Home

Patterned Jedi Robes

Hi LeatherValkyrie,

I believe DarthYuugi is referring to the appearance.2da file which you'll find in your Override directory, which is a subdirectory of KotoR. You can use KoToR Tool to edit 2da files.

One of the columns in this file is labled envmap.

But I'm not sure to which row this should be applied. In my 2da file, row 7 Party_NPC_Jolee, the envmap column is already set to CM_Baremetal. But when Jolee wears the patterned robe, it is still transparent.

Hi LeatherValkyrie,

I believe DarthYuugi is referring to the appearance.2da file which you'll find in your Override directory, which is a subdirectory of KotoR. You can use KoToR Tool to edit 2da files.

One of the columns in this file is labled envmap.

But I'm not sure to which row this should be applied. In my 2da file, row 7 Party_NPC_Jolee, the envmap column is already set to CM_Baremetal. But when Jolee wears the patterned robe, it is still transparent.

I kind of wondered about the .2da... I read quite a few tutorials but hadn't figured out what I needed to change. I've been using KotOR Tools so far.

Are you talking about the patterned robes from the big mod? Because I thought these ones fit female characters only... When I tried putting them on Jolee he appeared just to be wearing the default brown Jedi master robes.

Yeah, if you read a few posts up... I pointed out how I took the TGA files from the Patterned Robes mod and simply copied them to new files using the male file name convention. The TGA files are image files. You can look at them in the GIMP, Paint Shop Pro, Photoshop, probably Infranview or your favorite image viewing or image editing application. The TGA files are the textures. So I took the TGAs from this mod, which are named so that when they are called they will be applied to female models, copied them to files following the naming convention for male texture files... so PFBI for females and PMBI for males. And then the correct textures appeared on the characters wearing the patterned robes. That would be the screen shots of Jolee and the PC I posted up above.

But as Exile007 pointed above, The Brotherhood of Shadows (Bos) mod includes the completed Patterned Robes; that is, both male and female robes. So you could install the BoS mod, or just pull the necessary files out of that mod to get robes for both male and female characters.

This all sounds more complicated than it is. To use the Brotherhood of Shadows mod, you would probably need to start a new game. It might be easiest to simply do as I did before it was pointed out the BoS mod had these robes. That is, to copy the TGA files from female to male and place them in your Override directory. So for example:

copy /v PFBI10.tga PMBI10.tga

copy /v PFBI11.tga PMBI11.tga

copy /v PFBI12.tga PMBI12.tga

copy /v PFBI13.tga PMBI13.tga

copy /v PFBI15.tga PMBI15.tga

If you choose to use the files from BoS, you'll need to know which files to use. The uti and tga files for these robes are numbered a little differently in BoS than they are in this mod.

Does that help, or did I make it more consusing?

Archived