Home

How strong is the Death Star II going to be?

jake123456

There are two main questions about the Death Star II that are bugging me.

1. First of all how will we be able to destroy Death Star II? Will we be able to fly Millenium Falcon into the superstructure and destroy it, or what? And will we have to beat the entire empire fleet to destroy the death star, like it was with the first one?

2. Second question deals with its firing capability. How much times during a battle will the death star be able to attack capital ships. From the video it looked like only one time-- which would suck, if that is how it's going to be in the game.

Does anyone have any info or thoughts on either of this?

Considering ROTJ saw the DS2 firing quite a few times, I think that you can fire it more than once. Also, seeing how it made mincemeat out of Home one in a Single Blast, it MUST be super Powerful. Note that there is a Special Ability Square ABOVE the Death Star Activation Beam, so that must be the Fire on Captial Ships superlaser function. So it must recharge, over time, of course.

I also think that it will have to be Lando who flies into the DS2 in order to destroy it.

How about Red Squadron + Millenium Falcon? Remember, Wedge was relatively important too in knocking out the generator (and covering the Falcon perhaps).

Also, the DSII would then be harder to destroy if 2 units would have to survive...

btw, in ROTJ, the death star only fired once at capital ships and it didnt destroy home one, it destroyed another mon cal cruiser, i think it would be unbalanced if the death star was to fire at capital ships more than once in a game, dont forget the empire also have the Eclipses super laser which can destory capital ships, if you ask me the game seems realy unbalanced at the minute, but we will have to wait until the FOC is released, then we can see what surprises the rebels have :)

btw, in ROTJ, the death star only fired once

Twice, on-screen. It also may have fired more times than we were shown.

I suspect that players wil only ever get to control the Eclipse as the Underworld faction. That is, that the Empire will only own the Eclipse as the AI player int he Underworld campaign. So any one side of a conflict could only control one superweapon at a time. They probably have really long recharge timers, and the Rebellion probably has some way to launch a starfighter attack on them. There might also be the possibility that the superlasers could miss their targets, and there's probably a minimum size of ship it can target.

btw, in ROTJ, the death star only fired once at capital ships and it didnt destroy home one, it destroyed another mon cal cruiser, i think it would be unbalanced if the death star was to fire at capital ships more than once in a game, dont forget the empire also have the Eclipses super laser which can destory capital ships, if you ask me the game seems realy unbalanced at the minute, but we will have to wait until the FOC is released, then we can see what surprises the rebels have :)

what are you talking about????The Death Star II fired more than ones in the movie!

If you read about the stats at the end of the Battle of Endor, Home-One is one of the few capitol ships that survived the DSII and the confrontation with the Fleet on the other side of Endor. On a side note I wonder if you will be able to get a completed DSII? although if you did the only counter would be when Tyber steals the Eclipse.

DSII destroyed the Mon Cal Cruiser Liberty, then kept going to pick off ships until the fleet moved so close to the star destroyers that it couldn't target them. They probobly didn't go for Home One first because they had no idea which was the flagship.

Soon I will be Grand Moff of the Second Death Star, At Last I will Have... Revenge.

Anyway, What Will you Do?

1) Use the Death Star II as a Pretty Background Feature

2) Blow up some Rebel/Corrupt Scum

3) Blow Up Planet

4) Use It to It's Full Potential- Blow up the planet, and some enemy Scum

I want to know, How long will it take for the Superlaser to Recharge?

How many times will you be able to blow up capital ships?

If you've blown up the planet already, will you still be able to blow up capital ships?

So many questions on a PWNing Death Star II...

Archived