Home

How to make new maps?

Lit Ridl

I am interested in map-making for Kotor Tool. Can somebody tell me how to create new maps for it? I tried to open Kotor Tool maps in Internet Explorer and they open! May be that maps are just bmp or jpeg files or something else?

Took me forever to dig out the old link.. but Fred had posted instructions many moons ago...

From the looks of the link, this is from his old site's home.. so I would suggest copying this info as I'm not sure if Fred intends to clean out that server or possibly move it over to his new home...

Assembling Map Models for use in Kotor Tool

http://kotortool.home.comcast.net/assembling_maps.htm

I can't check now but as far as I know the instructions come with Kotor tool. Check the help menu...

If I recall your part right on this point. However if I'm recalling correctly it's a seperate readme that was included with the most recent KT installer.

• 5 weeks later...
I've sent maps to Fred Tetra's mail and asked for feedback, but there is nothing!

If you had done some looking around here on the KT forum you would have seen this thread. Fred Tetra is having issues with his computer. Hence why you likely won't get a response, until he gets his computer fixed, sorry.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

You have to pack your module specific npcs, placeables, etc in your .mod file along with the .are, .ifo and .git file.

You can also put them in the override folder but if they are not unique, they will overwrite every other object with the same name in the game.

hey can someone help me? i can't open up the map file with the module editor. it says the map is missing its ".git" file. whats that?

The map has to be in a folder along with the .are, .git, and .ifo files. You should also put all the scripts, npcs, placeables, and other things into there, unless you want them to all be missing when you build the module.

The maps used by KT are a Kotor Tool specific file. If you haven't either downloaded the seperate map files or if the area you are trying to edit doesn't have a map file created for it yet you will receive the above error.

Emperor Devon there are no map files that you include in building a module that the game uses. All of the maps used in Kotor Tools Module editor are crafted one by one by Fred or others that have helped him. These maps are custom for Kotor Tool only.

Archived