Home

Best avatar

Gabez

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reg had the idea for "Truth, Justice and Freedom". Rosie Palm said she wouldn't abide by "Free love" and wanted it changed to "moderately priced love".

Keel AKA Vimes came up with the Hard Boiled egg because he thought there'd be a slight chance that after holding down the Barricades throughout the night he might actually get one whereas the chances of obtaining Truth, Justice and Freedom through the revolution was slim.

It's been like a year since I read that book and I can only just remember any of that... then again I've only read it once. I don't think it's as good as "Guards! Guards!" and I've heard good things about "eric" but I've still to read that one.

Eric's not great, there's no clear beginning, or conclusion, but I suppose it's okay. It's really meant to be just an inbetween about what happened to Rincewind after Sourcery, but then he next turns up in Interesting Times and I'm not entirely sure how.

I prefer Night Watch to Guards! Guards! but that's just me, I've read it dozens of times.

• 4 months later...

Archived