Home

Announcement: Forces of Corruption Q&A

Guest DarthMaulUK

Guest DarthMaulUK

With more and more information coming over the next few months about the expansion to 2006's best selling RTS; Empire at War - your number 1 fansite - empireatwar.net are giving fans the chance to post their questions to Petroglyph & Lucasarts with a new Q&A session.

You have until July 14th to think of your questions and post them here. Please, only one question per user - so if you need to change a previous question asked, use the edit button.

We will do our best to bring you the answers in early August. Also, look out for a special Forces of Corruption skin on our main site soon!

DMUK

The new Underworld faction in Forces of Corruption has many abilities that it seems the Rebel Alliance could have had in Empire at War. For example, they have some ability to hide their bases and units from Imperial scanners, and they can travel clandestinely through Imperial-occupied systems (unless, I presume, the Imperials have deployed an Interdictor). With these gameplay features now implemented into the game, will the Rebel Alliance also get some ability to build secret bases or hide their forces from Imperial searches, making them a sort of 'middle of the road' faction with a play style in between the subterfuge of the Underworld and the military might of the Empire?

1. in the videos that i have seen and the screen shots, it appears the empire are the weakest, especially vaders flag ship super star destroyer that was obliterated in a video i watched, appearing weaker then a normal star destroyer.

the rebels appear to be in the middle and then the underworld faction. is this true or are the empire the military might of the galaxy (i would mainly like to know about the supper star destroyer). if the empire do not have the strongest military units then the expansion will be disapointing

2. i also wanted to ask if the empire and rebels will have similar abilities to the corrupt side, seing as they would be able to by them fom corrput rebels or empire worlds, shouldnt this mean that they have the technology aswell

3. will their be a new map editor released that is easier and more user friendly to use?

4. if this is a success will you continue to make more expansions or games of this genre?

P.S. sorry for asking so many questions, but i am very curious and hopeful that the expansion will be as good as or better then the original game

1. Given the bugs that plague EaW, have you done anything to improve on the stability of online play?

2. Will be it possible to play 2 v 2 v 2 using all 3 factions in online skirmish? If it is possible, will it also be possible to team up two factions (for example: a clan war match - TFL v EOE/NSE TFL being empire and EOE/NSE being reb/underground in a 4 v 4)

Will the Empire get more infantry unit types other than just stormtroopers (dark troopers, special forces units, marine troops, imperial army guys ... whatever)?

And ... concerning the Galactic Conquest mode:

- as there is going to be a new faction ...is this going to be expanded to support 3 players?

- will there be an option to change the speed on the galactic map (it always seemed way to fast for me to plan anything without continously clicking on 'pause')?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived