Home

Who is your favorite KOTOR characters?

DarthSilas

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Without any hesitation my favorite is Revan for his/her charism.

For the companions, Mission is my favorite because she is youngfull, willingfull, resourcefull, fun to chat with and I like her voice.

However if I only look solely on the fight aspect, I pickup "stuckhead" Bastila at once to fight by my side. :slsaber:

Elise: She's got that weird thing goin' on with her droid.

Sunry: Mr. I gotta get me some of that young Sith stuff.

Adrenas: He's got access to almost every sith's bath house.

Shen Matale: That's right kid, stand up for yourself. Cut that umbilical.

Sasha: An 8 year old that can escape from trained Mandalorian guards?

Give it up for little sister.

Bastilla's dad: Anyone that old and still hunting Krayt dragons has got to be cool. Oh wait, he's dead, huh? Oh well, nevermind.

Was this suppose to be for playable characters? Oops!

Im surprised to few people said Revan. To me he is one of the best characters/figures in all RPGs i have ever played. Along with Jon Irenicus i guess.

Another very cool character in Kotor is Uthar, his appearance and his way to talk is cool. Especially compared to the other "usual" sith characters, who speak with so much anger and hate and always act like they are beasts and cant think clearly.

Uthar on the other hand doesnt shout or yell, he speaks in a cold way, that seems to make him superior to other sith.

Uthar is just great. I still always betray him and help Yuthura when playing the game though. :)

• 1 month later...

KOTOR major characters: HK-47, Canderous, Jolee; minor characters: Uthar, Yuthura, Griff (though I've killed him 2x).

TSL: HK-47, Kriea, Mandalore, Mira and Atton. However, many of these characters are too underdeveloped. Hazards of rushing a game to mkt........

Canderous.

He comes with the cool tattooo, and big badass rapidfire gun. He's got the attitude, and the skills to back it up. He even threatens a Hutt bad enough to make him pay credits. He is the only real soldier who you can trust to lead the others off the Leviathan.

I like that Canderous sticks with you no matter the path you take, light or dark. He has great stories, stories about war tactics and mysterious objects, and he also undergoes a personal transformation within himself, after studying his past. His character was well developed.

Probably Jolee. He has a very balanced view on things without getting too stuck up on the whole jedi thing, which is where the masters go wrong. Rather like Zez-Kai Ell and Vash too, though.

Bastila and Visas are hot, but that's a different matter entirely ;)

Mira or Mission, because of they have some character... And not the easiest !

Mmm I like Bastila too, because she was weak, it made her very influenceable, so she went through terrible ordeals to acquire wisdom and patience... Ala Jolee, in fact. I especially like this one for his sigh-full and fed up voice...

Erf, there are also Carth and Canderous/Mandalore for their war veteran attitude.

My top three favourite KotOR characters (in no particular order) are Canderous Ordo, HK-47 and Jolee Bindo. I like Jolee because I think he's a funny, wise, honest and an excellently written, rich, detailed, developed character who is voice-acted well by Kevin Michael Richardson. HK-47 is a funny droid, he's got a very black sense of humour (but that's not always a bad thing if you ask me) and he's got some awesome lines, he certainly makes good mates with my DS Revan, that's for sure. Canderous is a champ, I like his battle-mongering mentality, not to mention his 'I don't take **** from no one attitude!' He has interesting stories to tell, his confidence and honesty make him a likeable and worthy companion in KotOR IMO...

My top three favourite KotOR II characters (in no particular order) are Kreia, Atton Rand and T3-M4. I like Kreia because she is a very deep, complex character who is excellently voice-acted by Sara Kestelman. She is a very wise teacher, who knows much about lightsaber combat and force techniques, she also knows a lot about galactic history, the force in general and how to manipulate people to her advantage. She is also a very good judge of character. Kreia is an awesome character IMO, but perhaps I'm looking at things from a biast point of view, considering the fact that I too have taken a liking to the grey philosophy, rather than the narrow-minded Jedi teachings and the foolish, destructive Sith teachings. I also like Atton Rand, yes, he is a bit of a Han Solo ripoff, but he has an interesting back-story, he's no fool (as Kreia makes him out to be) he's useful and the best thing about him is his ability to block his mental feelings from another, disallowing any Jedi/Sith to tap into his mind and delve into his thoughts. Last of all, good old T3-M4, he's cracks me up the little fella, he's very useful, has a much more important/involved role in the plot than what he had in KotOR and he's got a great personality for a droid. But the one thing that pisses me off about T3 is his mystery/secrecy regarding Revan. What does T3 know about Revan that we don't? Why did he zap HK? What's T3 playing at? I wish he had of opened-up about everything. As much as I liked T3 in KotOR II, I wanted to slice him up because he never unlocked the navi-computer that revealed where Revan had previously taken the Ebon Hawk after the events of KotOR.

By the way, you may be wondering why Bastila isn't in my top three favourite characters in KotOR. Well, I know she's the most popular character (apart from Revan) in the KotOR series, but not everyone likes her. Yes, for a pixeled character, she is easy on the eyes, but still, she just doesn't cut it for me as being a great character. She'd probably be ranked fourth on my KotOR characters list, but nah, I just don't think she's a better character than Canderous, HK-47 and Jolee.

(Runs from the Bastila fanclub)...

I'm going to say every single K1 character except for Zaalbarr (not so much because I don't think he was a well-written character, just because his character annoyed me). All of them were great and detailed, especially, I think, Canderous. His war stories never get old.

Overall, though, my favorite would have to be the NPC Suvam Tan in the station above Yavin.

• 5 months later...

Not counting the main characters:

KotOR: Jolee and Bastila. HK-47 can be really humorous, but otherwise he's a cold and evil character, and I don't like him. Mission and, to a lesser extent, Zaalbar are also good characters. So is Carth, except he can be a bit whiny at times.

TSL: Visas and Kreia. And to a lesser extent Handmaiden, Bao-Dur, and T3. HK is still funny, but evil. G0T0 is actually quite well-written, but he is a cold, calculating, and ruthless individual who personifies all that I dislike. Kreia isn't really nice either, but she is about the best written character in KotOR and has some redeeming qualities. T3 was much more interesting in TSL. He was both useless and boring in KotOR.

Archived