Home

New Tim Zahn book coming out.

Darth_Terros

20060614bg3ji.jpg

Author Timothy Zahn returns to the Star Wars galaxy next year with his next book, Star Wars: Allegiance. Here's a first look at its cover, by artist John Van Fleet.

In Star Wars: Allegiance, which takes place during the time between Episodes IV and V, Luke Skywalker is still new to all this Jedi business. Han Solo isn't sure how much he's willing to commit to the Rebel Alliance. Princess Leia is trying to help run the Rebellion and wondering why Han is so infuriating. The young Mara Jade is one of the most valued agents of the evil Emperor. And a team of stormtroopers goes rogue, deciding to mete out justice their own way...

Del Rey Books is scheduled to publish this hardcover release on January 30, 2007. Keep checking starwars.com for all the latest in book developments.

http://www.starwars.com/eu/lit/novel/news20060614.html

yawn! Nice cover though.

Where is this said book. Outbound Flight is Old Republic and the Thrawn Trilogy and Duology are New Republic. Glimps of Thrawn in the early days of the Empire are mentioned, and I remember a comic with Thrawn in the background. I think it was in one of the later Rogue Squadron comics. I also remember Palpatine supposidly sending Thrawn out to patrol the Unknown Regions or something.

So im guessing im the only one that doesnt actually give a damn about this book?

God i hate Zahn his stories bore me to tears and this will do too, i really cant see this book even adding anything to the characters or the EU

Im gonna predict that the story will be a bunch of clones go a bit mad *probably due to something thrawn does without the emperor knowing* the empire send Mara jade after them to stop them *this'll take most of the book no doubt* while this is happening the big three will have some little adventure that makes them run into the troopers who'll they'll start fighting anyway the troopers will get the upper hand and just when all seems lost Mara jade will come and inadvertently save the big three who get away and mara will then go and mope about not being able to kill skywalker.

I will read this book. I find most of Zhan's stuff interesting. As long as Thrawn is not mentioned, I will be satisfied. I have not read the 'Outbound Flight'. From what I have read in summaries, the 'Outbound Flight' is not of my taste. I do like Episode IV, V, and VI books. I allways thought it would be interesting to read some EU about events that occured between Episode IV and V. I am in for the read. :)

• 1 month later...

this book looks very good... i like all of Zahn's star wars books that i have read (havent got Outbound Flight yet)...

i like the sound of it from the synopsis on amazon:

Mara Jade, the Emperor's Hand, is looking into the illicit financial affairs of a planetary governor, hoping to find evidence that he might be funding the Rebellion. Luke, Han, and Chewbacca are sent on a mission to help some rebel supporters. Leia is busy being a diplomat, trying to drum up support for the Rebel Alliance. And a band of 5 stormtroopers, on the run after refusing a direct order, finds itself in the strange position of doing good deeds...and perhaps even aiding the Rebellion. The paths of all of them will crisscross back and forth as they come closer and closer to meeting up with one another...but never quite managing to.

i wonder if Thrawn will be in it... or could he already be in the unknown regions at this stage... i know he went back after Hoth...

Edit: This is set before empire strikes back so Thrawn may be in...

I wonder how this new Zahn novel will jive with Alan Dean Foster's Splinter of the Mind's Eye, seeing as how both books are set between Eps. 4 and 5.

You know, cuz Splinter of the Mind's Eye set the standard by which all other SW novels are measured, right? :roleyess:

***cutmeister gets fried by every forum member that ever read Splinter :lightning ***

between IV and V huh... the elusive EU gap has been filled. I guess it had to be Zahn or Stackpole, as their characters are the ones that were around at this time. An OT era Red/Rogue Squadron Novel would be nice. ie. Formation of Red>Rogue Squadron, the Tierfon Yellow Aces, Wes Janson, Biggs and Co :)

Im surprised this new Zahn Novel wasnt called "The <insert body part> of Thrawn". lolz. talk about milking a cow dry :p

mtfbwya

To see Mara Jade act like an enforcer for the Emporer would be nice. We keep hearing about her past with the Empire, but we never get too much of the back story. Have they released this book yet, or is it getting ready to ship out?

I just started to read the Thrawn Trilogy. I have never read his story. I have read all the later novels, which deals with Flim, Karrad, Mara, the 'Camaas Document', and Outbound Flight. I am waiting to see Outbound Flight in paperback.

The newer book Allegience sounds promising.

To see Mara Jade act like an enforcer for the Emporer would be nice. We keep hearing about her past with the Empire, but we never get too much of the back story.

I agree, is it even known how she became an Imperial agent? If not that should definitely be novelized.

^^^^

They never went over that. I would like to know how the Emporer, Vader, and Jade meet. I think it would be an interesting recruitment. How does Vader except another force user being utilized by the Emporer. Or- Does Vader even know about Mara.

This could be a great book to tie things together. The Outbound Flight tied that event to his sequels. Now, he will have a Mara Jade story to bring everything else to closure.

You can tell he likes to make pre-prequel and pre-NJO novels. Even though Outbound Flight was a prequel novel, I believe that is his only attempt at confronting a young Anihkan.

^^^^

They never went over that. I would like to know how the Emporer, Vader, and Jade meet. I think it would be an interesting recruitment. How does Vader except another force user being utilized by the Emporer. Or- Does Vader even know about Mara.

He knows about her as seen in the tales comic Extinction

And i'd doubt he'd feel threated by someone as weak as mara jade he was a sith lord and she was pretty much on the padawan level of force sensitivity.

We are talking Novels. I don't believe Zhann had given people a deep look into her past in novels. (Books without pictures.)

Vader was threatened by Xizor. So, Mara Jade could very well have been a threat. Xizor and Mara both had the Emporer's attention, and Vader could very well feel threatened by this. If I remember right, Vader tried to kill of Xizor on many ocassions.

Vader = Human/Machine

Mara = Human

When it comes to the Expanded Universe, I would bet that the Emporer saw more potential in Mara than Vader.

----------------------------

What would be a nice twist to EU is that she does kill Luke. There were hints to her perceptions in the last Mara & Luke novel. Mara still seeps back to the days of the Empire.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived