Home

Why was it cancelled?

urluckyday

Guys...this is the most amazing thing I've seen in a while...I was talking about the one that Lucasarts was going to produce a while back that was cancelled...this, however, is a very unique idea, but this means you must sign up w/Gametap to play the episodes...

a) wow... dont triple post. or double post for that matter.

b) we all knew you meant the lucasarts sam and max 2... we were just messing with you.

c) no you don't have to sign up with gametap to get the games; you will be able to get them from telltale's site.

d) where have you been that you've been "out of the loop" or news

Hey hey! Who knows what dark and sinister reasons LucasArts "really" had for cancelling Sam & Max Freelance Police, but what it seems to boil down to is that someone somewhere in the realm of their sales, marketing, oversees projections, or Vice Presidentery departments decided that they wouldn't be able to make as much money as they thought from a point and click adventure game, and pulled the plug.

Telltale's upcoming Sam & Max episodic games, on the other hand, are decidedly uncancelled, and are in fact looking totally awesome (something I can attest to because when I turn around in my chair at work, I can see people working on the game directly behind me, and it looks really great).

PS: don't mind the "gentle ribbing" provided by the forum regulars, as they're all really a bunch of loveable assholes rogues. Don't let them get your goat. In fact don't let them touch your goat at all, because they all have extremely dirt-caked gropey hands which never stay where they're told.

(Also, don't know if this was cleared up or not, but you don't need GameTap to play the upcoming Sam & Max games - they'll be for sale from Telltale's site as well as GameTap)

Love,

Jake

Archived