Home

World Cup

jon_hill987

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

England annoy me. They have great players. They play terribly as a team. Everyone still expects them to win it even though they play bad. they go out early. Everyone acts surprised. And repeat.

But still, go england! ;)

Seems to me that USA winning would be a shame as it would probably go almost unnoticed there. I'd rather that a country that actually cared about football (ie: every country expect USA) actually won it. Be nice if one of the african teams didn, rather than the usual old guard from europe+brazil.

Its definately a lot closer than it used to be.. even these small teams have a lot of good players.

omg AUSTRALIA !!!

that was beautiful, after a bull**** goal from japan, Australia were down 1-0 after 84min. Than Tim Cahill scores (the first goal by Australia in a World Cup). 3 minutes later Cahill holds the ball outside the box and bangs one into the top corner. The ppl in the streets of Sydney are going mad rite now. Seriously ppl are running around with no shirts on and the Australian flags on their back.

End Score Aust. v Jap 3-1

My girlfriend is from Costa Rica so of course we took the day off and watched game one vs Germany the other day. My first time ever really watching a soccer match. Pretty fun except I kept getting pissed off because Costa Rica was on defense for 70% of the game and only had 4 shots on net (two of them being goals) while Germany shot it 22 times. RAR. You cannot score if you don't shoot or attack once in a while.

I would rather watch hockey but it definetly isn't as bad as I thought it was especially watching it with a crazy hot Costa Rican next to me.

BTP

omg AUSTRALIA !!!

My girlfriend = not at all happy. :(

-

USA are prtty highly ranked right now (higher than england, top ten i think). Though often those rankings can be way out of whack based on who you've played recently.

I thought they might do well, but it sounds like the Czechs are the ones to watch.

yeah don't pay too much attention to rankings, its not like the Czech are the 2nd best team in the world and USA the 4th (thats their rankings). Their changing the ranking system after the cup anyway.

The czech were playing brilliantly that game though, nedved was on fire. And hows about that Rosicky goal from 25yards. crazy

In other news Italy v Ghana 2-0

and finally its time to watch brazil.

World Cup is the soccer I watch. Imma picking Germany or any other team that is not Brazil or France.

I'm with the Commander. I'm tracking Germany, whom I believe will win. I'm also with France, Netherlands and (to some extent) Argentina and England. But after England's dull performance in their opening match, my hopes have faltered. I am supporting Ivory Coast too, so the Argie/Coast match was a little painful.

But after England's dull performance in their opening match, my hopes have faltered.

It was a bit boring wasn't it. The lack of strikers is ruining the team. It really went downhill after Owen came off.

Lets hope they do better on thursday.

yeah don't pay too much attention to rankings, its not like the Czech are the 2nd best team in the world and USA the 4th (thats their rankings).

and finally its time to watch brazil.

the USA are ranked 5th. i never do pay attention to rankings really, they're just a rough idea of where the teams are at. i couldn't believe that Germany was ranked 19th and they're like the second best team next to brazil in world cups won.

can't wait for brazil. Ronaldinho is the craziest soccer player ever. he's so good.

it's not England's fault that Man U is the best fifa team out there. but what is wrong with my insanely large siggy that takes up half the page? i like it. germany should do well in that case. it sucks that Man U can't play in the World Cup....... Stanly CUp!!! woot woot...... that was random/......

it's not England's fault that Man U is the best fifa team out there. but what is wrong with my insanely large siggy that takes up half the page? i like it. germany should do well in that case. it sucks that Man U can't play in the World Cup....... Stanly CUp!!! woot woot...... that was random/......

One would think that's a big enough clue.

Well the USA got it handed to them. They came out with no fire and absolutely no passion. I think they forgot they were in the world cup. They looked like they hadn't played in months. Oh well, I hope for a better showing against Italy, I think you'll see a big change in their game.

I agree with Feanaro; hopefully they get their act together.

Brasil was a disappointment today, I figured they'd get like 3 goals.

Good game though.

France v Switzerland was ok; not a lot of stuff happening on France's part, Swiss had some really good near goals.

Anyone saw Spain? they played really really good, at 15:00 there(hot!), and have the best result in the first matchs, Spain: 4 - Ukraine: 0. I saw brazil and spain played better than them so im pretty curious on how things will go on, i hope spain keep playing like today :D

Archived