Home

Behind the Magic Cd

OzzyGuanche

Hi all

Could someone please confirm for me that Starwars behind the magic cd is based on the SCUMM engine and what I can use to access the image files. The data files are bundle.000 and bundle.001. I was sure that this was SCUMM but I dont seem to be able to access the bundles.

Any information would be greatly appreciated. I realy only want to view the images they used for the Meillenium Falcon walk through as I am doing a model of my own. I would simply like tyo compare size and placement.

Thanks in advance

Ozzy.

Tried all the scumm utilities and none worked, thanks anyway.It only goes one folder deep.

Does not seem to be anything on the net regarding anyone having ever done it

If anyone has any other ideas please let me know

Regards

Ozzy

Hiho,

I'm surprised there doesn't seem to be a tool that can handle these files.

Well, so I made one :)

You can download it from

http://gamefileformats.the-underdogs.info/files/bundleexplorer-1.0.zip

Usage is pretty simple. Open a bundle (bundle.000) from either CD. It looks similar to the Windows explorer, on the left side are the directories and on the right side the files inside the currently selected directory.

You can extract a single file or the whole archive.

There are mainly Jpegs for the photos, the .bm files are rather small and seem to contain the images for the buttons, scrollbars etc.

The movies use the same format as Grim Fandango etc. and you can use my Smush player/converter to play/convert them.

The .s and .slb files are pure text files with scripts and layout data.

Hi again, another question if I can, I have bben able to extract the files I was after, I also wished to view and compare the MFalcon walkthrough as well, I was expecting some texture files etc, but all the files are as such "FW_A2A3.ZNM". With one SLB extension. Any Ideas as to how to view these, there must be some 3d texture files in there.

Thanks in advance

Ozzy

Hi John, thanks for your reply, I had found on the internet that thy may have ben video, was not sure though because there is a SLB extension as well which could have been a slide library, and the ZNM extensions the library files. Since your app looks for SNM should I change the extnsions to SNM from the ZNM extension?

I have not tried your app yet becuse the link you forwarded me to is broken, could you post it again please.

Thank you again for your time.

Regards

Ozzy

• 1 month later...

Hello.

I tried this program on the Star Wars Episode 1 Insider's Guide that uses the same format at the Behind the Magic - Bundle. However, I was unable to get the program to work with the Ep1 Insider's Guide.

If you would be willing to update your program to work with that too, that would be appreciative. I am particularly looking to extract the audio files, as they contain some music not on either soundtrack.

Thanks,

~Andy

Thanks for the program! However, when I use the grisp program to convert the extracted znm files to avi, the music is not added to them (the avis are silent).

Also, some of the znm files are audio only, is there a way to convert them?

Thanks,

~Andy

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

I tried Grisp and Grisc on some of the audio only .SNM files but they would neither play nor convert. I tried the files out in XWA Cut Scenes Player and the files played for a few seconds then stopped.

As far as I can gather SNM is a later version of the .SAN format. These were the Variant 2 VIMA.

http://wiki.multimedia.cx/index.php?title=VIMA

Is it possible to convert these to a wav file ?

• 9 months later...

I was just enlightened about BundleExplorer recently and I've got to say a very big THANK YOU to John Doe from created that awesome tool.

Now, is there any chance of getting something similar that will work for Making Magic?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm hoping John_Doe is still around around to see these questions. Bundle Explorer worked great on Behind the Magic when I extracted all files.

But when I use the updated version for Episode I Insider's Guide, and attempt to extract all files I get an error pop up that says:

Datei D:\\DATA\VEHICLES\PODRACER\PODB\PODB001.SLB kann nicht erstellt werden.

Any idea why that's happening? Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I'm very sorry to dig this thread up from the depths of the forum but I just got Behind the Magic a few days ago and am trying to get the tools mentioned in this thread but the links appear to be dead. If anyone has these tools can they upload them somewhere for me? Many thanks!

• 1 year later...

Archived