Home

Limits to size of posts?

Mace MacLeod

Yo all,

I'm trying to upload some fanfic I wrote, but every time I try to submit it, the server times out when I try to submit or preview. It's a long story for this forum (about 8 pages in wordperfect), so I tried splitting it down and posting in parts, but that didn't work either. I tried cutting and pasting from wordperfect using both Firefox 1.5.0.3 and IE6. No dice either way. Is this a wordperfect issue, a size issue, or what? I use a wireless broadband ISP, and the connection supposedly stays stable during all this.

Any thoughts?

rrrrgh.

Just tried saving it to notepad and copy 'n' pasting from there, still nothing. I hit Submit, and the message "sending request to www.lucasforums.com" appears at the foot of my browser, and that's where the action stops. Maybe I'll try breaking the story in four parts or something. Kind of annoying--I spend all week working on this story, now it's taking days just to post it.

Thanks anyway dude.

In case anyone else has this trouble, saving the story to wordpad instead of wordperfect helps immensely (thanks, stingerhs). Could have also been the server just being busy, but the wordperfect files really seem to lag badly, and not just this site. FYI.

Archived