Home

Worth playing again?

Lantzen

I quit playing Galaxies a little before the first epansion came out, and i have thogh about start play again. But is it possible to start again when you dont have any expansions(Dont have money to buy all of them). And i also heard that there have been some very big changes in the game, combat is one of them. So is it worth activate my account again??

Guest DarthMaulUK

You will get the jump to lightspeed free, check out the 10 day trial free first see how you find it!

DMUK

The free trial didnt give so much info, you are stuck on a space station with nearly no players. Most of the time i was just running around killing random cretures. The game also bugged big time, when i tryed to do the pilot missions the game just quited with no reson. Later i installed it on the second computer i have, and played with a friend. It worked the first hour, but then we couldent see each other, we were standing in the same place but we couldent see the other.

Dont think i will play the game after the trial is ended, there shouldend be so many bugs in the trial, the trial is there to get more people to play, and then it dont wotk. That dont give a good impression

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I say go for it, play until your heart stops!! (only joking lol) I've started playing a week ago and i'm addicted i don't know how some people can stop except they might get bored. The trial might be bugged but the real thing is better than ever (my cousin told me). After all if don't want to play it you can always stop the subscription.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

here's what happened: (as objectively as possible...)

1. The hot bar icons were drastically improved.

2. The 1 month learning curve has been dropped to a couple hours.

3. You no longer have to spend a minimum of 3 months to make a jedi (and that was after you knew what you had to do, where everything was, had an alt or a friend with ALOT of cash, had advice and help on doing quests, and ground for a few hours every day untill you got to the village.

4. They streamlined combat so it's point and click more like a fps than a classic mmo.

5. they removed any choices after you select a character class (there were some specialty skills, but there's really no need to worry about them, it's very obvious which ones to get when you're able to get them).

6. They improved JTL by adding targeting brackets, but otherwisw left that part alone.

7. For the few of us (few by mmo population vs wow's population) who learned the much harder and vastly more flexable system, they completly and totally annihilated the reason to play swg and turned it into a wow in starwars world, but with even less options than wow has-yet the bugs continued to far exceed those in other mmo's.

I am very much against the move to the NGE. I wasn't happy with the CU, but after I got used to it, it wasn't as bad as I feared. Compaired to the amount of freedom we had with the origional SWG, I jsut can't get used to the linear progression your character makes now. For peope who never played this the good way, I can see it being a very good mmo. For those who got in wwith enough time to learn the old skill tree system, and now have lost that marvelous system, I'm sorry.

I wish SOE would introduce a new character class to the current NGE that ran ont he old skill tree system rather than the new linear progression. I dont' care if we would be underpowered for pvp, getting back the ability to make choices would be worth the loss in power level.

• 2 weeks later...
I quit playing Galaxies a little before the first epansion came out, and i have thogh about start play again. But is it possible to start again when you dont have any expansions(Dont have money to buy all of them). And i also heard that there have been some very big changes in the game, combat is one of them. So is it worth activate my account again??

I am new to Galaxies, but with the SWG-Emu servers in the works, the game should be restored to its original condition before the NGE and CU patches were released that many felt destroyed the experience. As far as i know it is a very bugged game, so could be a waste of money in my opinion. The expansions, however are very cheap to buy these days; go onto the official galaxies website and in it's store you can pick up the original game "An Empire Divided" and all the expansions, "Jump to Lightspeed", "Rage of the Wookies" and "Trials of Obi-Wan" in a pack for a mere $30 (in my country that's only about £18!). It's a worthwhile investment if your still into Galaxies.

Guest DarthMaulUK

Bugs happen in all games. As for the 'no image' that is normally found on the test centre and are placement holders for the current image to go there.

Galaxies has changed alot but the communities furry was really aimed at the way SOE conducted themselves with the changes and keeping the community in the dark. There ARE too many servers and some are like ghost towns, however alot of the euro severs seem to have a strong user base with new players joining all the time.

I reviewed NGE at launch and rated it 3/10 because the idea was good but the game just couldnt handle the combat (lag and controls). However, they have re-introduced some of the old camera controls and the new auto target helps alot in combat and thankfully, the benny hill style combat where your target runs off at warp speed doesnt happen all that often now.

The game did need changing and there were probably alot of other things they could have done first. Stream lining the learning curve was a good start but content is king and with no new content added for lvl 90s, leaves the game a little wanting at times

Having experienced alot of MMOs, WoW is certainly the new fad. However, I found it lacking as well but Blizzard know what they are doing and SOE could learn alot from them on how to run communities.

DMUK

I think the CU was a moderately good move as it could benefit (IE: Getting more Health without having to buff all the damn time for a Fortune :p) along with the new Weapons however it went down hill once the Newbies started Complaining saying "Oh this game is too hard make it Easy bla bla bla Bit** whine" then NGE was made as a "New Exciting way of game play" after NGE I could'nt even level up either because they NERFED the good XP animals / People or it was too Fu**ing hard to kill the Animals on Mustafar and Kashyyyk and made every quest Level 90 unlike in Pre-CU and CU were the Quests differed on Planet and level :(

I have Noticed with every newer patch they copy WoW ( Expertise was in WoW before SOE even saw it) I say don't copy WoW LEARN FROM IT OR GO A DIFFERANT PATH. you don't see level 90 in wow you see 60 and now the new 70 (just for Flying mounts featured in TBC) I hope SOE sees were they messed up cause now its just like Every other MMO I feel SWG is losing its Uniqueness.

Archived