Home

Just completed GF. Sad Day!

Tobodestroyer

The game I played right after GF was The Dig, also by LucasArts. It's different but easily my second favourite LA game after GF.

You may also like Beneath a Steel Sky. Some bits of it remind me a little of GF. It's freeware nowadays so you aren't going to lose anything but time if you don't like it.

Also, if you manage to get your hands on the Gabriel Knight games, give them a try. GK is by far my favourite game series ever. They offer a well researched backstory, great humour and suspense.

Yeah, definitely put Monkey Island right at the top of your priority list. After Grim Fandango, the first three games in that series rank as my favourites of all time, and I'd imagine the same goes for a lot of other people. The graphics of the first two are a bit dated, but the games themselves are truly excellent. I even have a Monkey Island avatar!

Other than the rest suggested in this thread, the Broken Sword series is another that's begging to be played.

• 1 month later...

Try playing games created by tim schafer he created GF games like full throttle day of the tentacle there mostly point n click but there still fun. but the graphics are nothing like GF becuz there earlier but still fun and thats what counts!

• 3 months later...
The game I played right after GF was The Dig, also by LucasArts. It's different but easily my second favourite LA game after GF.

You may also like Beneath a Steel Sky. Some bits of it remind me a little of GF. It's freeware nowadays so you aren't going to lose anything but time if you don't like it.

Also, if you manage to get your hands on the Gabriel Knight games, give them a try. GK is by far my favourite game series ever. They offer a well researched backstory, great humour and suspense.

I played the GK 3 game. Took me a while, grand game it was. I was addicted haha prolly still am if i find the CD's

I have been on an adventure game spree lately and I've bought most of those games that have been mentioned (the ones by lucasarts at least). Fun!

All the old LA adventures are goooood. The only one I don't have is Sam and Max, which I should be getting sometime soon. If the PC versions are too expensive, you can always buy the Mac cd off of ebay for cheap as free and then use ScummVM to play.

The Dig: awesome music, desolate feel, etc etc.

Grim: Shweeet. Great game.

Blade Runner: IDK, I got a ways though then I ran into a scripting bug for my savegame... fun till that point though. :(

Day of the Tentacle: lol, fun :D

The Longest Journey: My favorite ever. Words do not adequately describe it. Music was beautiful too. I will play a bit of it again in a minute just because of this post..

Dreamfall: Was not disappointed by this sequel (WHERES NUMBER THREE!? JEEBUS!)

Monkey Island games: MI1 was awesome and so are the rest. Entertaining, and it has pirates. What more could you ask for?

I might add that Blade Runner is a really good adventure game. I love the setting in the game.

crap that reminds me I need to get that game too. and it pisses me of more that I saw it a couple of years ago in a sales bin in a department store, but I just blew it off as another corny adaption of a movie. little did I know how good it was, damn it.

Archived