Home

Like a ghost from a past you wish to forget...

Don't ask me to explain how I was reminded how these forums existed, much less what compelled me to see if any of the old faces were around, or if I was in fact, STILL a moderator after what, four years of inactivity (I know I'm not :p)?

I could see from the handy-dandy search function that I was remembered (WTF is this Darth Sceltor moderator?) and missed (by at least one poster, hopefully in a manly, hetero sort of way) as of three years ago.

I trust some of the old farts I see active are not senile yet and remember my adorable countenance, and whoa, I just noticed the 1337 ISD smiley, nice addition.

Beer time, anyone?

:eyeraise:

I assumed you were dead.

How do we know this is really you?

Well... whoever the hell you are, stick around. We can always use another warm body around here. For eventual organ replacement, if nothing else... :dozey:

... missed (by at least one poster, hopefully in a manly, hetero sort of way...)

As long as the the phrase: "Ah wish ah knew how to quit yew!" wasn't used,.. you're probably OK. ;)

:joy:

Those were quick, I wasn't expecting a reply for a while based on recent activity...

It's really me, well, physically. I was looking at some of my old posts and thinking, "this doesn't sound like something I'd say at all." I should probably update my profile and sig and all that stuff, because it's about oh, four years out of date (for some reason.)

For some reason "Ah wish ah knew how to quit yew!" reads with a scottish accent in my head rather than a western one. How odd.

:vsd:

Oh,.. there's a fairly steady flow (OK... trickle is probably more accurate...) of activity. It's just generally relegated to the single thread, which has become a sort of journal/ catch-all for what ever happens to be on our minds at the time.

Hmmm... Scottish, you say? There wouldn't just happen to be a man in a kilt in your past we should know about, is there? :naughty:

Seriously, though: Welcome back! :)

Hopefully there will be some others returning back to home base at some point. A lot of folks check in for a post or 2 and disappear again for months or years. But a few of us hardcore (no-)lifers can't seem to be able to cut the cord and move on,.. somehow managing to keep this thing alive on bare-minimal life support.

I wonder where people go when they vanish from the internet.

I went to college. Now I'm going on vacation.

What I'm trying to say is that after my triumphant return I'll be leaving for sure for a couple weeks, during which time I'll probably forget about this place again. :smash:

I just fade in and then fade out.

Of course I am currently of the mind that I do not actually exist and what you see before you is just your imagination bringing back a character you had forgotten about. Maybe not even that much, perhaps all I am is a string of words that your brain connected and decided someone named Admiral said.

Consequently when I don't post it is merely because the person who has imagined me has forgotten me.

For some reason "Ah wish ah knew how to quit yew!" reads with a scottish accent in my head rather than a western one.

My roommate's making me watch that movie tomorrow... She's going to hate me when I start repeating lines with a scottish accent. :D

"Brokeback Highland": "Ach! Aye weesh Aye knoo 'ow teh queet ye, laddie!"

Yeeeeah... now that would be a fun movie to see! Why should western cowboys get all the fun, huh? Show some love to a man in a kilt! (Which actually make it very easy to do...)

:dozey:

:joy:

Speaking of men in kilts... Has anyone else seen Formula 51 (released in the UK as The 51st State)?

Sam Jackson in a kilt.

It's on my favorites list.

But a few of us hardcore (no-)lifers can't seem to be able to cut the cord and move on,.. somehow managing to keep this thing alive on bare-minimal life support.

*Points to title*

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Would it be too troll like of me to plug my underdog Cardinals who just advanced to the NLCS?

No? Ok.

WOOOOOOOOOOO CARDINALS!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111

Ok, I promise to to post more than once a month. I'm drunk more often that that, so it shouldn't be a problem. It's just that, you know, you guys are so distant. Never reply promptly. Makes me feel like we never talk. We need a hug. There now, don't you feel better? Thought so. Whoa there, don't feel THAT much better.... :vsd:

Archived