Home

OJP SDK Project File Upgrade to VS2005

razorace

I got it to compile!!!!(or at least debug right, since I havent made any changes worthy of a final) You da man, Atska! I've been trying to get that to compile for weeks! I should mention that I ended up having to put the libs file in the source folder to make it work since there is no "codemap" folder in OJP Repository.

The final DLLs still show up in the debug folder. :)

As far as .rc files, they were files used primarily by older versions of Visual Studio to hold "external" resources like images, string tables, and icons together. I've never found them useful myself.

Can somebody tell me where to find the new DLL after you build a final version in Express? I thought it was at the "final" folder, but the jampexe86's dont say dll and they are only a few KB big.

So, what exactly did you have to do to make it compile correctly?

Girl... lol,

A girl that likes Jedi academy and knows files and code well enough to do a tutorial for Compiling for VC++ Express?!!! Will you marry me?! LOL! :p

So, what exactly did you have to do to make it compile correctly?

I mostly just read Atska's tutorial in the link she posted except the parts she said to do differently here. If you want me to list it in detail for other people, I probably could when I have time.

hey guys, i need help with using the JA SDK with visual C++ 2005 Express.

i'm very new to coding and stuff, and before i even try to edit things, i want to be able to compile the original.

i followed the tutorial, but i get:

c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 8\vc\include\math.h(454) : error C2059: syntax error : 'constant'

and i also get:

c:\documents and settings\{myaccountname}\desktop\sdk\codemp\game\q_shared.h(1242) : error C2059: syntax error : 'type'

and the link to the lib files is not working either.

can someone please help?

hey guys, i need help with using the JA SDK with visual C++ 2005 Express.

i'm very new to coding and stuff, and before i even try to edit things, i want to be able to compile the original.

i followed the tutorial, but i get:

c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 8\vc\include\math.h(454) : error C2059: syntax error : 'constant'

and i also get:

c:\documents and settings\{myaccountname}\desktop\sdk\codemp\game\q_shared.h(1242) : error C2059: syntax error : 'type'

and the link to the lib files is not working either.

can someone please help?

I'm not sure about the "constant" error, but that "type" error I got rid of by searching out "float powf ( float x, int y );" It can be found in q_shared.h line(1298). I followed atska's advice about adding "#undef powf" under float powf ( float x, int y ); but that didnt work, so I tried it above it like this

#undef powf

float powf ( float x, int y );

and eventually it worked. I forget what else I did. I just checked it now, and that entire section is in grey. I would look up this page a bit and read everything Atska says in her posts and in her links for other clues on what might be wrong.

I'm assuming you did this already, right?:

"In each project. Clic with right mouse button, go to properties

then, Configuration Properties / C/C++ / Command Line

and add this in the text area

/D _CRT_SECURE_NO_DEPRECATE

/D _CRT_NONSTDC_NO_DEPRECATE

/D _USE_32BIT_TIME_T /wd4996 /wd4005"

You know, no offense or anything but most people that "try" OJP ask the same questions. They fire it up, see there are almost no servers available and judge the game on that, it's frustrating.

Coop mode is playing single player maps online.

CoOp = Cooperative Play. Meaning that multiple players can play thru a singleplayer map together.

ahh yeah, cool. :p

but what i meant was, someone making an MP mod that is exactly like SP. like, you watch the intro, go through objectives, see cutscenes, like everything thats in SP. and making it nothing to do with a server. have it purely to do with the players pc, nothing else. :p

this way, no one would ever need the SP source code. they would only need the source code of the MP mod (that is exactly like SP).

• 5 weeks later...

Running the mod in debug just drops a debug compiled version of your .dlls in your debug folder. As for a compile with the final compile settings, it really depends on how you got it set up. Try looking around in your linker settings to see if you can figure out where the files are getting dumped.

Archived