Home

"Help Me, LucasForums Gamers... You're My Only Hope."

IF YOU'VE TRIED BOTH the 1.2 and the 1.3, which SWBF1 update do you prefer?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. IF YOU'VE TRIED BOTH the 1.2 and the 1.3, which SWBF1 update do you prefer?

• FOR ONLINE MULTIPLAY, I prefer the 1.2 update.
    • FOR ONLINE MULTIPLAY, I prefer the 1.3 update.
    • FOR ONLINE MULTIPLAY, I notice no difference between them.

I'm now realizing that there are clearly mixed opinions as to which SWBF1 patch is "better".

I'm hosting SWBF1 online-- mods only -- with the 1.2 update on my PC, and I've got an offer to host from a server (which I assume would make things alot better than hosting from my own PC) with the 1.3 patch.

I have read the official info regarding the update, but in my limited experiences of trying out the 1.3 beta update, I've seen no improvements at all, really.

I play Republic almost exclusively, and the only things I've noticed are the twinklie sparkles on the rear thrusters of spaceship engines (no effect in game performance), and that -- more importantly-- NOBODY seemed to be playing online with the 1.3 patch. It was a weekend night, there were 2 people-- on different servers-- whereas on the 1.2 patch there were about 40 or 50 players.

If you've experienced EACH of the 2 patches, I'd appreciate any informative opinions and constructive information regarding the differences you've noticed between the 2 patches.

I'm serious in my efforts to help bring about this growing revival of SWBF1, and it's important for me to know where the largest "audience" truly is, and if there actually ARE any advantages in the 1.3 beta update that I might have missed.

Again... I'm not concerned with single-player, and I've never hosted games before with a server until (almost) now.

ANY help to further my (our?) goals would be greatly appreciated.

1.3 introduced more bugs than it fixed. After it came out, all servers with the exception of about 3 went back to 1.2, and so did the people playing on them.

Stick with 1.2.

Also, I'm intrigued by your project. I'm sure I'll be dropping by the website to see what's happening.

Thanks for responding... I've decided long ago to stick with 1.2.

I'm hoping maybe the poll shown above gets some more votes, though, as I'd really like to see what the general opinion is.

LURKERS: I believe anonymous voting on a poll (like the one above) still maintains your "fly-on-the-wall" status.

Archived