Home

Patterned Jedi Robes

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=165255

Yup, this mod adds 5 new patterned Jedi Robes into the original KOTOR. 5 colour variations (Red,Blue,Grey,Yellow and Brown) are all available to buy from the Czerka store on Tatooine. Each robe provides reasonable stat boosts.

Stats

Defense Bonus +2

Strength +1

Descriptions

Jedi Battle Robe (Yellow,Blue,Brown)

These robes offer adequate protection and no movement restrictions needed for a typical battle scenario.

Sith Battle Robe (Red, Grey)

These robes offer adequate protection and no movement restrictions needed for a typical battle scenario, or slaughter.

Download

http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Patterned_Robes;63150

This is my first contribution to the KOTOR modding community, having owned the game for less then a week. :p

Expect more from me in the future. ;)

Very good stuff, as I already mentioned. In case I ever get around to playing KotOR again, I've got them waiting in my override folder ;).

Some suggestions, which I know you already considered. You mentioned in your other thread that you experimented with dual coloring of the robes. You may not want to give that up completely - I think, especially with the pattern you've chosen for the robes - it could be perfect. Don't know about black and red, but some complimenting colors like the gold and maybe an orange? Or blue and purple, or something like that. Two colors that maybe aren't as contrasting as red and black ;).

What was the problem with the red and black anyway? I know you said you weren't happy with how it turned out, but that seemed to be the end of that line of discussion.

Is it just me, or are the links not working correctly?

Some wierd linking problem, just copy the link into your address bar. :p

Some suggestions, which I know you already considered. You mentioned in your other thread that you experimented with dual coloring of the robes. You may not want to give that up completely - I think, especially with the pattern you've chosen for the robes - it could be perfect. Don't know about black and red, but some complimenting colors like the gold and maybe an orange? Or blue and purple, or something like that. Two colors that maybe aren't as contrasting as red and black .

What was the problem with the red and black anyway? I know you said you weren't happy with how it turned out, but that seemed to be the end of that line of discussion.

I guess it wouldn't hurt to experiment a little with multiple colours. The reason I felt that at the time multiple colours didn't fit well was because I was too accustomed to seeing the single colour variations, and two colours looked out of place. I'll experiment later, and perhaps release another pack or something.

• 5 weeks later...

I placed the zip files into the overide folder just as I have done with other mods and it's stated that the modded robes should be availabe to purchase at the czerka shot on Tatooine but they are no where to be found. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Well first off you are posting int he wrong area. The "T3-M4's Astromech Droid Center" is for problems or suggestions for the KotOR tools.

Firstly check the "Taris Upper City Emporium" to see if there is a release thread for the mod and post your problem there.

If there isnt a release thread try either try PMing (private messaging) the author of the mod if they are on the LucasArts forums or contacting via any contact details in the readme.

Two question that may help you though. Have you unzipped the zip file in to override? If so are any of the files in another folder? (override\Patterned Robes)?

Also have you gone to the Czerka area previously before you installed the mods? If so then you will need to use an old save game from before you first went in to the Czerka shop or if you havent got one (or its way to old) start a new game.

Welcome to the forums and dont get to upset about posting in the wrong area. At least you didnt spam the boards with the same question :D

I did unzip the file and there was no folder and I’m fairly certain I hadn’t purchased anything at the czerka shop before my current save. Anyway I guess I should ask somewhere else if this isn’t the right area.

Well first off you are posting int he wrong area. The "T3-M4's Astromech Droid Center" is for problems or suggestions for the KotOR tools.
No he's not posting in the wrong area. If you have a problem with a released mod, this is the place to post it. :)

Uh? Shem? It was in the wrong place, I know I moved it, then merged it with the correct Mod Release thread... This originally was in the T3-M4's Astromech Droid Center and that isn't the place for a post about a mod problem. ;) -RH

And the problem isn't the KOTOR tools from what I have read, it's getting the mod to work from the nstallation.

Also have you gone to the Czerka area previously before you installed the mods? If so then you will need to use an old save game from before you first went in to the Czerka shop or if you havent got one (or its way to old) start a new game.
Now, this is good advice. ;) That's basically what I was going to say. :D

O.K. so I reverted back to a save before I arrived on Tatooine and now the robes are available to purchase in the Czerka shop however another problem has come up. When I equip each robe with my main character it doesn’t show up during game play. It appeared to work fine when I equipped the robes with Bastila. Is it is meant to be this way or have I done something else wrong?

Uh? Shem? It was in the wrong place, I know I moved it, then merged it with the correct Mod Release thread... This originally was in the T3-M4's Astromech Droid Center and that isn't the place for a post about a mod problem. ;) -RH
Oh, crap. I didn't realize you can merge posts from other threads like that. I knew you can move threads, but merge posts from other ones is something new I just learned.

Actually this poster created 3 threads about this issue, I deleted one locked the other and merged the third one with this thread. ;) -RH

The robes will only work on Females. Males and Females have slightly different texture layouts so it would mean I would have to resize and move the textures and such to fit. I might get round to it in the future, but for now they are for females only.

• 2 years later...

Hi. I hate to commit thread necromancy and revive old topics, but I thought this to be the place to ask...

I've got the robes installed and functioning now, however... the patterned parts of the robes are see-through. Not in a lewd way... I just mean you can see everything behind your character... I've got a couple of screen to show. The first one is the first person view from T3, his blue vision lets you see it a little more clearly in a still image I think:

th_swkotor-20090104-192426.png

Second first person view is from another NPC:

th_swkotor-20090104-192525.png

This isn't just on the NPC, but on any other party member I put in the robes. I'm not sure if this is something new or what... Maybe I didn't merge appearance.2da's properly?

The robes will only work on Females. Males and Females have slightly different texture layouts so it would mean I would have to resize and move the textures and such to fit. I might get round to it in the future, but for now they are for females only.
oh! Hahaha... geeze, I'd been using this mod for quite some time. And I wondered what was going on at first. Then I looked at the files and realized there was no male set of tga files. My last couple characters had been female so I hadn't noticed before now. Now I'm playing a male and I kept thinking I was missing files.

This has been one of my favorite mods I have to say. Those robes are just incredible looking. And the stats are not overpowering, which is wonderful.

Would love to see the male patterns done at some point in the future if you're still around.

Ah, cool. I haven't tried that mod yet.

But you know, after I posted, I got curious as to what the existing robes would look like on a male model. So I simply copied the PFBI files to PMBI files and put them into my Override directory. It looks pretty good to me. I'm not seeing any significant flaws.

But I'll check out Brotherhood of Shadow at some point. Thanks for the tip!

swkotor2009010717585571tc0.th.jpg swkotor2009010717585454fg4.th.jpg swkotor2009010717585259kq4.th.jpg swkotor2009010717583747sa5.th.jpg swkotor2009010717582171db0.th.jpg swkotor2009010717575787yx6.th.jpg swkotor2009010717570964ci2.th.jpg swkotor2009010717565838is8.th.jpg swkotor2009010717564005yb0.th.jpg

They look really good, but as you can see in the two pics of Jolee Bindo, they are a little transparent. But I don't notice it very often. These were taken with the patterned robes files I took out of the Brotherhood of Shadows mod. So as far as I know, those files are the most recent versions.

swkotor2009010916280303nf8.th.jpg swkotor2009010916193766ep5.th.jpg

swkotor2009010916272669hm5.th.jpg swkotor2009010912071366wv9.th.jpg swkotor2009010910541509an7.th.jpg swkotor2009010816495727aq3.th.jpg swkotor2009010721292746wn2.th.jpg swkotor2009010721292230xp7.th.jpg swkotor2009010721291828ro0.th.jpg swkotor2009010721291605lu8.th.jpg swkotor2009010721291473si7.th.jpg swkotor2009010721150837rt5.th.jpg swkotor2009010721145867oc3.th.jpg

Archived