Home

Hot discovery! Get anywhere instead of walking on it

Grim_comician

When I've played Grim Fandango, I've pushed SHIFT+P by mistake and guess what...? I'm ending up somewhere else! Same happens if you do it in any locations... except while in conversation or some places that does seem to not have that function able, like at the pearl. Of course, some inventory bugs would appear for some unbelonging items in that year.

That's actually pretty well known. :~

You can also use shift+n to go back a room, plus many others. They're all debug commands, and debug mode is enabled by default I believe if you use Benny's launcher. If you want a big list of all the commands, click the 'Debug Keys' option on the launcher instead of going right into the game — plenty of fun to be had! :)

Once, I accidentally pressed Shift + P and each time y entered the game, I appeared in an advanced room. I couldn't start the game from the beggining properly :blast5:

I believe that's what happens with the original developer mode patch (before it was packaged with bgbennyboy's launcher), and also in some early version of his launcher. However, in the latest version he fixed it so there's now a working new game feature.

Archived