Home

Some New Random Events...

WarlokLord

Thought I`d take a crack at recording some ideas I had for new random events in Galactic Conquest mode; there`s lots of untapped potential here.

REBEL

Clone War Veterans

8% - Rare

Old veterans offer their services.

I: x3 Z95 Fighters

II: x3 Z95 Fighters, x1 Y-Wings

III: x2 Z95 Fighters, x2 Y-Wings

IV: x4 Z95 Fighters, x3 Y-Wings

V: x8 Z95 Fighters, x3 Y-Wings

Industrial Achievement

15% - Infrequent

Exemplary effort in X system increases production.

I: x2 of whatever is next in that system`s queue

II: x3 of whatever is next in that system`s queue

(the next ship produced will be in the numbers above)

Assembly Efficiency

15% - Infrequent

Exemplary effort in X system increases production.

I: x2 of whatever fighter is next in that system`s queue

I: x3 of whatever fighter is next in that system`s queue

I: x4 of whatever fighter is next in that system`s queue

I: x6 of whatever fighter is next in that system`s queue

(the next fighter produced will be in the numbers above)

Compliments Of A Friend

20% - Infrequent

A friend of the Rebellion saves a Hero, carrying them to safety. Our mystery benefactor prefers to remain discreet and anonymous.

I: A Major Hero who is defeated in battle or by Bounty Hunters is saved and returned immediately to play in the nearest friendly system

(activates at the time of a Major Hero defeat)

Volunteers From Kashykk

20% - Infrequent

Wookie volunteers have vowed to return the favours we have done them against the foe. Assault this planetary system and they will be there to help us.

I: x3 Wookies

II: x5 Wookies

(activates at the time of 'X' enemy planet invasion; single use, but persistent until used)

Volunteers From Sullust

20% - Infrequent

Sullust volunteers have vowed to return the favours we have done them against the foe. Assault this planetary system and they will be there to help us.

I: x2 Sullustans

II: x4 Sullustans

(activates at the time of 'X' enemy planet invasion; single use, but persistent until used)

IMPERIAL

Explorer Returns

3% - Quite Rare

A commander of a rimward exploratory mission returns to the fleet. Incorporate these forces into your strategy by forming a new task force and strike the enemy where he does not expect a fleet to operate from.

I: x1 Acclamator Cruiser

II: x1 Acclamator Cruiser, x1 Tartan Patrol Cruiser

III: x1 Acclamator Cruiser, x2 Tartan Patrol Cruisers

IV: x1 Victory Cruiser, x1 Acclamator Cruiser

V: x2 Acclamator Cruisers, 1 Tartan Cruiser

VI: x1 Victory Cruiser, x1 Acclamator Cruiser, x3 Tartan Patrol Cruisers

Warfleet Returns

2% - Very Rare

A fleet thought lost in a previous campaign returns to the fold, ready to make war. Strike quickly, before the enemy has a chance to discover these assets and counter-position them.

I: x3 Acclamator Cruisers

II: x1 Victory Cruiser, x1 Acclamator

III: x3 Acclamator Cruisers, x2 Tartan Patrol Cruisers

IV: x1 Victory Cruiser, x2 Acclamator Cruiser, x1 Tartan Patrol Cruiser

V: x4 Acclamator Cruisers

VI: x1 Victory Cruiser, x2 Acclamator Cruisers, x5 Tartan Patrol Cruisers

The "Ravenous"

1% - Extremely Rare

Admiral Hunter has completed his subjugation of a remote series of planetary systems. Welcome the "Ravenous" back into the fleet with an inaugural attack on an enemy strongpoint.

I: x1 Imperial Star Destroyer

II: x1 Super Star Destroyer

Blood In The Air

10% - Rare

War and murder breed a dangerous atmosphere, attracting the attentions of opportunists who may be of use to us. They claim to be capable. Make them prove it.

I: x4 Bounty Hunters

In my opinion, It's people like you that should develop the ideas for games - That's an immense idea, It could be incorporated into a mod if the dev team miss it.

Heh,

Yes!

(grin and takes a bow)

Thank you. The stuff I`ve thought of is simply a continuation of the random event mechanics already in EAW. I think its a great means by which one can add a great deal of variety and flavour to any given Galactic Conquest game. Many many things are possible.

I do what comes naturally.

Those look like excellent ideas to me. I would love to see some more random events in the game. It would also be great if they could be spread out a little more; I've only seen them appear at the very beginning of a Galactic Conquest game, and there are too few of them.

how about "death commandos" vader has seen to reward you if you can free up the commandoes by conquering the planet on which they have been deployed vader will assign you X noghri(sorry i if can't spell it right)

Nah that would not be reasonable, and random events are usually either optional (you get bonus should you choose to do it), or have little impact on the game if untreated.

Its almost as bad as "Emperor died of a splintered toe nail, you lose" as a random event.

Archived