Home

Ship ho! Ye-haa!

Dagobahn Eagle

.%5CGaleria%5CHtml%5CWiadomosci%5C457840531.jpg.%5CGaleria%5CHtml%5CWiadomosci%5C457840515.jpg

Fi-na-lly!

Ship Simulator 2006

I've been dreaming about this for years and years. And I hadn't even heard of this thing until I went on SubSim today for Silent Hunter IV news.

Anyone else excited? Who's played the demo yet?

Myself, I'm disappointed there are apparently no sail boats. But the tug'll be fun. As will the huge container ship.

What I want to know is which cities are modelled accurately. I'd love a "European version" which focused on European cities, as I'd love to cruise into a Bergen, Norway with Bryggen (UNESCO World heritage site) and everything.

The demo is cool. Suprised at the graphics for such small filesize. I wish I could give some of the bigger ships a try. I did have fun ramming other ships, getting my boat flipped over a few times and accumulating over a million euro or whatever currency that is in damages.

Silent Hunter 3 helped quench my thirst for simulators I've ever had since the days of Mechwarriors 4 I played for hours a day so long ago. I'm downloading it, I'll see if I can play it tonight. Looks like fun. :p

• 1 month later...

So... has anyone else played the full retail version? I found it somewhat challenging to parallel park a huge ass container ship. I do get a lot of lag/slow down on the powerboat mission. There must be a lot of stuff boggling my system down.

I'd give it a 4/5 because the graphics are amazing for a game this size, and I like driving million dollar yatchs, crashing them, and not actually haivng to pay for anything \o/

Archived