Home

The powers of the emperor in FOC is he over or underpowered?

Naphtali

From easily destroying infantry with sith lighting to corrupt all units in the radius around him the emperor is a formidable opponent.

Still though the emperor can be easily defeated by a barage of rocket fire and blasters from vehicles, so the once seemingly invincible becomes mortal;

however from a game perspective sould they add another power to the emperor specifically for vehicles, power up his saber more, or allow lighting damage vheicles?

And also I feel his lighting should do some damage to other non jedi heros, like chewy, han, or eve c-3p0 or R2.

Your thoughts

• 4 weeks later...

I don't like the sound of luke's powers. He is supposed to be the most powerful Jedi, yet his only offensive power is saber throw, which looks like it can only attack 1 target. Will he be a stronger melee fighter than Vader, Kenobi, etc? Because one midrange lightsaber attack every so often seems kinda wimpy, especially when vader can crush and push enemy armies into oblivian and the Emperor can zap people and yoda can go yoda on the enemy.

Also, will vader-in-space become the Executor? Because that would suck. I love having vader in his tie fighter. Also, whenever he goes on the ground, the executor would disappear like the falcon, slave 1, etc.

The executor should be Piett's new ship and should retain its proton beam (or something should, because it was sweet).

And can Lando pilot the Falcoln when Han and Chewie are not?

I'm not against luke, but I doubt he is the most powerful jedi, maybe u say that because he is supposedly the last semi trained jedi (remember that the last of the jedi is just a point of view XD cause we got some EU last jedis XD hahaha)

well returning to the point, yep im not completely convinced with Yoda apearing in Galactic Conquest(nothing have been told, but i hope he appears just like mara and kyle now, he just give some train to luke and then dies, he can no longer fight in this era due to the effects of the Dark Side of dagobah he got older, wizer and tired, but not fisically stronger) and with lukes abilities, cloaking... he used something like that in a novel, but I would like to see him with something more, nothing like the anti-army ability Vader has, but something more usefull in battle like paralizing some enemies or makeing them unable to attak u unless u attack them.

Most powerful Jedi is indeed relative. When you're the last one, no matter how wimpy you are, you're the most powerful :p

Does he need more powerful features? Maybe, maybe not, we'd have to see how effective stealth actually is.

It has been confirmed (check the previe thread) that Piett will be in the Executor.

Actually luke eventually grows into probably the most powerful Jedi Master in the universe; his Electric Judgement could kill on contact, and he could do such things as creating massive force-based starship illusions.

If Darth_Torpid is still looking on this board, could he tell me if A) vader in tie fighter will stay in the expansion and B) if the Executor will have Piett's proton beam? or if anything will have the proton beam?

I like the proton beam. ;-)

i think that Luke's saber throw will be quite good... i expect that it will affect more than one soldier... i mean a lightsaber can cut through almost anything... i can just see it scything through a unit of stormtroopers...

Yoda looks very good... his special abilities look excellent...

i reckon that the Emperors power is Ok... i mean how often in the films or EU has he been in combat (except when he was against Yoda)...

i wish that Mara Jade and Kyle Katarn were in the actual campaign and GC... just i skirmish is rather poor...

Archived