Home

Midnight showing of X-Men The Last Stand

MysticSpade

wassa guys/gals, i just wondering who else is going to see the midnight showing of X3 tonight besides me. This is one of the few movies that i think would be worth the whole near $20 ticket price for me and a date.

So what is ya'lls (yeah i am from texas so what) thought on the subject?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i always go with a big group of people to kinda keep the energy goin. BUT as soon as the movie starts I'll smack somebody if they get to rowdy. I can't stand rude people at midnight showings.

i went to the 12 am showing of Batman Begins and parents brought babies to the movie BABIES!!! that pissed me off to know end. Cryin half way thru or anytime a loud noise would go off. Stupid babies.

Midnight showings are for die hard fans or people without the obligation of watching children.

Just my opinion i mean no offense to any of you with kids and take them to movies.

Well, i'm in the UK so timezones as all different.. but I think if i made a big deal out of it i'd just be disappointed. Don't want to get my hopes too high as it is a Brett Ratner film...

Its a bank holiday monday here so maybe i'll go and watch it then... or i could try and talk the girlfriend into going at the weekend... nah... no chance... ;)

Wow. It was pretty bad. Honestly, I thought that the first hour or so was decent, and could have set up a pretty decent ending. It didn't.

There was so much in there that had no purpose. Angel, Rogue - they had no influence on the storyline and felt like they were tacked on to just for the comic fans.That actress who played Kitty acted like she was about twelve - a little young for Iceman. Colossus did nothing except throw Wolverine the whole movie.

And Wolverine! They turned him into a pansy. Crying and saying he loved Jean and all that. That doesn't seem like the behavior of the character of te first two movies. And what was Jean doing during the whole big battle at the end? I didn't see her at all until after Magneto was finished. On that track, I thought that the Phoenix was badly explained and certainly not faithful to the books at all. I'd also like to point out that Juggernaut is not technically a mutant, so the kid's power shouldn't affect him

I'm just really frustrated. I felt like this could have been a great movie, but it really just sucked. I give it a two out of five.

Just got back from seeing it. And all I can really say was that I was disapointed. I liked it, but I didn't feel like they were the same characters, this was probably due to director changes. I thought this movie had a lot of potential, and didn't live up to it. Did anyone else think the special effects were done poorly? I mean they were still good, but I think they were better in X2. Overall.....6/10. I'm hoping if I see it a second time it will be better.

I hate BrettRatner

the movie had so much potential, but yeah it was sub-par. Though the special effects were amazing the storyline and how the characters were acting was so poorly done.

and what was with random, main characters dying ... i mean i realise it was the last movie, but they just started killing of main characters at random.

I didn't think it was as good as it could have been. The ending to me was great, but just throughout the whole movie it was just OK. I know they can't be faithful to the comics 100%, but some of the stuff just wasn't well done.

Oh well.

Great this sounds like a load of crap.

"I will only see it three more times. Today"

Just Kidding. I'm actually seeing it Sunday with my papa. Hopefully my simple mind will only be contemplating "Ohhhhhhh.." and "Ahhhhhh..."

I do just really wish they hadn't killed off Deathstrike in the last one. She would have made an awesome member of the Brotherhood.

Charles comes back. Remember the video he showed the class about the doctor finding a mutant with no brain,etc? He's in the dude's body.

I liked the movie. Thought it was a good popcorn flick ride. Iceman, Quill, etc are awesome, though I'm sad

Quill died. And Psylocke (wtf no powers shown from her :()

Oh well.

P.S. Rogue sucks.

Charles comes back. Remember the video he showed the class about the doctor finding a mutant with no brain,etc? He's in the dude's body.

Damn. I should have stuck around. That was the main thing that pissed me off was that

they killed Professor X

Anyways, I thought it was okay. Nothing special like the first two. It was missing that brilliant stroke of humanity that the previous director imbued into the others. Instead of feeling for the characters, and caring about the story, the only time I was emotionally involved was when I was excited about a fight scene, which was also mildly dissapointing.

But, hey, when you replace Brian Singer with that guy that did the Rush Hour movies, you can't exactly expect a mind blowing experience.

On a plus, Jean as the Phoenix was pretty creepy.

even though I didn't like how she took out the professor, I was amazed at the portrayal of the second personality.

I know it didn't follow the comics, but in it's own right, the Phoenix storyline was pretty cool.

6/10 from me.

Wow that movie was bad

Killing off all the main chars, that porcupine guy had the worst power I've ever seen.Pheonix looked like an alien poor Mystique(sp) She looks really good without all the blue makeup on. Still no Gambit...:( and I thought Jerry Curl person with the shockwaves was a guy at first

Sorry I don't know many Names from the movie

There's scaly bits covering her. :p

The success of this movie determines if there will be an X-Men 4, apparently. And from the looks of opening weekend, there will be.

The actor who played Juggernaut (Vinnie Jones) has a contract for X4,5,6 if they make them.

I don't see why everyone is so pissy about certain people dying... boo hoo. Your dude died. Get over it. They're probably coming back in the 4th.

Cyclops is a sissy.

Callisto is hawt. So is Psylocke. and Jean. And Storm. And Kitty.

But not Arclight.

I'm the Juggernaut, *****! :p

Quill was a badass though. He's in your base killin your d00ds. (He can shoot spikes too, just never got the chance to do so.)

I think IGN's description of the movie is best: melodramatic, messy, but fun.

I liked it, was a fun ride.

My favorite part was:

I'm the Juggernaut, bitch!

That made the whole movie for me. XD

My main complaint was that it was too short.

And why did all the bad mutants shop at Hot Topic? :p

Archived