Home

am I the only one worried?...

Before I begin, I would like to express that I in NO WAY am trying to offend anyone. I only want to make a point on what *I* think and feel the story of k3 will be.

Alright, I have seen many topics which seem to center on ideas such as the return of Revan, a search for the Exile, rebuilding of the Jedi Order, etc. Am I the only one around here who actually wants the third game to not entirely rely on the plots of the first 2 games?

What I mean by this: The first game was great, it introduced an interesting perspective to the Star Wars universe, as well as provided an epic feel to a videogame which I personally have yet to see rivalled. Best of all it introduced a very original storyline for us all to enjoy, the idea of YOU being the dark lord of the Sith. YOU were the hero, you were the villain and you were everything inbetween before the start of the game, and you chose what path to follow down in the end.

One of the defining factors of the game too was that next to NOBODY believed you were Revan, you didn't even believe it at first, and what's more if you do something in the game people attribute it to Revan, not YOU. Why do I think this is so great? Because it makes the person really get into the game. I remember several times where I was yelling at the screen because that Sith soldier on Manaan refused to believe I had any importance in life at all. But the fact is though, that I REALLY got into the game, and really got into how I played my character. I found myself constantly trying to top myself in each playthrough to see if I would get any recognition at all. However to both my dismay, and my relief, I got none no matter what I did. This is part of the reason I have played the first game 30+ times. Why would I want to play as Revan again and get all the recognition in the world just because of who I am??? Wouldn't that just make the game seem boring? (Think of it: You walk into a room, and half of the people in the room bows down to you due to your complete awesomeness, and the other half pull out swords and guns and lightsabers, hoping to slice you up... and to top it all off, you are only level 1!!!) Is that the kind of game you want to play? I sure as hell know I wouldn't want to play that.

Also, if you remember correctly, in TSL the Exile is wanted DEAD by just about everyone minus Carth and Bastila. Why would someone send a search party after them? I suppose they could send a bunch of mercenaries/assassins after him/her, but they would more likely assume him/her to be dead. (They are going into the outer rim, remember? Which pretty much means that any number of beast could have eaten them by now. Also, who in the galaxy even knows that's where the Exile has gone??)

As for the Jedi Order being rebuilt: Just about every Jedi Master from the first two games are now dead. The Exile has left towards the outer regions, and all of their disciples have either gone with them, or have died. Revan is in the Outer Rim, and Bastila is the only real force user who is still around (If Revan was LS). Even *if* Bastila was to recreate a Jedi Order, she would have to start off with little kids, and train them until they are adults (although I have to admit, I would definately love to see a bunch of 5 year old jedi wipping out lightsabers and kicking the $#!+ out of some mercenaries, that is too much of a humorous plot to be anything other than a sidequest in the 3rd game.)

So let me reiterate my whole point: I want the third game to have next to nothing to do with the first 2. Look at the first game, did that have anything to do with the original or prequel trilogies? And how much did the second really have to do with the first? So is it really so illogical to say that the third game should *not* have the Exile and Revan return until at the very earliest the very end? That characters from the first two games should *not* rebuild the Jedi Order? That you should *not* start the game in an *already* rebuilt Jedi Order?

I understand that everyone is entitled to their opinions, and I'm not attacking anyone because they think differently than I do. I'm just worried that *too many* people have a different opinion than I do on the matter, and since this is a Lucas maintained site that whoever is making the next game might look at all our suggestions, see the ones which would probably detract from the series, and decide to use those ideas. I just want to see if I'm the only one who thinks the 3rd game should have as much originality as possible, and not become a sequel where everyone from the first two games returns... that would ruin the series in my honest opinion, and would be the final straw that would force me to give up on Lucasarts forever.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow. I completely agree. Some parts of the new trilogy has to have some part of the two though. Just like the Trilogy, parts from other movies were incorporated into the last. But it'd be nice to start off fresh as maybe a child, learning the ways of the Force only to be known as 'the savior' who defeats Revan and the Exile or 'the horrible' who defeats good revan and good exile.

I know how you feel and also dont want to start as Revan or the Exile, it would be really hard to work into the game anyway I'd think. The main thing I'm worried about in KOTOR III when its made is how they finish the Revan/Exile storyline.

Also starting off as a padawan in a newly formed Jedi Order would be cool. I think they could even have the tutorial part be everything up to your Knight trials, then the main quest line starts.

Wow. A lot of great points in this.

Why would I want to play as Revan again and get all the recognition in the world just because of who I am??? Wouldn't that just make the game seem boring? (Think of it: You walk into a room, and half of the people in the room bows down to you due to your complete awesomeness, and the other half pull out swords and guns and lightsabers... and to top it all off, you are only level 1!!!) Is that the kind of game you want to play?[/Quote]

Wow. I never thought of it like that. I have never wanted to have Revan or the Exile to be a PC. Been there, done that.

But Revan isn't expendable. He has become the main figure in this series. I know he wasn't in the second game, but everywhere that you went, you were reminded about him. This series has made itself practically revolve around Revan's story.

Also, consider this: Revan left the ones he loved to face a threat that he had encountered during the Mandalorian War. If the 3rd game totally forgets about that, no one will ever know what the threat was, and millions of fans will be left endlessly coming up with ideas about what might have happened to them. So the third game needs to AT LEAST mention what happened to Revan.

The Exile is not as important, but i would just like to see him come back so we could learn more about him being a "wound in the force".

And the Exile and Revan are needed to answer some of the questions left over from the first two games.

Finally, i agree with you that the third game doesn't need to have anything to do with the first two games. But it does need to be in the same period of time, whether before KOTOR 1, or a little bit after KOTOR 2. Otherwise, it couldn't be named Knights of the OLD republic. But you have a great point.

I completely agree. Why does everyone insist on you being Exile or Revan? I'm sure in the time between KotOR 1 and KotOR 2 people wanted to be Revan again but it didn't happen. Everyone is saying also that they want this character and this character and this character. KotOR II had TOTALLY different characters than 1. Why do people think that they will get characters that have already been exhausted, their pasts uncovered? They are DONE.

I do agree with DarthOxyClean, though, that Revan does need to be at least mentioned. Revan is too integrated into the story to be ignored.

Also, consider this: Revan left the ones he loved to face a threat that he had encountered during the Mandalorian War. If the 3rd game totally forgets about that, no one will ever know what the threat was, and millions of fans will be left endlessly coming up with ideas about what might have happened to them. So the third game needs to AT LEAST mention what happened to Revan.

The Exile is not as important, but i would just like to see him come back so we could learn more about him being a "wound in the force".

And the Exile and Revan are needed to answer some of the questions left over from the first two games.

Finally, i agree with you that the third game doesn't need to have anything to do with the first two games. But it does need to be in the same period of time, whether before KOTOR 1, or a little bit after KOTOR 2. Otherwise, it couldn't be named Knights of the OLD republic. But you have a great point.

Oh don't get me wrong, k3 would definately have to answer some of the looming questions most of us have, such as Revan's fate and all. I just don't think the plot should be all "Let's play as Revan/the Exile and go into the outer rim!" or "Let's go on a search for Revan/the Exile!". To me those ideas just seem really poor excuses to continue the plots created by these two characters. Of course Revan and the Exile would be mentioned, and depending on how you played the first two games (or depending on how you choose to answer choice questions), the stories behind the two characters will change. On the same token though, I really don't want to see Revan/the Exile in the game unless they are used as enemies that you have to fight and defeat (that and you will be able to customize them based off of how you choose to answer certain questions in the game).

On the subject of the Jedi Order though, TSL made it VERY clear that the Jedi had disbanded, and were almost all wiped out. I really would hate to see that such a great plot twist is changed for the third game. I mean, the only reason Kreia, Vrook and everyone are talking about a threat from the outer region is because the Jedi aren't there to protect the Republic anymore. Whoever this threat was, they were supposedly behind the Mandalorian Wars, and manipulated courses of events to begin the Jedi Civil Wars, which completely decimated the Order. Whoever this 'threat' is, they single-handedly manipulated the Order into falling, and now they are just waiting for the last remaining Jedi to die out so they can come in and take the galaxy over. (this all could be speculation, but I think there is more than enough evidence in the ingame dialogues to prove my point) Anyway, if k3 does include a rebuilt Jedi Order, that would completely ruin the story of k2, which would be very bad IMHO. Although I don't think K3 should rigidly follow the storylines and plots of the first two games, if you bring the Jedi back, nobody will EVER discover who this new threat is. They'll simply just keep waiting in the shadows until the Jedi are no more.

I firmly believe that the main character should learn the ways of the Sith as opposed to the Jedi for the third installment, it just makes the most sense (and would be a welcome change from the whole "the Jedi are the righteous ones" idea that Star Wars is so fond of preaching to all of us. Why can't the Sith be the good guys for once??)

There are too many unanswered questions raised in TSL for them to not at the least let us know what happened.

True, but do you really need to include either Revan or the Exile to answer them? A datapad would do the trick, no need to play as either one, no need to go searching for either one, no need for a bunch of characters from the first two games to show up. I mean, how many questions were there really that can't be summed up with a new, fresh character with a new, fresh party and a new, fresh storyline?

Think about it, the Exile has no idea what in the world is going on with him/her, so they can't answer many questions. Revan still has amnesia, and like Bastila said in the first game: "Your mind was too badly damaged for your memory to ever fully be restored." Revan won't be able to answer many questions either, so why bring either of them into the third game other than to get a bunch of fans going "OOOHH! OMG! Revan completely PWNED that guy!". It just makes the most sense to me to have everything answered by other characters, not characters we are familiar with, but characters who would know what's going on rather than revan or the exile themselves. (Just like Kreia wasn't in the first game, but she knew quite a bit about Revan because she was his/her Jedi Master.)

wow....

i think that revan is the best, and i have no problem with doing all of that again, revan's power is limitless and there are so many people and connections from the two previous games, so far i ve only heard one good plot where u are not revan its on another thread. it goes by a jolee bindo a spirit ghost teaching u the ways of the jedi and training u. then after that and as a last mission jolee asks u to find revan or turn him light again.

Actually, I don't think there are too many unanswered questions at all...

How did Revan and the Exile defeat the entire Sith Empire waiting for them without uniting the galaxy? What happened to their friends, and will they ever see them again? Will Revan ever explain why he did what he did to Mandalore, or if he and Bastila have a future. Will we ever see if Carth managed to make up with his son? Does the force, the binding power that "holds the galaxy together" apply outside the galaxy, where the Sith await?

If Revan and/or the Exile fell defending their friends and planets I don't want some crappy holocron telling me "they're dead get on with the game". I want to be able to see it, or control them as they go down fighting gloriously blowing up hordes of space planes and cutting down everything till their last breath.

If they won and survived, then I want to be there as well, and I don't want a datapad informing me " yes, yes Revan and the Exile beat everything in the unknown regions so get on with the game please". I want to be chopping things up beside them even if I don't get to control them.

I knida agree and kinda dont, i would h8 to play as the same pc i mean they'd have to be like drained like kreia was or somin like that, i think it'd be good if you where say one of the trainees in the jedi temple and then it got destroyed but u servived and u have to like go to corusant temple then the story goes on from there, Revan did have a limit for his power!(lvl 20)

revan's power is limitless

...What are you talking about? 0o Do you see Revan walking around blowing up planets just by waving his/her hand? Did you defeat Malak with one swing of the lightsaber? Were you able to run up against the rancor bare handed and kill it in one blow?? Let me know if you did, because you certainly weren't playing the same game I was.

How did Revan and the Exile defeat the entire Sith Empire waiting for them without uniting the galaxy?

We don't even know if they did defeat the empire, and it's likely that they haven't. One of the good things about this series is that nobody (minus the exile really) can walk into an army of about 100+ soldiers and come out without a scratch, and I doubt the exile would have such an easy time dispatching about 1000+ Force Users.

What happened to their friends, and will they ever see them again?

Pretty much everyone who died in the first game if you went DS (minus Carth and Bastila) is assumed to be dead, at least that's what all the stats on their personal items you find scattered throughout TSL suggests.

Will Revan ever explain why he did what he did to Mandalore,

He probably has no memory of doing that for one. And second, it is explained in TSL, he did it so that he could disband the Mandalorians so they would no longer be a threat (this is the reason the Republic believed he did it), and so that he could unite them under his control (the reason Kreia, I think it was, gave). Think of it this way, he did it to Handmaiden's father too, who was the leader of the Echani... The same two scenarios could be used to explain his reasoning for doing it to the Echani leader, as were given for him doing it to the Mandalorian leader.

or if he and Bastila have a future.

Does it really matter that much? I personally don't see this to be as much of an important part of the story to be included in the third game.

Will we ever see if Carth managed to make up with his son?

I have the same thing to say about this one, do we really need to know?

Does the force, the binding power that "holds the galaxy together" apply outside the galaxy, where the Sith await?

huh? can you explain this, please?

If Revan and/or the Exile fell defending their friends and planets I don't want some crappy holocron telling me "they're dead get on with the game". I want to be able to see it, or control them as they go down fighting gloriously blowing up hordes of space planes and cutting down everything till their last breath.

While I agree with you in that I want to "see" their death, I do not think they need to be included in much of the game in order to do this. Maybe a scene at the most, preferably at the VERY END of the game. However, I feel it would really make the game seem cheesy if they're standing there taking on thousands of sith without being phased. I want these fights to make sense, and NOBODY in real life can do that, so why should they be able to in this? Granted, it is a game, but still, I would hate to see Revan and the Exile made out to be gods in the third game.

Although, yeah, the Exile should be able to handle more than Revan as it is obvious he/she is FAR more powerful than Revan. I still don't want to see the two of them being in the middle of a bunch of sith and end up cutting everyone down with their lightsabers and such.

If they won and survived, then I want to be there as well, and I don't want a datapad informing me " yes, yes Revan and the Exile beat everything in the unknown regions so get on with the game please". I want to be chopping things up beside them even if I don't get to control them.

Makes sense, but like I said, they should not be made to be 'gods'. I personally feel the last few battles before the boss (if Revan and the Exile do make it into these battles somehow) should rely more on strategy rather than "I'm going to take this thousand, you take that thousand, and we'll meet in the center!"

And think of it this way, if they *do* defeat the sith empire, there's no point in there actually being a third game, is there? My guess is that they have failed, and are either dead or captured.

If you want my honest opinion on this all; despite both Revan and the Exile being great characters, I have always felt they should both end up being martyrs in the end. I feel that they'll end up having to sacrifice themselves to protect the Republic and the Order, or everything they have ever stood for.

i agree they should not be turned into gods but revan is one of the best, i just really like revan. i would not like to see him fight thousands of sith. battle a sith lord yes. i would like to see these ending the sith empire is crushed, the sith lord is dead, revana and the exile do battle to see who would control the galaxy, ill give one dead but not both!!!!

Does it really matter that much? I personally don't see this to be as much of an important part of the story to be included in the third game.[/Quote]

Well, I for one would like to know what happened to their relationship after Revan left Known Space.

But about Dustil and Carth: We don't really need to know if they worked it out.

huh? can you explain this, please?[/Quote]

Well, he is asking about the Force, and whether or not it exists in other galaxys. To answer that question, yes, because the Yuuzhan Vong were once Force-sensitive beings. They were removed from the Force when their homeworld was destroyed. So, yes, the Force does exist in other galaxys.

While I agree with you in that I want to "see" their death, I do not think they need to be included in much of the game in order to do this.[/Quote]

I agree. Until:

Maybe a scene at the most, preferably at the VERY END of the game.[/Quote]

I think that it would be better if the opening scene of the game is of Revan or the Exile being killed. That way, you would know what happened to them and that there is no way that you will meet them. Also, it gets rid of them faster. j/k.

Uh oh. I here comes the mob of Revan lovers.

:mob:

I have always felt they should both end up being martyrs in the end.[/Quote]

I agree, it would be a better ending for them if they die fighting to protect their friends (or lovers, in Revans case)

And it may seem like i do, but i dont hate Revan.

Also, it gets rid of them faster. j/k.

Uh oh. I here comes the mob of Revan lovers.

lol.

yeah, I guess you're right with finding out they're dead early on, but can you really think of a star wars movie which begins with a flashback of a former main character being killed? Further, can you really see the next kotor game beginning with Revan or the Exile's death?? I sure can't.

And it may seem like i do, but i dont hate Revan.

I don't hate Revan either for all of you out there who are reading this. To be quite honest, Revan is one of my favorite characters in the star wars universe (only rivaled by Kreia and the Exile). I just don't want to see Revan's character, nor the Exile's character ruined because a bunch of people want them to return in the third game when their stories are already pretty much over. I want the two of them to go down in Star Wars history as they are right now, whatever we as the players decided them to be. Not all of us want them to be incredibly hostile Sith Lords, not all of us want them to be righteous heroes. And I for one don't want them to end up fighting in the final battle unless MY Revan, or MY Exile would.

Truth be told, there are just too many possibilities to allow the developers to make Revan or the Exile EXACTLY like we have played them countless times before. I only hope that they allow us to choose our original character's motivations, their alignment, weapons, stuff like that. And then I don't want Revan or the Exile to show up until right at the end of the game. I want to play through the third game as a fresh new character, with absolutely no reason to be worried about either Revan or the Exile, and only at the very end will my choices throughout the game really matter.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I never played Revan as a badass who walks into a room and completely pwns everyone he meets. I played him more as a very calm, hero character who usually didn't do things heros should. Definetly not the type to suddenly decide to fight a bunch of Sith Lords spontaneously, and then get into a fight with the Exile over who will control the galaxy. What's more, my Exile always turned out to be more or less a lightside Sith who respects the Jedi Order. I would hate to see him as either a Jedi who wants the sith dead, or a Sith who wants to rule the galaxy.

yeah, I guess you're right with finding out they're dead early on, but can you really think of a star wars movie which begins with a flashback of a former main character being killed?

And that is why we watch them die, and then....o what the heck, ill post my idea for the KOTOR 3 plot in this thread in a bit.

Further, can you really see the next kotor game beginning with Revan or the Exile's death?? I sure can't.[/Quote]

I can see it without the Exile. I mean, the Exile is a wound in the force, and the only way to reverse that is for him to die.

Uh oh. Here come the Exile lovers.

I only want to see Revan and the Exile return, only so they might suffer. I want to see them stripped of all honor, and dignity, twisted, tortured, and finally slain, by a power far greater than either of them.For all those wondering, I do hate Revan, he is a coward. I believe Lord Sion said it best "Our chance at an empire ruined by Revan, he had the opportunity to heal this broken galaxy, and make it strong, instead he chose to surrender it to weakness, and he ran away."

ALL HAIL LORD SION! ;)

I didn't really want to read that giant post, so the only thing I picked up was that you don't want K3 to have almost nothing to do with the prequels. Why? That seems pointless to me. Like others have said, they have to finish the story and let us know exactly what the threat Revan knows about is and if he beat it.

I can see it without the Exile. I mean, the Exile is a wound in the force, and the only way to reverse that is for him to die.

True. Personally, I would love it if the Exile died, mainly due to his wound nature. His character comes off to me as the martyr type. He and Revan both, actually. I could see either of them dying in the next game. I'll be happy as long as they both make an appearence. Dropping either charcter completely is a really bad idea.

I think Revan deserves that big death scene. Flash back, or recording of him/her robed up fighting to the death. The exile however should be found as only un-identifiable remains and a datapad. Gets rid of any problem about staying true to the previous game. I agree they should both die, but die heroes.

How about you find the Exile remains in a f*ck off Sith monster's stomach really near to the end of the game? To show how close he/she was before they died.

*EDIT*: Maybe there could be a tragic twist regarding their deaths. Just picture the end game scenario this time around. Like a series of ancient Sith chambers that have different tests and what-not.

Revan got to the location first. He/She has to give up their lightsaber to unlock some special hootnanny that opens the final door. He/She dies in the next room, overwhelmed by opponents.

Exile gets there second. Doesn't have to give up his/her weapons 'cause Revan has already got the hootnanny and proceeded to the next chamber. Exile can fight his/her way through the bad guys but gets to the final door and can't open it because he/she's hootnanny-less. Gets eaten by the beast that's in the second-to-last room.

When your character fights their way through, you unravel this story through datapads and stuff, and pick up the hootnanny on Revan's remains for the final confrontation.

Something similar, but better than that.

great!!!

i really had a thought close to this one. its somehow related to the first two parts and it goes like this:

the whole story is about the true sith (i prefare to call them the real sith), the real sith have a secret weapon to destroy the jedi, and now its not a floating space station...its a person...you...yes, you will be the sith saviour, the sith'ari...and all these events in 1 and 2 were just to prepare you for your holy mission...so you'll start as a child surviving an air crush and you'll be found by the counsel of the real sith and you'll pass thier test, and get some missions...so you'll live during the period of the two parts and at the end you'll have plenty of choices...to fulfill your destiny as the sith'ari and kill revan and the exile(if they were good)...or to alter to the light side and destroy the sith...

what do you think? i guess this is an interesting idea since you will have the chance to get inside the society of the real sith...

Archived