Home

Gamespot Review...

urluckyday

• 2 weeks later...

Of course it's a great game.

Different from other LucasArts' titles, but excellent as well.

The atmosphere is amazing, the dialogues are great, the music is perfect...

In gamespot the review gives a 4.5, yes, but all player's answers give them an 8 (more or less).

Try it.

I agree with Valkian. The reviewers may complain about the lack of character interaction and other stuff, but in my opinion The Dig is the best LA game right after Grim Fandango. I adore the kind of games that throw you in a mysterious situation and force you to put together clues about what's going on. The Dig offers the perfect example of that.

Buy and play it. Seriously.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I ocassionally read Gamespot to be aware of new releases and to read game reviews. The problem is that game reviewers tend to rate the games based upon graphics, sound and playability as a whole; that is certainly not a bad thing, but it may happen that some game that gets rated as "poor" or "disappointing" ends being your favorite just because you 'liked it'. Sometimes you unconsciously put aside the game's flaws and simply get to enjoy it, regardless (until some point) of the mixture graphics-sound-playability. There's no way to measure this; it depends on each person's point of view. It's like your 'unconscious review' of that game.

In short, it's good to read game reviews before playing a game (I tend to do that always), but that can't stop anyone from actually playing it.

Archived