Home

Better bot sabering distances.

Change MinimumAttackDistance for WP_SABER to 60 instead of 30.

Change MaximumAttackDistance for WP_SABER to 160 instead of 100.

Change IdealAttackDistance for WP_SABER to 90 instead of 40.

This makes them attack from a little far sometimes if you're just standing there, but not always and anyway most of the time you're not just standing there. The extra distance gives you some room to advance for a hit and step back to avoid his hit without having to run around the whole #%$! map backwards.

Tweak them after testing if you want but I think that all of these should be within 10 of the numbers I give. I used to use 80 for IdealAttackDistance and it wasn't bad. I actually have trouble deciding on that one.

I also made it so there are random pauses between there attacks instead of it being constant. You might consider it, it makes them seem a little more natural imho.

• 3 months later...

ctf4 needs fixing too the bots like to jump off ledge and then do a roll into the pit and thus never capturing and they *always* take lift and go down bridge instead of trying other routes to capture flag or even trying to get enemy flag. and they like to just stand around in many places. Also, the reason why bots dont work so well in Siege is because many maps have MONSTERCLIP's which block all AI (NPC and BOT) from entering those areas like the playerclip but for ai.

Thanks Vruki. :) Just two notes for the future:

1. You only need to use code tags when you're changing basejka code. Since the TABBots are my creation, you can just make tweaks/additions to it without tags. :)

2. It makes it easier for me you'd commit changes that apply to both OJP Basic and Enhanced to both of their source codes. I cover this in the tutorials in ojp_cvs.txt file and in the Accessing the OJP Source threads.

Archived