Home

to buy or not to buy

confusedewok

It's a good game, just buy it, theres no reason why you shouldn't. The campaign isn't epic but it lasts plenty of time with the cheats off.

amazon.com sells it for around $20, if you're in the UK then it's alot less, only 7 GBP on amazon.

No-one else really posts anywhere other than the "spartans vs commandos" thread so this is all you're going to get i'm afraid. All I can say is the graphics are amazing, the squad controls are awesome and really adds to the game and the storyline is great, I say just buy it, you'll be glad you did.

Personally, I liked RC a lot. The concept appealed to me. They combined star wars with military and commandos and threw in some nice graphics and missions. I only wish that there was more. It lasted me a good month without multiplayer at least. Go for it.

No. Buy Empire at War. :);)

Blasphemy!!!

I prefer Dawn of War TBH, (hehehe) alot less complicated. Can I ask though? Is Taris on EaW anything like Taris on KotOR? Or is it bloody fields or something...

But yeah, RC is awesome, best SW straight shooter in a long time.

This is the only real Star Wars FPS since Jedi Knight (1997) and the greater half of that was Lightsaber combat.

There was Bounty Hunter for the PS2 but that was third person and not very good.

and then theres SWBF1/2 which you of course know already, Niner, so Republic Commando is by far your best bet for a SW shooter.

I agree with that. I was playing it yesterday and I realized how good it really was. I slowed down and payed attention to the detail. The doors on Geonosis are amazinly detailed. Same with all the rubble on the Ghost Ship. I could go on and on. Aslo, the gamplay is great and the weapons are quite balanced and detailed. If only some of them did more damage, ex. trandoshan submachine gun/ DC-17m blaster rifle. Even so, its still good. If only there were more levels...

Yeah, I want an FPS that has a plot and objectives like RC. BF2 had objectives and actual missions, but they weren't on the same level as RC's missions are. Also, I liked how RC was squad-based. It was lots of shooting, but you could use some tactics, especially on the harder difficulty settings.

after i played the demo this week, i went to amazon.de and bought it for 9 € that 7/8 $... and thats worth buying! Hope Multiplayer will be fun.

- Grafics are great (better than jka/jko and Battle Front 1 and 2..)

- 100 times better than battle front 1 and 2

- great weapons (i think)

- its bloody -> cool!

- more... didnt play the full version but soon ;)

I've heard that the Multiplayer isn't great; I haven't been able to get it working yet. I'll work on it this summer if people are still playing it. I've never played online before, so I'll probably find it fun.

Btw, the only repetitiveness that I could find was the repetitiveness of playing it over and over again because its fun.

So, every mission being in corridors, or the fact that you spend long periods of time pressing buttons on a console while people are shooting at you, or the difficulty increasing only by the number of SBDs at a single location wasn't repetitive.

Some people don't have high pain thresholds compared to you.

By Kashyyk, it just got a bit "meh". Good game, but a variety of missions would have helped. They're a SWAT team, so where's the hostage situation?

By Kashyyk, it just got a bit "meh". Good game, but a variety of missions would have helped. They're a SWAT team, so where's the hostage situation?

Son, one thing you never, EVER do is compare the elite clone commandos of the GAR to those children playing "Army" whom you call SWAT.

SAS do hostage situations, I apologise, got the roles mixed up. Anyway, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iranian_Embassy_Siege a proud moment for our nation methinks. *Ahem* But my point stands, why do I feel most RC missions would be better as infantry jobs? You kill so many rushes of enemies just to reach a computer?

Cheech Marin, just as a reminder, but the NEXT time your country fails to defend itself from terrorism, evil fruitcakes or madmen and it's people being held hostage by a no good SOB who wants to kill for less than $10, remember that all the soldiers are killing in other countries. It's a brave man who can face up to citizens of his own nation and take their life before their own life is taken to save yet another and should not be mocked. Would you be able to pass the test?

I respect the insanely brave men and women who are REALLY defending the streets.

I got the game now and i finished it. It was great, btw there are hostage Missions with the wookies..

Grafics are much better than Battle Front 1/2 and its more fun than Jedi Knight Academy/Outcast.

The thing i missed was, that u couldnt take Droid Blaster. Also i missed the Geonosian Battle Staff and Magna Guard Staff. It would be fun to bat droids.

Archived