Home

Same voices...diffrent charactors

Have you noticed some of the actors do voices in other LucasArts games? I'm sure a lot of the bit-actors did multiple parts in both KotOR games, but here's some trivia for you (though lots of people probably already know this):

Carth Onasi's actor played a part in Force Commander. His character, whose name I fail to recall, was the brother of a character whose voice actor returned to play Kyle Katarn in the JK series.

Speaking of the JK series, Rosh Penin and Dustil Onasi share a voice actor. As well, the female Jaden and Bastila Shan share a voice actress. And, on an almost completely unrelated note, the guy who does one of the default Jedi voices in JA also did a voice in Neverwinter Nights. Almost totally unrelated... but it is slightly! :p

Moral of the story: sharing is good.

For minor characters, it isn't at all uncommon. I believe Brianna's voice actor also played Lena in KotOR I, and maybe some other minor roles.

So you say Canderous' voice actor is the same as Mandalore's, hmm? What an interesting coincidence.

I was playing Killer 7 and I thought I recognized Atton's voice actor. I checked the listing on IMDB, and found out it wasn't him. Oddly enough, he still had roles in KotOR II, though (none specifically listed). It's actually pretty neat how close-knit the voice acting community is.

I was playing Killer 7 and I thought I recognized Atton's voice actor. I checked the listing on IMDB, and found out it wasn't him. Oddly enough, he still had roles in KotOR II, though (none specifically listed). It's actually pretty neat how close-knit the voice acting community is.
I don't know if I'd consider it close-knit so much as relatively small. If you pay really close attention from game to game you'll hear a lot of the same people over and over again. The most reasonable explanation is that the voice acting pool is just smaller to begin with -- I wouldn't consider it the most prestigious form of acting ;).

Of course I'd totally do it if someone offered me a job as a game voice actress :p

It's pretty obvious when Visas outright calls him Canderous.

:nod:

Anyway, we're getting a bit off the point here, and sooner or later someone who doesn't know is bound to read one of the spoilers and complain :p

Actually, nope.. always use spoilers.. it's in the Forum's description...

We get tons of new players weekly who've never touched the game, and we'd rather not spoil them directly (we tend to like putting the temptation out there like tru DS'ers :devsmoke: )....

Please continue to use spoiler tags.. and especially never put spoilers in the title of your posts/threads... :D Thanks All!

Raphael Sbarge who played Carth Onasi also played Delta 62 in Republic Commando

For minor characters, it isn't at all uncommon. I believe Brianna's voice actor also played Lena in KotOR I, and maybe some other minor roles.

She also played Alora in Jedi Academy & the computer voice in Doom 3

You know the first person you talk to in the Hrakert Rift (KotOR 1)? That's Ethan Phillips. He played Neelix in Star Trek: Voyager. He also did the voice of the guy in front of Ajunta Pall's tomb. I want a mod that makes them both look like Neelix...

Aaack, Neelix. I knew I recognized that whiny voice from somewhere.

Also, Rosh Penin/ Dustil Onasi was also some character called Tino in some obnoxious cartoon my daughter used to watch. Can't think of the name of it now...just remember wishing I could kill Rosh Penin over and over and over in Jedi Academy and my kid going "Not Rosh! Tino!" in the background.

And yeah, Canderous Odro from KotOR is Mandalore in TSL. Duh.

You know the first person you talk to in the Hrakert Rift (KotOR 1)? That's Ethan Phillips. He played Neelix in Star Trek: Voyager. He also did the voice of the guy in front of Ajunta Pall's tomb. I want a mod that makes them both look like Neelix...

Ethan Phillips also does the voice of one of the infected outcasts in the Undercity and the guy that's with his wife outside the enclave on Dantooine, too. I'm trying to remember if he did any voices on Kashyyyk or Tatooine.

I had no idea that Jennifer Hale (Bastila) also did F. Jaden in JA until i red the credits. They just sounded totally different to me.
Well that's because one is her normal voice (Jaden, I believe) and one is her faking an accent :). I sound pretty different when I try to fake an accent too. "Foolish" comes to mind, actually... *whistle*

S:I had no idea that Jennifer Hale (Bastila) also did F. Jaden in JA until i red the credits.

(...)

A: She [brianna Voice] also played Alora in Jedi Academy & the computer voice in Doom 3

Those two seems to be pretty much standard issue in the Bioware/BlackIsle RPGs. Jennifer Hale (Bastila) also did the voice of Mazzy in Baldurs Gate II and Fall-from-Grace in Planescape:Torment. Grey Delisle (Brianna etc) also did the voices of Nalia and Viconia in Baldurs Gate II and Baldurs Gate I, along with the voices of lots of minor NPCs (and Jeanette/Therese in VtM:Bloodlines, though that's no Bioware/BlackIsle game). :)

have you noticed that some but not alot of the charaters are done by the same voice in both games...

KotOR | TSL

canderous ordo mandolor

can any one else think of any or is it just that one?

I'm sure now someone has already told you that Mandalore is Canderous. ;) You find out when Kreia talks to him and when Kreia talks to you (Exile).

So what Star War voices are in Oblivion?

I know that Wonder Woman, Capt. Jean-Luc Picard, and Boromir are in it.

None. I was just pointing out how much worse Oblivion is in comparison to kotor I/II. I have counted barely 4 or 5 voices for the thousands of NPCs in the game. Looks like they blew the voice over budget on Boromir and Capt. Picard. Wayyyy off topic.

Sorry goes Off Topic. Ed Asne/Vrook he also plays Healer in X-Men Legends, but this type of deal isn't just in games. The guy that plays "Mr. Satan" in Eng versions of Dragonball Z and GT also plays as a cop in one of the episodes of Dragonball.

The one where Tien Shinhan gets his redemption.

The lady that plays Baba (Female Character) in all the DB Series plays Frieza (Male Character) in DBZ & GT and she also plays a couple other characters using the same voice as Frieza. I could go on all day with this but this off-topic so i'll Shush.

In the German version of the games, Vrook in KOTOR has the same voice as the Victory Star Destroyers in Empire at War ...

Everytime I klick a VSD, I find myself thinking "What the hell are you doing in a Star Destroyer, Vrook?" It's really funny to hear lines from him like "Your orders?" or "We've lost our Ion cannons" :D

Archived