Home

Lucasarts Future Bleak if You Hate Jones and SW

urluckyday

Which Company's Games Are You Most Excited About?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Which Company's Games Are You Most Excited About?

• Lucasarts
    • Doublefine
    • Adventure Company
    • Telltale Games
    • EA Games

The future of Lucasarts is very mixed and uncertain. It is absolutely perfect for anyone who just loves Star Wars and Indiana Jones, but they don't need anything else. I personally love both, but I've been waiting for some great adventure games from them that will never come. Instead I have turned to Talltale Games, Doublefine, The Adventure Company, and even a little EA (you know...Will Wright). The future for anyone that loves adventure games looks fairly good with the new Sam and Max game coming out...just not from Lucasarts. So, whatever you chose is fine...just depends on your taste...I personally can't wait for the new Indy game...

:max:

I try not to lump Will Wright with EA... I just see them as EA gives Will money to do his pet projects, which in turn, make more money than they thought it would. They thought The Sims wouldn't sell, and reluctantly gave them the money to go forward with it. Now he has practically the control to do whatever he wants.

And where is Autumn Moon Games?

Yeah Autumn Moon needs to be up there!

And just seeing that Telltale is making Sam and Max a real adventure game makes it worth it alone. I have not played a true adventure game since MI4 as far as chronological order of release dates is concerned. But yes I am looking forward to Autumn Moon's Vampyre Story as well.

[EA Games] thought The Sims wouldn't sell, and reluctantly gave them the money to go forward with it.

I'm pretty sure if the title hadn't related to previous Sim games they wouldn't have financed it. The only reason I figure they did go with it was that it was (in a way) a sequel to a successful series.

Maybe I should have voted for The Adventure Company, since they publish some pretty decent adventures and are quite the only company you can expect a constant flow of adventures from. The quality may vary, but hey, they only publish them...

Carpe Jugulum, story about 4 witches who take on, basically, invincible vampires (who like to spell it "Vampyre" because it sounds cooler).

Vampyre Story, a game about vampires.

So far I only see a similarity with the spelling of the word Vampyre. You could say it has similarities with Masquerade because Mona's an opera singer, but I wouldn't because chances are there's no phantom (yes, it was a parody) in A Vampyre Story.

The recent XBox magazine has sales figures for Psychonauts and shame on all of you who are not us... (because we were good and everyone here bought it, or even two, like me.)

57,500 copies sold, according to the sales tracker NPD Group. The figure is through Feb 2006 and excludes WalMart sales, and is probably domestic to U.S. only.

Archived