.

Kyle ran away from Malus and ran off to find Jan. As soon as the door closed behind Kyle, Officer Starkiller came up next to Malus.

“What shall we do my lord?” He asked.

“Leave the Stormtroopers to kill them,” Malus told him, “If Kyle survives, then I shall fight him, once again.”

Jan was avoiding every Stormtrooper, to find the hangar controls. The Super Star Destroyer was large and there were many rooms. There were Stormtroopers everywhere. Jan opened a door and found the control room. She turned off the tractor beams and waited for Kyle.

Kyle ran down every corridor, killing many Stormtroopers on his way. He knew Malus would be behind, trying to find him. Kyle ran through a door to see Jan.

“Disabled the tractor beams?” He asked.

“Yes.” Jan told him.

“Then let’s go.” Kyle told her.

Jan ran in front, with Kyle behind, guarding her from any incoming shots from Stormtroopers. Occasionally, she fired at the Stormtroopers. After several minutes of running, they were approaching the hangar bay. The Stormtroopers were all dead. Kyle and Jan were about to leave, when Kyle sensed Malus behind him. Kyle blocked Malus’ Lightsaber.

“Jan! Prep the ship for takeoff!” Kyle told her, “I might a while.”

“You’re not going anywhere Kyle!” Malus shouted, “I shall turn you to the dark side!”

“Never!” Kyle shouted back.

Malus raised his Lightsaber and let it crash down onto Kyle. Malus’ Lightsaber cut Kyle’s right arm off. Kyle yelled in pain. He used the Force to pull his Lightsaber towards him. He ran back to the Raven’s Claw.

“Quick Jan, takeoff.” Kyle told her.

Jan took off and left the hangar. Kyle noticed the Star Destroyers all trying to shoot them down.

Luckily for Malus, he noticed a Tie Fighter. Malus got in it and prepared to find the Raven’s Claw.

The Star Destroyers stopped trying to shoot the Raven’s Claw.

“Well that was lucky.” Kyle said.

Both Kyle and Jan then felt a blaster shot on the ship.

“Or not.” Kyle added.

Kyle could sense Malus’ presence behind the ship. Malus kept shooting at the Raven’s Claw. Jan did some “fancy stuff” in the air, by dodging the shots from the Tie Fighter.

“Jump to hyperspace Jan!” Kyle shouted.

Jan pressed the button and they entered hyperspace. As the Raven’s Claw disappeared, Malus felt annoyed and returned to the Echo.

Stay tuned for Chapter VIII An Old Friend

Good chapter again.I'm guessing the Old Friend is Obi-Wan.And about that "Why Kyle didn't got another apprentice" stuff,The Force tells me Bavan will make a cameo.Or not.

It isn't Obi-Wan who is the "Old Friend". Bavan having a cameo, I didn't think of that. But it isn't him.

Good chapter Pottsie. I'm glad that you listen to the advice given to you. You are describing plots quite well. Keep it up.

Incidently a new diddy is up. :D

I know. Thanks for the advice. If it weren't for you, I wouldn't have put so much effort in my Fics.

This is also a great fic and an excellent parallel to the light-side fic. The quality has apparently improved within you and it's looking great so far. I also found the name Darth Malus amusing. It is a Latin word, meaning "bad" or "evil", the exact opposite of "bonus" meaning "good". Can be found in Malevolent, Malnutrition, Malpractice etc.

Whatever the case, it's a great fic over all and a rather enjoying read.

P.S. @ JK-DQ: Influence Gained: Several dozens of forums members. :);)

Chapter VIII

An Old Friend

The Raven’s Claw landed inside the Jedi Academy on Yavin IV. Kyle hadn’t been here for over a month. As he and Jan got out of the Raven’s Claw, Luke greeted them.

“Kyle, Jan, it’s good to see you again.”

“Same here?” Jan told him.

“What’s the story?” Kyle asked.

“Not much to tell I’m afraid,” Luke told Kyle, “Luckily I’ve recruited many Jedi to replace the ones who died on Korriban.”

“Okay,” Kyle told Luke, “Well I guess Jan and I should get settled in.”

“Wait Kyle, I need to talk to you,” Luke told Kyle, “In my chamber. We won’t be disturbed there.”

Luke led Kyle up to his chamber on the top floor. The last time Kyle was in Luke’s chamber was before he went to Taspir III with Jaden to find Rosh. Luke sat down on his mat.

“Kyle, I have an apprentice for you to train.” Luke told Kyle.

“Yeah, who?” Kyle asked.

“She is a young woman who has a lot of potential to become a Jedi Knight.” Luke told Kyle.

The large door behind them opened. A young Human female entered. She had long, silky, blonde hair and deep brown eyes. Her skin was tanned. She wore a black, ribbed jacket and brown trousers with black boots.

“This is Kiara Tann.” Luke told Kyle.

“It’s a pleasure to meet you.” Kiara told Kyle.

“Same here.” Kyle told her.

“Well it’s time for Kiara to be trained,” Luke told Kyle and Kiara, “Good luck and may the Force be with you.”

“Let’s begin with your first lessons,” Kyle told Kiara, “Follow me.”

Kyle led Kiara to the training ground, where Kyle once took his trial.

As soon as Kyle and Kiara arrived near the trial, Kyle opened a small hole.

“Get in.” Kyle told her.

“What?” She asked, wondering why Kyle had asked her to go through.

“Just go through,” Kyle told her, “Trust me.”

Kiara decided to listen to Kyle and went through the hole. Kiara was sliding down a small slope into a training room. Kiara knew what she was supposed to do. Here she would learn her basic Force powers.

It was late at night and Kiara was still in her trials. Luke would greet her as soon as she finished. Kyle felt tired and decided to rest. Jan had already gone to bed. As soon as Kyle got into bed, he drifted off into a deep sleep.

“Rosh.” Jaden said.

“Jaden.” Rosh said back.

“You don’t look like much of a captive Rosh,” Jaden said angrily, igniting his orange Lightsaber, “Did you dream this up? Or was it Tavion’s idea?”

”No Jaden wait, I was wrong,” Rosh told Jaden, “Please, take me back to the Academy, I need help.”

Jaden’s anger was rising and he was coming closer to Rosh. He felt like he could kill him.

“Jaden stay back,” Rosh warned, using the Force to push several boxes together, “Please don’t hurt me.”

“You tried to kill me and now you’ve lured me into a trap!” Jaden shouted at Rosh, using the Force to push the boxes.

“Jaden I was scared,” Rosh told Jaden, feeling scared himself, “You have to believe me, we’re friends remember? Let’s get out of here before Alora comes back.”

Jaden was having none of it. He leapt towards Rosh and raised his Lightsaber at him.

“How do I know you won’t betray you again?” Jaden asked, “You’re always trying to beat me. How do I know this isn’t another trick?”

Down below in the Taspir III facility, Kyle tried to contact with Jaden.

“Jaden don’t do it.”

Up above, Tavion’s apprentice, Alora tried to turn him to the dark side.

“Finish him Jedi!” She shouted.

Jaden listened to her and raised his Lightsaber at Rosh’s abdomen.

“Wait! Listen to what you’re saying!” Rosh shouted, “You’re angry. Don’t give into it. That leads to the dark side right?”

Jaden grabbed Rosh and pushed him onto a box. Jaden could hear Kyle’s words again.

“He only fell to the dark side because he was scared, afraid of dying, put away your saber.”

Jaden threw Rosh onto the floor.

“Strike him down! Give in to your anger!” Alora shouted.

“Jaden you’re better than that,” Kyle told Jaden, “Don’t give in to your anger, Rosh is telling the truth.”

Jaden felt really angry. So angry, he could kill Rosh, Alora, Tavion and Kyle all at the same time. This must be what the dark side felt like. Jaden loved it. Having power that he had never had before and scaring people. He decided to kill Rosh. He raised his Lightsaber and brought it down onto Rosh’s shoulder. Rosh yelled out in pain and staggered to the door. Jaden picked him up again.

“Jaden no, let go of your anger.” Rosh pleaded.

“Why should I?” Jaden asked angrily, “You yourself said how powerful the dark side was.”

“I was wrong.” Rosh told Jaden.

“No you were weak.” Jaden told Rosh angrily.

“Jaden no!” Rosh pleaded.

Jaden pushed his Lightsaber into Rosh’s abdomen. Rosh yelled in pain. Jaden let Rosh collapse onto the floor.

“Well done Jedi,” Alora told Jaden, “Join us and together with Marka Ragnos as our Master, we can destroy the Jedi and serve him.”

“Join you!” Jaden shouted angrily, “Why should I trade one Master for another? The scepter is too powerful to be in the hands of someone as weak as Tavion. If anything it should belong to me!”

“Oh you think so?” Alora asked laughing.

“You on the other hand are useless,” Jaden told her, “I should have killed you on Hoth.”

“You won’t get a second chance,” Alora told Jaden, “Tavion has taught me much since then.”

Alora shot a small bolt of Lightning at Jaden. Jaden and Alora fought for several minutes. By the time Kyle got there, Alora had been killed and Jaden had left for Korriban to kill Tavion.

“Rosh!” Kyle shouted.

He ran over to Rosh, who was near death. Rosh looked up to see his Master.

“I’m sorry,” Rosh told Kyle, “Jaden has turned. You’ve lost both your students.”

“No,” Kyle told Rosh firmly, “You are a Jedi.”

“Thank you.” Rosh whispered.

And with that he died.

Kyle woke up. It was just a dream. It wasn’t any ordinary dream. It was a dream of how Jaden fell to the dark side. Maybe it wasn’t even a dream. Maybe it was a vision. Kyle decided to get up. He wiped the sweat off his forehead and put on his clothes.

“What are you doing Kyle?” A voice asked.

Kyle looked behind him. It was Rosh. As a Force ghost.

“Rosh how did you?” Kyle asked.

“Your father, Morgan Katarn, has taught me the path to immortality.” Rosh told Kyle.

“That was lucky,” Kyle said finally, “What are you doing here anyway?”

“There is something you must know,” Rosh told Kyle, “In several hours time, Jaden will attack the Academy. You must leave while you can, before it’s too late.”

“I must tell Luke.” Kyle told Rosh.

“He already knows,” Rosh told Kyle, “He’s sensed it as well as I.”

“So what do we do now?” Kyle asked.

“As I’ve said before, leave before it is too late.” Rosh told Kyle.

Rosh disappeared and Kiara entered. She sat at the end of Kyle’s bed.

“Are you alright?” She asked.

“Don’t worry Kiara,” Kyle told her, “I just met an old friend.”

“So what do we do tomorrow Master Katarn?” Kiara asked.

“I don’t know,” Kyle told her, “And please, just call me Kyle.”

Stay tuned for Chapter IX The Assault on Yavin IV

PS: Sorry for the so much dialogue Chapter and lateness of the Chapter, I'm had Writer's Block with this Chapter. The next Chapter will be a major Battle (as it says in the title of the next Chapter).

Archived