Home

[RANT] Galloway: Blair's death would be justified

Good Sir Knight

It just doesn't apply to all the folks we are holding at Gitmo and other facilities around the world, or the leaders of regimes we've decided to target... does it? :dozey:

I never excused that, besides Saddam is on trial but it's almost universally accepted that the man is gulity of war crimes, I know the people held at Gitmo should get trials but enough pressure hasn't been put on the administration as of yet.

[...] For yet another matter when one of the international observers is the Carter Center you tend to wonder

And why, precisely, is that?

and not to mention Chavez recently passed a law making criticizing public officials illegal, so much for freedom.

red_herring.jpg

You insinuated that the election was fradulent. I linked to an Amnesty report that said the election was at least cleaner than the past three US elections.

Indeed the man is an autocrat. I never challenged that point. Indeed he is hardly the choice I would have made, if I had had all the politicians in the world to choose from. But the Venezuelans did most emphatically not have all the politicians in the world to choose from, and I maintain that Chavez was the least bad option on the ballot.

By the way, I had to reset my Irony Meter after reading this paragraph [emphasis mine]:

Since winning a national referendum on his presidency in 2004, Hugo Chávez and his majority coalition in Congress have taken steps to undermine the independence of the country’s judiciary by packing the Supreme Court with their allies. They have also enacted legislation that seriously threatens press freedoms and freedom of expression.

Sounds familiar? I do wonder why...

But my apologies for accusing you of being a neo-con troll... Never did quite grasp how a neo-con got that good at spelling and syntax either...

Archived