Home

Beast's

well tamed rarncors are not that cheap.

I dont think that trained beast would be a good idea, only if they were native to the planet, like in the beast wars (not the transformers thing XD im talking of what happened befor the sith war), or the dewbacks or tauntauns.

But well we saw ewoks in the Dark Empire comics, and now theres an ewok with the New Republic Intelligence(after NJO) so I guess anything is possible ^_~

I like the concept of being able to drop a best into the middle of battle field and have it wreak havoc. However it should come at the risk of being uncontrolled and destroying your units as well. Tie it to the Hutt palace structure or something.

Well, rancors for the pirates would somewhat makes sense. There is a nightsister hero afterall.

Also, the beast, along with other nasty ones, are used in illegal fighting arenas, and are also used with control devices as guard dogs.

Rancors would be nice, though I rather prefer gundars.

Rancor (fought), Dianoga (fought), Wampa (fought), Banthas (rode), Mynoks (fought), Tauntauns (rode), Dewbacks (rode), and that's just the non-special editions. Add Rontos, and with prequals we have Opees, several Naboo sea creatures, Kaduu's, Eopies, Nexu, Acklays, Reeks, etc. Even Force Commander had a Stormie on Dewback unit.

Rancor (fought), Dianoga (fought), Wampa (fought), Banthas (rode), Mynoks (fought), Tauntauns (rode), Dewbacks (rode), and that's just the non-special editions.

1st: Special Editions = teh suck

2nd: Prequels = teh suck more, with animals for the kiddies (by the way, nice sig)

3nd: Only two of the animals you mentioned appeared in the Trilogy as a military unit (Tauntauns and Dewbacks), they only appeared on one planet each, and they never took part in a battle as a combat unit so we have no basis for either of them being used in a combat role. Dewbacks would be stupid as combat units since they are so frigging slow, and tauntauns would be instant cannon fodder for Imperial walkers. All the rest of the animals you mentioned appeared outside the Rebel and Imperial militaries and so there would be no reason why they should be included in the game as units, only as the NPCs they already are.

Dewbacks would be stupid as combat units since they are so frigging slow,

Dewbacks slow? THINK AGAIN...

We are talking about the corrupt faction, not Rebels or Imps. BTW it is not uncommon for the underworld to use some tougher monsters for attack animals and/or fodders, and some of them can take quite some beating, and quite some blaster shots.

In EU you get some nice stories on nasty attack animals.

Hey, I'm just going from watching its gait in the movie. The animal just isn't built for speed. It looks like it's more suited to rooting around in the sand digging up bugs than sprinting to catch fast-moving prey.

I'd be willing to buy it if a thick-hided animal withstood four or five handheld blaster shots before going down. But one good blast from a 2M tank, a Plex trooper rocket, an AT-ST, any of those things could kill the animal or injure it sufficiently to cause it to go crazy. They'd be on the losing side of every battle.

id rather not have animals do u notic that they didnt keep the racor up with them its because u cant realy tame a rancor it would probbaly kill all your units and then its gameover and it shouldnt be that tough in the game it can damge a at at i dont care if it is as big as it is i shouldnt be able gto do that.

I don't know about beasts. It could be fun, but it could also look weird. I understand some beasts are really strong, but to send them against a relatively modern army sounds more like cannon fodder then anything else.

True, very true. However, there are two things animals are good for: one, they are cheaper than anything mechanical, and two, they break down a lot less. So yeah, pretty much cannon fodder. But cannon fodder makes for very excellent strategies, if you just know how to use it...

Archived