Home

I think Helios just got it....

Alteran

Over the weekend as many of you know, TC was updated with a new round of combat upgrades. Helios started a thread about it....

Some where in the midst of the 27 pages in this thread there was an exchange of posts.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MMMmmmmm camping... *drool*....

- Aucob

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Helios - What did you like about camping?

generally a fun thing to do IMO , i liked it sometimes in group grind we opened one up and sat and stuff. and now group xp is back this would be a good thang

Helios - So, you just sat there and it was fun? (that's a serious question).

This simple exchange and response by Helios basically sent this thread into overtime and shows just how badly the Dev's of SWG weren't even close to understanding their core customer base before the NGE.

The Dev's now log on for a hour here and there. They are looking for the 'rush' of a hour of combat PvE or PvP. These dev's aren't trying to spend 4+ hours online involved in guilds, hunting, camping, crafting, cantina dwelling or in general doing what most of the player base were doing pre-NGE. The Dev's totally missed the boat and don't even understand the basic premise of their own original product. I dare say they don't even understand the simple enjoyment of owning a house and decorating it.

Perhaps that has been the problem with SWG all these years... yes 3 years now... that the Dev's of SWG are not playing their own product and trying to understand their customers wants and needs. Instead they tried to get the young crowd interested and alienated a majority of their older core customers. If this hadn't happened to the biggest names in the Sci-Fi - MMORPG industry, I don't think anyone would believe it.

they cant leave the game as it is at any rate theyll kill the remaining people. they need steady base not just one timers like i was (lag any1?).

when the lags fixed ill start considering playing again.

also doesn any1 know were the proposed publishes list was round here?

Archived