Home

Which Faction will control Eclipse

I'd be willing to bet that the Eclipse only appears int he campaign.

However, we already know for certain that the campaign will center of Tyber Zann's attempt to steal the Eclipse--so we'll probably only ever get to have personal control of the ship in the Underworld campaign.

I think it would be kind of cool if the empire got the Eclipse, SSD, and Death Star, because it would actually show that the empire was more powerful than the rebels. The rebels could counter it with certain abilities or something for more balance in the game though.

In the campaign only the Underworld will have a chance at controlling the Eclipse. In Galactic Conquest, though... hard to tell. The logical thing would be the Empire, but as Darth Andrew said they already have both Death Stars.

It would be cool if the Eclipse was an "up for grabs"-unit in GC. The first side to perform a particular action, like research, could snatch it in front of the others' nose.

We won't have two death stars, only one- the Death star II. That has already been confirmed by the developers, I think.

Nope nothing has been confirmed about Death Stars. All we know is the Death Star II will be in the game, what we dont know is if it will replace the DS I or not.

Nope nothing has been confirmed about Death Stars. All we know is the Death Star II will be in the game, what we dont know is if it will replace the DS I or not.

It has been confirmed that you will be able to have only one death sar, Not two.

I asked this question myself in the chat with the developers and this is hwat they answered(this is from chat transcripts):

Sauron123456: Will we be able to build 2 death stars in galactic conquest?

Petro/LA: You will only be allowed to have one Death Star II on the board at any given time.

• 4 weeks later...
The FoC timeline is after the Battle of Yavin, though...probably we'll see the second Death Star only. Which is just as good if not better than the original!

are you serious?? it is like... a quadrazillion times better. The death star I can fit into the Death star II's super laser base. and ISD can fit in DS II's Equalateral Trench. heck i bet the executor can!

All very interesting, but I wonder what exactly will happen in GC mode. Will we still be able to play the original GC for example. Or will GC have 1 long timeline starting where the original begins and ending where this addon ends. Would in that case the DS1 have to be destroyed before you can build the DS2. Or will you be able to have both the DS1 and the DS2 at the same time.

Sauron123456: Will we be able to build 2 death stars in galactic conquest?

Petro/LA: You will only be allowed to have one Death Star II on the board at any given time.

Notice that it mentions only 1 DS2 at any given time. Will this mean that you can build another DS2 after your first DS2 has been destroyed. And will you still be able to build the DS1 and how many may you have at any given time and can those be rebuild as well?

Apart from that the Empire has

SSD, how many at a time? rebuildable?

So with an ESD you will have yet another superweapon. So I doubt the Empire gets it in GC. It would also be silly for the pirates to have something Imperial while the Imperial player can't even build it. So I don't thik they'll get it either. However IF the pirates get it I think the Empire should get it as well. The question still remains how many and will they be rebuildable.

Nevertheless I think the Eclipse only appears during the campaign. Besides I believe I've read that it also isn't even finished.

• 2 weeks later...
All very interesting, but I wonder what exactly will happen in GC mode. Will we still be able to play the original GC for example. Or will GC have 1 long timeline starting where the original begins and ending where this addon ends. Would in that case the DS1 have to be destroyed before you can build the DS2. Or will you be able to have both the DS1 and the DS2 at the same time.

Good question.

Notice that it mentions only 1 DS2 at any given time. Will this mean that you can build another DS2 after your first DS2 has been destroyed. And will you still be able to build the DS1 and how many may you have at any given time and can those be rebuild as well?

Apart from that the Empire has

SSD, how many at a time? rebuildable?

Well, since it's the new Piett Hero then I'm thinking only ONE AT A TIME

So with an ESD you will have yet another superweapon. So I doubt the Empire gets it in GC. It would also be silly for the pirates to have something Imperial while the Imperial player can't even build it. So I don't thik they'll get it either. However IF the pirates get it I think the Empire should get it as well. The question still remains how many and will they be rebuildable.

Nevertheless I think the Eclipse only appears during the campaign. Besides I believe I've read that it also isn't even finished.

Prolly, prolly not.

Archived