Home

Thrawn confirmed!!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thrawn was skilled at using what he had in ways most people would never have thought off, such as using a cloaked ship to make it appear as though his Star Destroyers had weapons that could bypass a planetary shield. Additionally, read the short story Side Trip in Tales from the Empire to see Thrawn set up one heck of a ploy.

And Kre'Fey!? He doesn't even rate on the level of Thrawn, Antilles, and Ackbar. He barely rates on the Ozzel level :-P

They will be, at least as indigenous natives. Their homeworld of Honoghr is included in the Galactic map, and I imagine you'll run into Noghri there. If they'll be a recruitable unit... I don't know, but I doubt it. We've heard about most of the new Imperial units by now, I think.

You probably saw the list on Wookiepedia but we all know they are unreliable at best.

So far I've seen Honoghr, Felucia, Mandolore, Bespin(cloud city), The Maw, Kamino, Seleucami and Hypori and that's about it. I heard Utapau and Mustafar are also supposed to be in the game.

Bespin is already in it?

Now supposedly, if the galaxy gun incident would ever be mentioned, its victim targets would also be.

Also... we know Witches would be in it, and quite some possability with some Unknown Region Planets??

Well the Planet where Emperor/Master Brand stayed in be on the map? How about that place where the Iron Knights stayed in?

• 2 weeks later...

umm, im kninda new, but ive been reading the eu books recently, and as far as i could tell thrawn wasnt anything brilliant at all. if you ask me it was mainly experience, i mean he was the one who destroyed the outbound flight project which i do believe was before the clone wars?? any ways i would say that his studyin of art to decide what to do in combat did help but only very little, i would say it was mainly all experience e.g. when they atacked coruscant and launched those asteroids. he knew that it wwas a corrliean in charge when he pulled the dreadnaughts back. not through there art but by seeing them do similar things before.

well thats my thoughts. please dont flame me if there uncomprehendible

umm, im kninda new, but ive been reading the eu books recently, and as far as i could tell thrawn wasnt anything brilliant at all. if you ask me it was mainly experience, i mean he was the one who destroyed the outbound flight project which i do believe was before the clone wars?? any ways i would say that his studyin of art to decide what to do in combat did help but only very little, i would say it was mainly all experience e.g. when they atacked coruscant and launched those asteroids. he knew that it wwas a corrliean in charge when he pulled the dreadnaughts back. not through there art but by seeing them do similar things before.

well thats my thoughts. please dont flame me if there uncomprehendible

I suspect most people here (who have read Timothy Zahn's trilogy) would disagree with you, but you are of course entitled to your opinion.

The "proof" of Thrawn's genius was that he was always at least two steps ahead of his opponents, not that he was able to tell what species an opposing tactician was based on his manoeuvres in battle. Like a world-class chess player Thrawn could think farther ahead than almost anyone else, seeing every possible move and thinking up a counter for it beforehand. That is the very definition of strategic/tactical brilliance.

I never liked the art thing, or the way Zahn cast certain species as using certain specific tactics. Or, for that matter, each species having only one kind of art. Humans are more adaptable than that, why shouldn't other races be, too?

All Thrawns strategies seemed, to me, to revolve not around outmaneuvering his opponents but out-gimmicking them. Cloaking devices, mole miners, clones, ysalamiri asteroids...if you really look at it, all Thrawns great "strategies" really boiled down to him getting ahold of some useful gadget before his enemies. The reason he lost in the end was that the New Republic finally got ahead of Thrawn's technology curve and was finally able to anticipate and counter his actions.

Archived