Home

Broken sword

swediot=)

im a huge fan of the broken sword series. have any of you played these games? I think they came out in 96 and 97 (bs1,2) 2 of the best adventures ive played. absolutely amazing story telling great voice acting etc etc.

ofcourse then there was broken sword 3 which.... uh it was ok i spose. i mean the story was great and everything but the controls were really really bad and just waaay too many push the box puzles which was just silly.

but broken sword 4 is coming hopefully in september and they have gone backl to a point and click interface so i have high hopes.

anyone else looking forward to the new broken sword game? or anyone just want to discuss the earlier games?

I love Broken Sword! They're among my favourite games of all time, though the second one disappointed me a little. I really liked the character of Khan for some reason. Oubier was also nice and his fate touched me a lot.

I'm actually one of the few people who didn't mind the box puzzles. They were fun to solve, definitely better than the annoying "press the right button before you die!" puzzles.

I've got high hopes for BS4 as well. The graphics didn't look that good, but everyone is saying that they aren't final, so I guess it's okay. Besides, graphics don't matter as long as the story is good. I hope we get to see some characters from the previous games. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Ultar and Bronson. It would also be interesting if we got to see the sister Khan mentioned briefly, too.

Scorpicus, you live in England, right? They have released the first two games in a double-pack some time ago over there. You shoul find it at Play.com or something for a really low price.

try soldout.co or .co.uk or something they have the double pack. the 1st one is better then the second. but the second is very good. and i thought the story was good in the 3rd one. what was wrong with it yohein? anyone looking into broken sword 2.5?

I'm really interested in BS 2.5. Their work looks very impressive this far and the game will be the perfect opportunity to practise my German. I can't believe how dedicated those guys are.

Last year, I was involved with another Broken Sword fangame project. It was called Broken Sword: The Lost Bloodline and I was the script writer. I had to leave it due to time issues and I think the project died some time after that, sadly. The only things that are left are this webste and pages of dialogue trees on my hard drive.

I think there is going to be an English version as well, but I'm still going for the German one.

The other languages are far from useless, even in these situations. How well do you speak French? I know a Brazilian girl who loves Swedish and would like to travel to study there.

Scorpicus, you live in England, right? They have released the first two games in a double-pack some time ago over there. You shoul find it at Play.com or something for a really low price.

How did you guess? :p

Wohoo!! Broken sword 1 is in the post! As long as it doesn't get sabotaged by post gremlins it should arrive this week.

Gotta go - England Vs Paraguay kick off in 3 minutes!

yeah those were a sad pack of matches i ca't beleive this. sweden just can not play against crap teams. they just can't do it. oh well lets hope england and sweden win their next games. im still looking forward to the 20th scorpicus. some of my friends and family are going to germany to see i.

as for french.. uh well i used to be pretty good i could understand fluently and at least make myself be understood. i lived 4 and a half months in belgium with my godfather.

started playing broken sword 1 again i hate that clown

Yeah, those matches did not get the World cup off to a bang. At least England got three points - however badly we played to get them. Management made a mental substitution at the start of the second half to take off a striker and everything fell to pieces from there.

Ah, the 20th of June - now that is going to be a good match!

Anyway, back to topic! A clown? What is it with adventure games and including clowns?!

I can't remember a word of French, I took it for three years and then as soon as I dropped it... BAM! All knowledge of French gone. I'm fairly good at German though. Xcept I was under the delusion for years that "uber" meant "very" and now I can't get out of the habit- damn it!

It's come!! Its come!! *skips round room in joy, tries to do clicky heel thing, fails, hits ground, ow pain*

Wohoo!! I shall now go and distract myself from looming exams with broken sword! Yay! Happy!!

Mmmmm... cherryade, lots of cherryade... sugar high!!

• 1 month later...

You might understand the plot of the fourth game, but you would miss all the jokes that refer back to the older games. There were things like that in the third game, like the clown's red nose.

However, I'm sure you could enjoy the fourth without playing the others first. When the third game came out, they said they made it so that even new people would like it.

Also, I got into Gabriel Knight games through the third and had no trouble enjoying it. Still, I recommend getting the others first if you just have the chance.

• 8 months later...

Yeah, the first one is the best in my opinion, too. I like the second one, too and I didn't think the third one was too bad except for the ending. The fourth one was OK. I found the plot quite confusing and, again, the ending was the weakest part of the game (though it wasn't as weird as in The Sleeping Dragon). It just seemed too rushed.

The first Broken Sword (Circle of Blood) apparantly got a really high score on Gamespot and from the screens it looks like a good game. I haven't tried any of these games, but on Amazon there selling 'The Sleeping Dragon' for $9.99, so I was wondering if that games any good. Can someone tell me if its worthwhile to play?

Broken Sword games are definitely worth it. The first one, The Shadow of the Templars/Circle of Blood (depending on where you live) is by far the best, but the others aren't bad either.

If I were you, Achrono, I'd start from the beginning of the series and play them in the chronological order, but I guess they can be played in any order you like. Some people hate The Sleeping Dragon, but I really enjoyed it.

What do people think of the fourth one? To me, it was a pretty bad disappointment. The godawful ending is in a league of it's own, but I also felt that the plot could have been told a lot better. Of the minor characters, only Mark touched me in anyway. It felt like most of the cast had no flesh on their bones, and this definitely goes for Anna Maria. For a character that the player was supposed to care about, she was horribly hollow. And I can't get over the disappointment of them not putting André into the game (apart from the small reference).

Archived