Home

So, about the new Red Hot Chilli Peppers album...

Tyrion

Stadium Arcadium is alright; good songs, but few songs really have memorable melodies. So far what I'm digging is Slow Cheetah and Dani California. But uh, I noticed that I'm getting the feeling RHCP is really trying to...borrow heavily from other artists. Such as the whole Tom Petty deal, but even in that case I'll say it's just inspiration. But for anyone else who has the album, doesn't C'mon Girl's synthesized intro sound an awful lot like the intro to Baba O'riley by The Who?

Besides that, I guess this is the thread to talk about the album.

Got it yesterday, so i'm not really up to speed yet on what i like or dislike. Dani California was a major grower, as i didn't like it much to start with.

Nothing else jumped out as amazing, but it all seemed ok. There was one track that reminded me of the theme song for a tv show... but i can't remember which one.

Its a shame that they are basically 3 bands.. and thats why they have to release an album with 3 times as many tracks... cos they can't agree on what sort of music they like anymore. that said, i think in a couple of weeks once i've edited it down to the 8 or 9 best tracks it will rock.

At least i didn't hate it on first listen like i did with By the Way. :)

toms- I definitely agree. RHCP is my favorite band but By the Way had to grow on me a lot when I first listened to it but now I love the CD.

I give By the Way and Californication about the same now that the music's grown on me.

Surprisingly enough, I don't have Stadium Arcadium yet (no moolah) but I really want it, and One Hot Minute.

I like Dani California, but we'll see.

the best album i think is Greatest Hits and By The Way. thos hit home instantly, beings that i'm already a RHCP fan. WOOT WOOT. i haven't heard all of Dani California. i was watching the music video but the goddamn internet was freakin' up on me.

I waited til now to get Stadium Arcadium (despite being a huge chili peppers fan since the 80s) because usually a double album is a really bad sign.. and means you are going to get loads of filler. SO i checked it out in the music stores and reviews before deciding it looked like it didn't suck.

I didn't like Californicatoin when i first heard it as i was hoping for another Blood Sugar Sex Magic. But its now one of my all time favorite albums. By the Way on the other hand still sucks.

One hot minute is a great Janes Addictio album... but as a chili peppers album i was never that keen.

I can't remember which song it is, but there is one song on Stadium Arcadium that sounds just like the "California here we come, right back where we started from" bit from the O.C. soundtrack... :o

I'm thinking that once i edit it down it will be the best one after BSSM and Californication.

Mothers Milk or Uplift Mofo Party Plan<Blood Sugar Sex Magic, and especially everything after that.

Less than? I'd agree, but i suspect that isn't what you meant. ?? ;)

I'd go: BSSM > Californication > Mothers Milk as the top three. After that it gets a bit tricky as the other albums are all kinda flawed. I'd think Stadium Arcadium would be upwith those three... but with 28 songs i'm having trouble picking out any individual songs which is a shame.

PS/ I've got tickets to see them on 3rd July, supported by Ben Harper. :D

But now my girlfriend can't go so i'm not sure what to do wih the spare ticket... try and sell it or try and find a friend who can go. :(

Saying you think an album sucks is hardly flaming, unless you're in the band that makes the suck albums.

"Yo man, the guitarist sucks in that album."

"You are the guitarist!"

"Yes...but you're the bassist."

"Okay."

But yeah, don't mind the Sith and Colostomy. The latter likes dredgy death metal(preferably played on guitars that could kill you) and Sithy is from Texas; they don't have music down there. Except SRV, but you hicks killed him a long time ago.

Oh, don't get me wrong. I think RHCP put out a few really solid albums. Just not anytime recent. I like lots of things other than death metal I might add, although I probably listen to more death metal than anything else. I do like my guitars pointy/stabby though, so I'll give you that.

BTW, Pantera hailed from the great state of Texas. ;)

Archived