Home

The Trade Federation Could have Built the Death Star!

Nute Gunray

This is from the new prequel book Rogue Planet:

Tarkin could not take his eyes off the slowly rotating sphere, with its massive core-powered turbolaser now revealed. "Ah." He smiled. " Always a weapon. Have you shown this to anybody?"

Sienar shook his head sadly. He could see the enticement was working. "The Trade Federation knows precisely what it needs and shows no interest in anything else. A deplorable lack of imagination."

"Explain it to me."

"It's a dream, but an achievable dream, given certain advances in hypermatter technology. An implosion core with a plasma about a kilometer in diameter could power an artificial construct the size of a small moon. A couple of large ice asteroids for fuel...common enough still in the outer fringe systems..."

"A small crew could police an entire system with one vessel," Tarkin mused.

"Well, not so small a crew, but one vessel, certainly." Sienar walked around the display and made large, vaguely designing sweeps of his hands. "I'm considering removing the extraneous spheres, sticking with one large ball, ninety or a hundred kilometers in diameter,/i>. A more wieldy design for transport."

Tarkin smiled proudly. "I knew I picked the right man for this job, Raith." He admired the design with brows tightly knit. "What a sense of scale! What unutterable power!"

"I'm not sure I have any free time, " Sienar said with a frown.

"Despite my lack of connections, I still manage to keep very busy."

Tarkin waved his hand dismissively. "Forget these shadows of a past life and focus on the future. What a future it will be, Raith, if you satisfy the right people!"

------------------

It's not good if the only shoulder you

could possibly have to cry on is the reason you're crying in the first place,

now is it?

Guest garyah99

V-e-r-y Interesting! Since they were aligned with Sidious/Palpatine, it's certainly possible that they at least provided some of the components. Neat find Nute biggrin.gif

------------------

Every time I think I've found the end of the rainbow...I trip over it.

I wasn't going to get the book, since it stars the hated boy, but after I read that excrept (which I didn't post all of)...The way that Tarkin is talking, The Empire is back already!

------------------

It's not good if the only shoulder you

could possibly have to cry on is the reason you're crying in the first place,

now is it?

Archived